Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marjam, when I get to do my test in VA in the horrid red iron infested dirt in March, it should be very interesting. In mild ground, with little iron, it isn't much of a test for relic hunters. We have to deal with snakes, mountains, swamps, briars, fallen trees, etc. Not like park hunters. All that fun stuff. May do stills but not sure about a video. I tried a couple but I don't want to ruin a good camera with that horrid dirt which sticks like glue. A side by side in salt water (do you hear that tone?) would be beneficial also. A lot of people are going to be making sideways moves, not upward moves. On the bright side a lot of good machines will be available soon and someone will always buy them.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE YOU COULD EVER FIND ANOTHER THING IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN EQUINOX . I DON'T THINK I SIT AT HOME AND FRET ABOUT IT ..how else would they sell a new machine ?

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
You can still find stuff with decades old machines. What sells the new stuff is the new technology that possibly can ink out targets that the old ones can't. We are all still searching for the machine that is a game changer. And everyone that comes out, we hope this one is it. I am no different. I am not machine loyal or brand loyal. If a company came out tomorrow named xyz detectors but had the best machine without any doubt, I would sell every machine i had if i had to to get it. I think alot of people would.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, marjam, you are correct. Everyone wants the magic machine. I am not brand loyal either.

3cylbill, love your post, rofl.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the only one who thinks these beautiful ladies are way too hot for these these guys?

View attachment 1552681

Did you ever think that maybe it’s not the looks these women are attracted to...just some food for thought <grin>

3B1106F1-77FC-48B4-AD05-1052A2230C0F.jpeg

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I view the equinox as a faster Etrac and I loved my Etrac

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've ordered an 800 and I'm going to sell my excal.. May be a mistake but wiring repairs have cost me about 600 dollars thus far. Only under warranty one time.
The excal has paid for itself though.

I feel your pain. My buddy hunts with an Excel and I swear it breaks down almost every time we hunt. If it doesn't flood some other wire breaks loose. He does well when it's working.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread