All Treasure Hunting
Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash, I have no issue with you posting a hot link to the threads with the tests as long as you don't make multiple threads with the hot link, Your in the Equinox forum, posting a hot link to head to head that is on TNet forum under head to head does not violate our rules.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks...

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the Equinox unmask better than the ----??? in the head to head section.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/head-head-comparisons/572618-deus-equinox-unmasking-test.html

Are you setting your 5 tone up to disc iron only on the 1st tone? If so, what numbers are you setting your tone breaks in Park 2? Are you keeping the 1st tone at 0 or running up? Or using the 2nd tone to disc iron from 0 to whatever?

I took my NOX to the beach the other day for its first spin and had to use both tone 1 and tone 2 to disc iron up to 11. Didn't want anything on the Beach bellow 11.

Also, there was a noticeable difference in non ferrous tone using recovery speed 2 vs anything else. Now I was running Beach 2 since I was on the beach. Relic hunting on land will be different.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 , 15,20,22,25 TONE PITCH. I have not change where they break. iron vol set lowest and non ferrous at maximum.

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 , 15,20,22,25 TONE PITCH. I have not change where they break. iron vol set lowest and non ferrous at maximum.

Just out of curiosity, why did you graduate the tones as you go up the non ferrous numbers? Why not just keep all tones except the first at 25?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because I like a little nuance in them. So a silver coin will sound like a silver and a low conductive button will sound off but not sound like a silver coin..

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because I like a little nuance in them. So a silver coin will sound like a silver and a low conductive button will sound off but not sound like a silver coin..

Gotcha. Thanks for the information!

I played around with the 5 tone on a very trashy (I mean real trashy) site this afternoon and had a hard time distinguishing the chirps from good non ferrous. I was using a 5 tone program with the first tone adjusted to 1 and Iron Bias at 2. Recovery speed at 7. I changed the first tone to 5 and the Iron Bias to 2 and the chirping calmed down a bit. Also changed the recovery speed to 6 and the non ferrous sounded a little bit better. The good targets sound much more faint than the Deus. I may also need to decrease the sensitivity? But I did dig 5 old clad coins fairly deep in a spot that I pounded with both Deus HF coils, which was interesting. I'm looking forward to the potential finds once I get proficient with this machine!

I will let you know my experience with different settings.

Great videos.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread