Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab warranty is transferrable. You simply go on their website once you have the machine, enter the serial number, and then -- when it asks you where you purchased from -- you simply list "private seller." The warranty is initiated on the purchase date of the original owner, but transfers whatever amount of time remains into your name, when you register the unit.

Steve

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried wayne . He is who I buy from and his list is 25 ppl plus deep . A waiting list is BS .What the heck is up with minelab ? Did garrett have a waiting list or deus when they release a new detector ? Who releases a new detector that you can not buy ? Makes no sense to me . If you look really hard online you will find two dealers that are taking names to a list but ask for no money down . One was ten ppl long .

I have zero competition in my area so waiting is no big deal .It just snowed five inches . I will wait til I find one I can actually buy .

From what I read on the Minelab site they started shipping Australia, Europe and a few other places first. And as bad ass of a unit as it appears to be...... I'm sure they sold out fast.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments. I've seen the one's on feebay. Not interested in paying a big premium for the new one's (though I've seen them sell for more). The "used" one is interesting. Does ML honor the warranty for the second owner? I'd hate to pay $850 to $950 and find out the machine has issues.

OO

Yes, warranty is transferable, if original owner registers detector warranty starts from date it was registered, if not registered and owner does not have original receipt warranty starts 90 days after the packing date.

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tried wayne . He is who I buy from and his list is 25 ppl plus deep . A waiting list is BS .What the heck is up with minelab ? Did garrett have a waiting list or deus when they release a new detector ? Who releases a new detector that you can not buy ? Makes no sense to me . If you look really hard online you will find two dealers that are taking names to a list but ask for no money down . One was ten ppl long .

I have zero competition in my area so waiting is no big deal .It just snowed five inches . I will wait til I find one I can actually buy .

I agree. I've never owned a Minelab due to the ridiculous weight, but I've always wanted one due to their performance. However, the fact they weren't prepared to ship these and meet demand raises some red flags with me. I've heard the horror stories on repairs. Good Lord, if they're not ready to ship for sales, how much slower are they going to be on repairs after the bucks have been made? I was ready to buy one, but not sure now . . .

curious2

Sep 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. I've never owned a Minelab due to the ridiculous weight, but I've always wanted one due to their performance. However, the fact they weren't prepared to ship these and meet demand raises some red flags with me. I've heard the horror stories on repairs. Good Lord, if they're not ready to ship for sales, how much slower are they going to be on repairs after the bucks have been made? I was ready to buy one, but not sure now . . .

This may be the Minelab machine for you, then :occasion14: The Nox is light (I also have the Etrac, so I hear you when it comes to the weight of some ML machines). And, I suspect that the Nox has few repairable components in the traditional sense. Probably, "repair" of this detector will simply mean determining whether the failure involves the coil, the control head, or the battery, and replacing the item. Even Minelab should be able to get that done quickly.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like there is a newer repair center in the states now . If it is in Chicago ? / that is not to far from me . Beats sending it over seas . I do not think you will find a better deal going with all the features and price on the new equinox series . Can not wait for the six inch coil as the factory bigger coil separates better than any coil I have ever used .

With Minelab service centres in the U.S. (Chicago)

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new repair center is in PA, the turnaround time is very short now. I’ve sent customer units in and they are repaired in a few days.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On new releases they do product replacement on repairs.

There has never been a new Minelab detector release with this much demand.

OP
OP
O

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I finally pulled the trigger. I got in line for the Nox 800. The dealer said he should have it in "less than" 30 days. I guess I can live with that :)

OO

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I finally pulled the trigger. I got in line for the Nox 800. The dealer said he should have it in "less than" 30 days. I guess I can live with that :)

OO

Which dealer did you go through? I preordered mine through Kellyco on March 13, and I was told two days ago that I am number 311 on their waiting list and they have NO estimate from Minelab as to when they'll get another shipment!

OP
OP
O

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Equinox 800 will be here by tomorrow evening! Of course we have crappy weather. We've basically had no snow in NE Oklahoma all winter but we're potentially getting snow on the day I'm receiving the new detector...in April :BangHead: Then my daughter has a soccer tournament all weekend (in the bad weather). Somehow...I'll find a way to slip out and give the Nox its maiden voyage! I'm excited :headbang:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Equinox 800 will be here by tomorrow evening! Of course we have crappy weather. We've basically had no snow in NE Oklahoma all winter but we're potentially getting snow on the day I'm receiving the new detector...in April :BangHead: Then my daughter has a soccer tournament all weekend (in the bad weather). Somehow...I'll find a way to slip out and give the Nox its maiden voyage! I'm excited :headbang:

LOL, we've had some really crappy weather this spring! Today was absolutely beautiful, but I used 99% of it to get yard work started. Good luck with your NOX!

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which dealer did you go through? I preordered mine through Kellyco on March 13, and I was told two days ago that I am number 311 on their waiting list and they have NO estimate from Minelab as to when they'll get another shipment!

Cancel your kellyco order and go through a local dealer, even if local is a few hundred miles away. You’ll be waiting till the end of summer with Kellyco. I signed up with them Feb 1st, asked 8 weeks later about timelines and they said to contact then back the end of May!!! No thanks.

My local guy has 2-600s in stock and i signed up last week and was #4 on his 800 list. He expects them in the next 2-4 weeks. Unfortunately we still have 6” of snow on the ground and might get another inch or so tonight... I’ll try to be patient.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kellyco has been receiving weekly deliveries of the Equinox.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the 800 in late March, Kellco said about 8 weeks? OK, perhaps the 6" coil will be out by then, I have time. A side note; A friend received his 600 two days ago, we took it out yesterday first time out of the box, after 3 hours we took a brake and when he removed his headphones the left padded ear cuff broke off, (held on by 3 tabs, one was broken) called Kellyco, and their response was, "Here's the phone # to Minelab". Hmmmm..............

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered the 800 in late March, Kellco said about 8 weeks? OK, perhaps the 6" coil will be out by then, I have time. A side note; A friend received his 600 two days ago, we took it out yesterday first time out of the box, after 3 hours we took a brake and when he removed his headphones the left padded ear cuff broke off, (held on by 3 tabs, one was broken) called Kellyco, and their response was, "Here's the phone # to Minelab". Hmmmm..............

The sales guy I dealt with from Kellyco was great, very responsive and nice on the phone. However I have heard that is not always everyone’s experience with Kellyco.
Aren’t they suppose to be Minelab’s service center?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

On new product release repairs have to go through Minelab, Kellyco has no spare parts for the Equinoxes yet and no spare detectors because of the back log.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I ordered the 800 ten days ago through Kellyco. I knew in advance they already had a very long waiting list, and accepted that. In the meantime, I have other detectors to play with. I've been dealing with Kellyco since 1983 and have complete trust in them = GOOD people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread