Buying an Equinox 800

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm ready to take the plunge but of course the question is...where do I get in line. Obviously they are on back order. I don't have a local store. Every website I check says there is no estimate on the amount of time it will take to get the detector. Does anyone have a clue on how to find the shortest line, so to speak? I appreciate the assistance.

Owassokie

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait until many members purchased them and wait for their reports before buying one. Good hunting and good luck.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, no word on the 800, but I did go check just now and the 600 is back in stock at Cabela's. Must've just gotten them in today, as they didn't show up yesterday when I checked.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keith is jammed up too on the demand for the equinox. Next batch he mentioned was a couple months out.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's always fleaBay if ya gotta have it right away. I see a guy has one up that he decided he did not want and it is currently below retail. Oddly enough, he decided after only "1 hr. of total usage" it was not for him. How anyone could make an informed decision on a detector after only 1 hour is beyond me. I bet he will make money on it though.

OP
OP
O

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments. I've seen the one's on feebay. Not interested in paying a big premium for the new one's (though I've seen them sell for more). The "used" one is interesting. Does ML honor the warranty for the second owner? I'd hate to pay $850 to $950 and find out the machine has issues.

OO

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I really want something on feebay I will outbid anyone out there. Fortunately, that doesn't happen often and $50 premium, sure, several hundred, no way.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the comments. I've seen the one's on feebay. Not interested in paying a big premium for the new one's (though I've seen them sell for more). The "used" one is interesting. Does ML honor the warranty for the second owner? I'd hate to pay $850 to $950 and find out the machine has issues.

OO
From what I understand, you would have to have the original receipt.
Try Wayne at metaldetectingstuff.com. I received an 800 from them a few weeks after Minelab started shipping.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried wayne . He is who I buy from and his list is 25 ppl plus deep . A waiting list is BS .What the heck is up with minelab ? Did garrett have a waiting list or deus when they release a new detector ? Who releases a new detector that you can not buy ? Makes no sense to me . If you look really hard online you will find two dealers that are taking names to a list but ask for no money down . One was ten ppl long .

I have zero competition in my area so waiting is no big deal .It just snowed five inches . I will wait til I find one I can actually buy .

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered mine from Kellyco, and it is due at my home in early April. I just placed the order 3 weeks ago.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scored pm me for the dealers info .That sounds bad .lol . Scored a equinox 800 that is . No free shipping but no tax either .Cant wait .

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s awesome Merc! Glad you were able to locate a dealer who could help you with a new Equinox.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I'm ready to take the plunge but of course the question is...where do I get in line. Obviously they are on back order. I don't have a local store. Every website I check says there is no estimate on the amount of time it will take to get the detector. Does anyone have a clue on ho w to find the shortest line, so to speak? I appreciate the assistance.

Owassokie

Check Caballas every morning and night. They have no waiting list and are getting small batches in, first come first serve. I ordered from KellyCo in Jan, and Cabbalas on Feb 20, just after they ran out of stock. Received my Cabbalas order last week. Gave up on KellyCo and cancelled that order because they were telling me April or May, possibly June (!?). Not bashing KellyCo, I've bought other machines from them and have them first shot.

Last edited:

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nox 800

I ordered mine from Kellyco, and it is due at my home in early April. I just placed the order 3 weeks ago.

I ordered mine at about the same time with no commitment from them. please keep us posted

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ordered mine feb.19th from kellico and was told two weeks ago that it may be late May ..

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried wayne . He is who I buy from and his list is 25 ppl plus deep . A waiting list is BS .What the heck is up with minelab ? Did garrett have a waiting list or deus when they release a new detector ? Who releases a new detector that you can not buy ? Makes no sense to me . If you look really hard online you will find two dealers that are taking names to a list but ask for no money down . One was ten ppl long .

I have zero competition in my area so waiting is no big deal .It just snowed five inches . I will wait til I find one I can actually buy .

Although my list is 25+ deep, I still have 28 on my initial order that has not been fulfilled. Initial dealer orders will take priority over dealers second orders. My estimate is that my initial order will be fulfilled sometime next month. I'm quoting mid to late May now on new orders.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does Cabella's give the 15 percent military discount offered by minelab ? Is it on top of their 5 percent advertised military discount?!! I doubt they would let you combo those. Not impressed by their customer service, asked them by phone n email no answer yet. I m just wasting the season waiting away like the rest of us. But I m going to get that discount lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread