D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a 600 as a backup to my 800 and the 600 is every bit as capable as the 800

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe if you take the time to really hit the books on metal detector technology, it doesn't take long to become acclimated or proficient with any machine. The Equinox hasn't been out long, but from the time it hit my hands I knew exactly what to do with it. It took me a few outings to get all my preferred settings in place for my style of hunting. Once I did, I learned that this machine is what it claims to be. I fell in love with my V3i for many of the same reasons. I wanted a V3i for water. Couldn't get it from Whites, although strangely a Ukrainian tinkerer was able to do it, go figure. What I got though is a machine that has the ability of the V3i to go between multi and single, but tracks like an MXT, runs through iron like the Deus, runs hot like an F75, and as deep as anything out there for a ridiculously low price. My only complaints are the build quality. The lower lock collar, and the thin coil casing specifically. I can make it false if I put incidental downward pressure on the coil. A bit concerning, but otherwise, I agree. No better deal on the market for all it does.

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Multi Cruiser came out and...and what? Not enough reviews on it yet it seems.

Ironically the word Multi is used in its name. Maybe its all down to semantics....'simultaneous' is the word people want to read. The equinox can also search in individual frequencies yet from what I read here its the one aspect of the Equinox that isnt really used !! and its the only aspect offered by the multi kruzer.
So the multi kruzer is the half of the equinox that nobody uses...
Without wanting to sound cruel , it ( along with many other brands and models) needs to be dropped by at least $150 to be considered by someone like me as reasonable value.
As stated in another thread, cant wait for some new machines from FT. it would have to be one HECK of a detector to have people dump all these equinoxes.
Its the perceived value of the equinox that is so strong.

Bye the way when is 'hype' not hype any more? Does it just go away? ...or is it the foundation of an iconic machine?

Chub

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ask yourself "What would John - Edmonton do?" and you will have your answer...

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ask yourself "What would John - Edmonton do?" and you will have your answer...

Ask your Mother ...ask your Father....

John would say..... Ask Terry Soloman

Case closed

Chub

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's funny I don't care who you are!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EQUINOX is a performer! Best all rounder on the market made today imo.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just a few recommendations for people in the market for a new machine. Best advice is to try to test drive one. Not every machine is suitable for everyone. And the other thing to consider, after you've tried out a machine, is what is your time worth? Budgets are important. Most of us could wait another three months to get the more expensive machine if that is their machine of choice, get the funds then buy it. After all, if you get to a good site and you save money on what you have and don't have what you need, you lose out. My time is much more a criteria than the actual dollar cost of any machine.

Almost any machine that beeps will do ok on the easy sites, it's those other places that make our hair go grey.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
capable?! Hell nah, it's AWESOME. The price makes it the best detector on the market for the money.

Speed like DEUS
Depth like CTX
Waterproof better than CTX
Handles saltwater better than Excal.
Priced better than an AT-Pro.
More responsive to tiny gold than almost all other detectors.
Replaces 8 individual detectors.

How is that not the best thing since sliced bread?

Or a pocket sewn on a shirt?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White bread toasted with butter, not that fake margarine.:tongue3:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I
So the multi kruzer is the half of the equinox that nobody uses...
Without wanting to sound cruel , it ( along with many other brands and models) needs to be dropped by at least $150 to be considered by someone like me as reasonable value.
As stated in another thread, cant wait for some new machines from FT. it would have to be one HECK of a detector to have people dump all these equinoxes.

Chub

Yeah $750 reasonable for a single freq VLF with 3 freq options. Sorry to say, that ship has sailed for manufacturers thanks to the equinox.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Juries out here! 13 silvers in 3 hunts including my first SLQ, and this was out of an area that I covered with the ATP. The AT never even saw them. Complete confidence in my 600, that if it's there, I will find it.:icon_thumright:

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White bread toasted with butter, not that fake margarine.:tongue3:

stale white bread toasted with blue cheese and sardines on top....heck I'll slice it myself..nice and thick.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
☠ Cipher;5800272 said:
My only complaints are the build quality. The lower lock collar, and the thin coil casing specifically. I can make it false if I put incidental downward pressure on the coil. A bit concerning, but otherwise, I agree. No better deal on the market for all it does.

Thats interesting, I haven't had any problems of falsing from pressure being applied to the coil and I've caught myself doing it a few times when leaning down to recover a target. I think their QC must have been lax on these first units in order to get them out the door faster. I got a good one, but it seems more than a few have the "wobbly coil rod".

Ironically the word Multi is used in its name. Maybe its all down to semantics....'simultaneous' is the word people want to read. The equinox can also search in individual frequencies yet from what I read here its the one aspect of the Equinox that isnt really used !! and its the only aspect offered by the multi kruzer.

Chub

I don't think ML realized just how good the multi-IQ was going to be. I appears that the plan was to let users pick the best frequency or use multi for a general hunting scenario. Even the gold mode was originally supposed to be single freq but tester results proved the multi to be superior there too.

I think the next gen of the EQX will be multi-freq only.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't the manual suggest multi IQ for every setting LOL I think they knew.
I also think they just included single FREQ to shut certain people up by giving them that option hehehe.

Thats interesting, I haven't had any problems of falsing from pressure being applied to the coil and I've caught myself doing it a few times when leaning down to recover a target. I think their QC must have been lax on these first units in order to get them out the door faster. I got a good one, but it seems more than a few have the "wobbly coil rod".

I don't think ML realized just how good the multi-IQ was going to be. I appears that the plan was to let users pick the best frequency or use multi for a general hunting scenario. Even the gold mode was originally supposed to be single freq but tester results proved the multi to be superior there too.

I think the next gen of the EQX will be multi-freq only.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't the manual suggest multi IQ for every setting LOL I think they knew.
I also think they just included single FREQ to shut certain people up by giving them that option hehehe.

I think the fact that multi-gold mode was a last minute addition proves my theory. A manual can be re-written in a few hours to reflect changes. It's not like they had go out and re-print them all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread