digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Park 1 for large deep coins, park 2 for small coins dime and under.

From what I'm seeing with responses to a question on which mode to use, I think dectectorben stated it the best. Seems like the biggest difference in what mode we're using is probably soil type, moisture, etc.. Charles states "Park 1 for large deep coins, park 2 for small coins dime and under." I on the other hand have found both large and small coins at 10" to 12" using Park 1 religiously. I think the answer is you'll have to see what works best for you at your location. Good Luck!

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Park 1, did you run it default of 6 IB?, or did you reduce it, to say 0, as I thought I might try.
I actually ran it at default IB of 6. I usually run park 2 at IB of 2. I used speed of 6 or 7 changing on the fly depending in how much trash I was seeing. I am pretty confident that in my park conditions here park 1 is going to be best for silver coins. I do like using park 2 along sidewalk edges to be safe I dont miss coins on edge. I have found they are more likely to be on edge right next to the concrete.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I'm seeing with responses to a question on which mode to use, I think dectectorben stated it the best. Seems like the biggest difference in what mode we're using is probably soil type, moisture, etc.. Charles states "Park 1 for large deep coins, park 2 for small coins dime and under." I on the other hand have found both large and small coins at 10" to 12" using Park 1 religiously. I think the answer is you'll have to see what works best for you at your location. Good Luck!

Agree, I think with Multi IQ most modes are able to hit targets over a wide range of conductivities and sizes (e.g., just because you may be relic hunting in Field 2 for mid conductive targets like buttons, doesn't mean you won't detect a large silver coin, got my first seated quarter that way). So it comes down to site conditions both environmental (soil type and moisture) and manmade (amount of ferrous and/or non-ferrous trash) and the types of targets that are optimal for that search profile (suboptimal does not mean you won't hit those targets if they fall within the depth range and you get the coil over them). Finally, sometimes the environmental conditions and desired target type don't exactly line up. Most salt water hunters are looking to strike gold jewelry, unfortunately, the most stable search mode under those conditions is typically Beach 2, which is actually optimised for high conductors, not gold. But that does not keep people from finding gold in Beach 2, so there are always trade offs. Successful detectorists are knowledgeable about these tradeoffs and figure out ways to balance the competing factors, but mostly they just have really good permissions. ...someday I will be a successful detectorist...lol.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
someday I will be a successful detectorist...lol.

Someday?!?!?! PLEASE.... lol2.gif

"D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread