rook74

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2017
SE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro, Tesoro conquistador
Primary Interest:
Other
Received my 6" coil about 2 weeks ago. Took it out used it and I like the coil so far in tight places and super heavy iron. I turned on the nox 800 today to try out the wm08 module with earplugs to check out the sound quality etc.

Error code "Cd" popped up and the nox shut down a couple seconds later. Coil not detected ugh. checked connections, factory reset performed with same end result. Changed back to the 11" coil all is well with it and the control box. Reconnected the 6" and back to "Cd". I'm guessing a loose wire or weak solder connection.

Checked the coil cover everything was intact and clean.

Calling the service center tomorrow to try to get it sorted, returned and exchanged etc. Are the odds high that I'll be required to send the whole unit back or just the 6" coil giving me fits? Hopefully just the coil..

Btw the wm08 wireless module seemed to work fine with a pair of cheap RCA brand ear buds (fair sound quality and no discernible latency or clipping)

thanks

Last edited:

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will have you just send in the 6" coil by itself... and they should send you a ups shipping label... they have been pretty good about being quick with returns etc...

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please let us know how Minelab treats you concerning your issue.
Best of wishes.

OP
OP
R

rook74

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2017
SE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Called today, left a message and about 30 mins later my call was returned. Kindly received an RMA# and they emailed me a ups label to slap on the box to send the coil off.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad they were responsive. Let us know what the turnaround time is on the replacement.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Called today, left a message and about 30 mins later my call was returned. Kindly received an RMA# and they emailed me a ups label to slap on the box to send the coil off.

This is encouraging, especially the fact they sent you a label. 30 minutes is also better than waiting for 4-5 days like I did on another detector only to be required for a video and other things before they would talk further.
It's looking good for Minelab so far, hopefully they will continue to deliver for you. Please keep us in the loop.

OP
OP
R

rook74

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2017
SE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I sent the coil out Tuesday they received it at 12:21 today and I received a notification of ups shipment @ 4:30 pm with a delivery date of the 28th for the replacement. Thats pretty dang good imo :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
R

rook74

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2017
SE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Have been working the past few days but my coil showed up this past monday. Appears they tested to confirm a problem with mine and sent me a new one, works for me. Now if we'd just warm up to something a little more than 2 degrees lol.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have been working the past few days but my coil showed up this past monday. Appears they tested to confirm a problem with mine and sent me a new one, works for me. Now if we'd just warm up to something a little more than 2 degrees lol.

This is very good service. I'm glad you received the replacement. Have you hooked it up yet to test it?
Best of luck with the weather, feeling it here too.
We have some warm weather coming a few days next week but I work during the week so can't take advantage of it. Tonight it is going to get really cold here.
Happy Hunting!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh...I do like happy endings. I really like the small coil, and having a working one, I think you will feel the same. Good luck with it rook.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. And it's 3 degrees here now. I guess no detecting tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread