WM 08? How to use it?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By CoinHunterAZ
  • 1 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 1 Post By CoinHunterAZ
  • 1 Post By Deep1
  • 2 Post By Whyme
  • 2 Post By relicmeister
  • 1 Post By cudamark
  • 5 Post By vferrari
  • 2 Post By treasuresalvor
  • 2 Post By CoinHunterAZ

Thread: WM 08? How to use it?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2013
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Minelab Equinox 800
    1246 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

WM 08? How to use it?

What is the real purpose of this device? Is it redundant? How are you guys using yours?
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32679 times
    It is a way to connect a set of wired headphones with out being wired to the detector.

Keep in mind by design the Equinox always looks for the WM08 first to sink to via blue tooth so if your going to use your blue tooth headphones don't turn on the WM08. If you have your blue tooth head phones synced and then try to connect with the WM08 or have them turned on and it sinks up you will need to resync to the blue tooth headphones.
    A2coins likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Feb 2013
    Flagstaff, AZ
    1246 times
    That's kinda what I thought...Thanks for the info!
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Deep1

Dec 2018
    Carolina Lowcountry
    XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
    795 times
    Response time with WM08 is more than 2 times faster than ML80 headphones.
    17 ms vs 40 ms delay.
    A2coins likes this.
    If it's old, I'll dig it, dive on it, detect it or sometimes when I get lucky just bend over and pick it up.

"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result" Winston Churchill

The truth I do not stretch or shove
    When I state that the dog is full of love.
    I've also found, by actual test,
    A wet dog is the lovingest.
    Ogden Nash

us
    Aug 2007
    Western New York
    CTX-3030, Equinox 800
    5448 times
    I love using my Rattler headphone and the WM08 is the best way to use it! I like having one ear not covered so I can hear what's going on around me.
    A2coins and ripvanb like this.

WhyMe

CTX-3030, Equinox 800

us
    Jul 2012
    Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
    Fisher f75 Teknetics Omega 8000 (Coming soon) Minelab Equinox 800 Have owned Minela b Safari and X terra 705
    1183 times
    All -- esp.Colonial
    I wear mine around my neck with a short elastic lanyard. Plugged into that is a pair of koss side fire headphones ( ends like ear buds the cord is wound around till the connector is only long enough to plug into the wireless module ( 6Ē). With these on I hear the detector but also my surroundings and itís like Iím not wearing anything-you forget their on. I sometimes use bigger phones too
    RustyGold and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8688 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinHunterAZ View Post
    What is the real purpose of this device? Is it redundant? How are you guys using yours?
    I'm not. I used mine once just to verify it worked. I like the factory wireless headphones and use them exclusively.
    A2coins likes this.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Feb 2013
    Flagstaff, AZ
    1246 times
    I'm not using it either. Seems like kind of a waste of hard earned $$$. I guess I'm not really understanding why anyone would spend big bucks on a totally wireless capable detector, and then go tromping around with wires hanging off your head?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7387 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinHunterAZ View Post
    I'm not using it either. Seems like kind of a waste of hard earned $$$. I guess I'm not really understanding why anyone would spend big bucks on a totally wireless capable detector, and then go tromping around with wires hanging off your head?
    It's less about wires and more about not being tethered to the detector by the wire. Perhaps they like the quality and audio response of their wired phones but would like to not have to have them plugged into the control head of the detector which is a pain. The WM08 allows that. Having a couple of wires going your breast pocket or belt is lot better than having those wires hooked to your detector. Completely wireless is great unless you don't like the sound of stock wireless headphones or want to use something that is more water resistant in bad weather. I personally think the included BT phones are fine but detectorists are kind of picky about their equipment so ML have given them options. Why complain about that?
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    Mar 2011
    Earth
    A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
    301 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    It's less about wires and more about not being tethered to the detector by the wire. Perhaps they like the quality and audio response of their wired phones but would like to not have to have them plugged into the control head of the detector which is a pain. The WM08 allows that. Having a couple of wires going your breast pocket or belt is lot better than having those wires hooked to your detector. Completely wireless is great unless you don't like the sound of stock wireless headphones or want to use something that is more water resistant in bad weather. I personally think the included BT phones are fine but detectorists are kind of picky about their equipment so ML have given them options. Why complain about that?

Exactly.
    vferrari and A2coins like this.
    Never keep a paper dollar in your pocket till tomorrow

us
    Feb 2013
    Flagstaff, AZ
    1246 times
    Point well taken...I haven't even tried using it, so I guess I shouldn't complain about it. Just for grins, I may in the near future. For now I'm really enjoying being totally wireless.
    vferrari and A2coins like this.

Sponsored Links