NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try this...

1. Turn on headphones and keep button held down until the light flashes red and blue.

2. Turn on the 600, then press the button for the Bluetooth and hold it in until it pairs with the headset.

I don’t have Trond headphones, but they all mostly work the same. Check the online manual for pairing headphones,as it may have you do a different sequence.,

OP
OP
S

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try this...

1. Turn on headphones and keep button held down until the light flashes red and blue.

2. Turn on the 600, then press the button for the Bluetooth and hold it in until it pairs with the headset.

I don’t have Trond headphones, but they all mostly work the same. Check the online manual for pairing headphones,as it may have you do a different sequence.,

Joe, I think I tried everything except holding the Bluetooth button down, nowhere did it say to do that but I did and it worked!
thanks buddy.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For future reference, you actually don't need to hold the Equinox wireless button it until it pairs, but just long enough to put the Equinox in pairing mode (about 5 seconds, similar to the long press to get the headphones into paring mode). Unless the Equinox has not yet been used or has just been factory reset, a quick press of the wireless button just turns the radio on and off. You need to press for 5 seconds to go into pairing mode. If the headphones have been successfully paired, then they will subsequently automatically connect as long as the wireless radio on the Equinox is turned on. Glad it worked in any event.

From p. 56 of the manual:

3. Press the wireless button on the side of the EQUINOX control
panel for 5 seconds until the Wireless icon starts to flash rapidly.
For first-time use of the EQUINOX, or following a factory reset, a
short press of the Wireless button will immediately start the pairing
sequence.

4. The EQUINOX first attempts to pair with a WM 08 module for
15 seconds, indicated by the Wireless icon flashing on the LCD.
If a WM 08 is not found within this time, EQUINOX will then
attempt to pair with Bluetooth® headphones for 5 minutes, or
until pairing is complete. This is indicated by the Bluetooth®
icon flashing on the LCD.
The Pairing process can be interrupted at any time by pressing
the Wireless button.

5. If pairing is successful, the Bluetooth® and Wireless icons on the
LCD will remain steady on. The headphones will beep and the
Status LED will flash blue once every 3 seconds.
If the pairing is not successful within 5 minutes of being
initiated, the headphones will go into standby mode

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, I think I tried everything except holding the Bluetooth button down, nowhere did it say to do that but I did and it worked!
thanks buddy.

Awesome!

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
sandmartin - I have the same headphones and have used them several times, they work great. Once you get them paired they should connect automatically after that. FYI, if you connect them wired they don't have to be turned on to work.

OP
OP
S

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sandmartin - I have the same headphones and have used them several times, they work great. Once you get them paired they should connect automatically after that. FYI, if you connect them wired they don't have to be turned on to work.

Hi, yes they do connect automatically now, thanks. I am real pleased with the headphones too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread