Scorpius

Greenie
Jun 16, 2019
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2nd time out. Used park 1 setting. Didn’t dig too much trash. Dumped what I did nearby in the can. Went to the playground of a local elementary school.
$2.06 at this rate I’m making about .75 per hour lol.

Had fun with my older son and got practice in for the beach in few more weeks.
So what I learned today. Or think I learned.

Short really solid tones over my sweep seemed to indicate a worthy dig more often than not.

Small pinpoints likely a coin, long could be on its side at an angle. But still small

Longer chirpy tones or lots of multiple beeps appear to indicate aluminum gun wrappers etc

If I recall correcty

Pennies around 11-13 sometimes a 9/10

Nickels around 17/18

Quarters seemed to hit anywhere 28-30

Found a bullet case, too bad I don’t reload .40 cal. Recycle bin.

Little fake ring. Sigh

Cut heart zipper maybe my daughter can make something with it.

Going to old historical mill park tomorrow :-)

Oh and modern coins don’t hold up too well I see.

View attachment 1728030

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds about right. We will always dig more junk than good if we're doing it right. Gold hides.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!

Remember that sometimes it can be too dry to dig, especially in a lawn area, and you will leave awful marks in the grass.

Forrest’s and beaches and wood chip zones are always a good option on hot dry days.

Not making a massacre out of the grass can sometimes be overlooked by new treasure hunters!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I just received my Nox 600 last Thursday and went on a few hunts so far. My first time out was at at permission I know is chuck full of nails (really really bad) so it was kind of frustrating with a new machine. I only worth while targets I got were a couple wheaties and a insurance tag from 1897 I posted Friday afternoon in “ what is it”. I sat and read up on settings etc until I fell a sleep Friday night. Anyway, Saturday morning, I went to a school close to my house that I know I just about cleaned out or so I thought. In an area I search heavily because I found a 1893 IHP, the Nox was able to sniff out about 8-10 more clad coins my AT max and pro missed. I’m pretty impressed with the Nox so far, I’m looking forward how it does at the beach and at a war of 1812 permission I have in Vermont, the stuff is deep and the area is super rocky. Anyway, very happy with the machine so far and Keith from fort Bedford metal detecting gave me a great deal.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety of finds. Congrats. Not bad for only your second time out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread