Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think it's louder, Donut, but it does vibrate; I can't recall if the black one did, or not.

Steve

OP
OP
D

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
I don't think it's louder, Donut, but it does vibrate; I can't recall if the black one did, or not.

Steve
OK thanks Steve.
My hearing is getting older and I was thinking about the future and yes the older Garrett’s do vibrate. Mine is about 12 years old and still kickings.

Thanks Steve
Doug

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dose anyone know if the Garrett pro finder AT Carrot is any louder than the older Pro finder Black one.
I don't know if it's louder but you could also get the ZLynk system. Both the detector and the pointer sound in the wireless headphones. Much easier to hear and no cord to fight. It's a win win.

OP
OP
D

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
I don't know if it's louder but you could also get the ZLynk system. Both the detector and the pointer sound in the wireless headphones. Much easier to hear and no cord to fight. It's a win win.
Bayoutalker; I already have the Zlynk on my Xterra 70 and I don’t think the Zlynk pinpointer is comparable with the NOX and it’s Bluetooth and using Zlink I would have to use the zlynk transmitter and receiver and would have to be plugged into the NOX .

Doug

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bayoutalker; I already have the Zlynk on my Xterra 70 and I don’t think the Zlynk pinpointer is comparable with the NOX and it’s Bluetooth and using Zlink I would have to use the zlynk transmitter and receiver and would have to be plugged into the NOX .

Doug
You are right. I wasn't thinking about it being the Nox. Sorry. I can confirm it will not work with the bluetooth.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nicest thing about the carrot is you can run it silent and on just vibration. Works great and battery life will extend.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is just me, probably.... but with my hearing not as good as it once was, the Carrot does seem louder to me and vibrates harder than the older black one but that could be my older black one not being that great. in a nut shell, I love my Carrot more so than the black one. The wife sure does want a Carrot too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread