Park Question - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Park Question

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2012
    196 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    Most of my Indian head cents ring up 19, wheats will hit higher 24 to 26....
    Thanks, Toecutter! Maybe because your IHs are deeper and/or pre 1864?
    Yes Jason...I guess my soil is kind enough that I can go deeper in 5kHz than multi?
    "running a low frequency to look for silver among iron may not be the best idea"...agreed Iron Buzz...whenever I get near places where iron shows up I switch to multi...and switch to 3 response (nox 600). When running 5kHz I always use 2 response.
    Thanks, guys!

us
    Jan 2012
    196 times
    Relic Hunting
    San man, I'm still studying what you posted It takes me time...thanks!
    SanMan likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    West Coast
    AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
    552 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    Yes, but those would be air testing results. Important information, but not complete information. Next, you have to consider ground minerals which exist everywhere in some amount. I dont argue the results in the list you posted just the real-world application. The ground minerals can do 2 different things. It can become energized and return a signal which must be cancelled out (losing depth), or it can silently absorb the signal, and still reduce depth. SO, if your ground is extremely low in mineralization, I can see having an advantage with the lowest freq possible. For the majority who have more minerals to deal with, I dont think they would see an advantage, and probably a loss in depth.
    Ok, just hold on a minute.

That text, there at the top.

Ir reflects the work, testing, and evaluation, of "George Paine".

May as well call him "King George" for all what he has brought to fore.

Yes, but those would be air testing results
    The second paragraph clearly reads:
    "Through rigorous testing procedures and scientific analysis",..........
    I don't read that as "air testing".

You can be assured that the typical variables were part of the testing.

That top information in text was the information I said I would come back and post.
    That 2nd document, in hand writing, I had filed in the same place.

I'm not 100% sure who's handwriting it's in. I'll look at my notes and see what I can.

It's either, George Paine, Dave Johnson, Allen Cannon, someone like that.

Iron Buzzpost

I assume you are referring to Sanman's post, in which case, he is simply talking about which frequencies favor which metals. The way I understand it, at least, he isn't saying anything about depth, although he did not define what he means by "best"... deepest, loudest... what?
    I believe it could have been just straight up signal strength.
    (a good solid/loud signal at said distance)

However, there is a direct correlation between frequency and depth. Lower frequencies travel further, whether its the bass from that kid's trunk woofer in the car next to you at the stoplight, or a metal detector. High frequencies die out much quicker (shallower).
    100% correct

What Mr. Iron may, or may not know, is how "destructive" low frequency waves can be.

Like the "ventilator incident" in France.
    Or when soldiers "march" across a bridge, instead of "break up the step".

What concerns me most about those findings in his post is that iron and silver both ring up "best". That's fine in a place with low iron mineralization in the soil and few nails and other iron junk, but in other cases, running a low frequency to look for silver among iron may not be the best idea.
    Those two metals can be set apart by their "conductivity".
    There are a few good machines that do that real well.

Silver would stand out like a sore thumb.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    West Coast
    AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
    552 times
    Quote Originally Posted by charlives View Post
    San man, I'm still studying what you posted It takes me time...thanks!
    It's good "Basic" information.

It is from the development years of metal detector design and engineering.

Still holds true?

To some extent yes, very much so,.......
    But, with today's very advanced circuitry, a designer can do nearly anything.

us
    Oct 2009
    8274 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SanMan View Post
    Ok, just hold on a minute.

That text, there at the top.

Ir reflects the work, testing, and evaluation, of "George Paine".

May as well call him "King George" for all what he has brought to fore.

The second paragraph clearly reads:

I don't read that as "air testing".

You can be assured that the typical variables were part of the testing.

Perhaps you are right, as I dont know the exact source of the information posted, but it sounds like you dont either. We are both making assumptions. Since there is no information about the media the signal is passing through we can only guess. There is also no indication of detection distance for each scenario. Is it bad = 4" good = 8 and best = 12"?? Or is it bad = 9.45, good = 9.67 and best = 9.70?

The only thing we can truly KNOW is what has been long established fact; low freq is better for high conductors like silver, and high freq is better for log conductors like gold

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    West Coast
    552 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    Perhaps you are right, as I dont know the exact source of the information posted, but it sounds like you dont either. We are both making assumptions. Since there is no information about the media the signal is passing through we can only guess. There is also no indication of detection distance for each scenario. Is it bad = 4" good = 8 and best = 12"?? Or is it bad = 9.45, good = 9.67 and best = 9.70?

The only thing we can truly KNOW is what has been long established fact; low freq is better for high conductors like silver, and high freq is better for log conductors like gold

You quoted my text when I was referring to the first document,.....

Which is known to be from George Paine.

Then you jumped to the second document, who I still have to find out, or remember is from who.

That document has four grades, "Best + , Best , Better , and Good"

And the list reflects what we already know pretty much, just from experience.

I'll call Allen Cannon and ask him if he knows. And there are a couple of others that may know.

But, it's not from some guy who fell off the back of a vegetable wagon.

us
    Jan 2012
    196 times
    Relic Hunting
    Just found this VERY interesting video...visual representation of what I've experienced everyday in the field.

us
    Oct 2009
    8274 times
    Quote Originally Posted by charlives View Post
    Just found this VERY interesting video...visual representation of what I've experienced everyday in the field.
    Thats a very interesting video. I was surprised at just how much the noise cancel settings will shift the frequency. what I didnt see in the video was the multi reading for the different modes. Just because one mode has 7.7 as the most prominent freq, doesnt mean that the other modes are the same. In fact, ML has said they are all different. I am curious to see how they change. Supposedly the beach1 has the lowest weighted spread.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6833 times
    Shifting the frequency channel is the whole point of the noise cancel algorithm, the overall frequency profile remains relatively unchanged in regards to the most heavily weighted frequencies in the profile spectrum.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links