StinkinLincoln

Feb 20, 2018
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m bringing my 600 to England in March for 12 days of detecting. This is a paid tour and a once in a lifetime trip for me. I’ve been using my Equinox for a year and a half so I’m pretty familiar and comfortable with it. I’m hoping some of you folks have some helpful advice regarding settings or any other tips that you could share for hunting over there.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are going to hunt the same type of fields I did, I found Park 1 to work the best for all around detecting. I tried just about every other mode and combo, but, Park 1 seemed to be the most stable, get the best depth, and hit on both hammered and modern the best. There were 8 of us in the group and 6 were using the Nox in this way. I also ran 50 tones, iron bias F2 set at 9, recovery speed at 6 (which would be 3 on your 600), and sensitivity up as high as I could and still be stable.....usually 22 worked fine. We found over a dozen hammered silver, and 4 gold items (3 coins) were found, along with lots of milled silver, buttons, relics, etc. Hope you have a good trip. The last time I went over for a spring hunt, the weather was just awful. Make sure you bring a good rain suit and warm clothing!

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are going to hunt the same type of fields I did, I found Park 1 to work the best for all around detecting. I tried just about every other mode and combo, but, Park 1 seemed to be the most stable, get the best depth, and hit on both hammered and modern the best. There were 8 of us in the group and 6 were using the Nox in this way. I also ran 50 tones, iron bias F2 set at 9, recovery speed at 6 (which would be 3 on your 600), and sensitivity up as high as I could and still be stable.....usually 22 worked fine. We found over a dozen hammered silver, and 4 gold items (3 coins) were found, along with lots of milled silver, buttons, relics, etc. Hope you have a good trip. The last time I went over for a spring hunt, the weather was just awful. Make sure you bring a good rain suit and warm clothing!

Good advice, sounds like you had a pretty good trip over here, except for the weather!

OP
OP
S

StinkinLincoln

Feb 20, 2018
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the great advice!! I probably would have gone with Field 1 so I really appreciate the info! Hope I have better luck with the weather.

GhostLands

Greenie
Nov 29, 2019
Western Europe
Detector(s) used
I had:
Garrett 400
Whites Spectra V3i
Ctx3030
Deus 11 LF, 9hf and 13 x35
Golden Mask 1+ 15khz UK Edition
Makro Multi Kruzer
Nokta/Makro Anfibio
Currently using my trusty and best friend Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You only tweak your settings according to the areas you are hunting. Dont use other people's settings. Bury a small coin and tweak your Nox.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You only tweak your settings according to the areas you are hunting. Dont use other people's settings. Bury a small coin and tweak your Nox.

That's true, that's why I prefaced it by saying "if you are going to hunt the same type fields I did". It's always good to have some sort of starting point however.

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What company did you do your England trip thru?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chili night, sure went down well after a long day.
Does he still have the ball?
Oh yeah, still has both. I'm on the ball in a couple of places. I think he's about ready to get another one, as the first one is getting pretty full.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread