Wild Colonial Boy

Sep 7, 2013
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just started on a saltwater inlet this week

was doing the woods next to a colonial port inlet, it as its where europeans first landed and settled in my area

took a chance popped down to the shoreline its rocky, muddy, was a 1600's 1700's port, full of iron bolts junk etc.

changed from field 2 to Beach 1/2 in all metal. first time ever,

very impressed, first signal a musket ball, cant get over how clean the solid signals come through, very little iron interference even through lots around, using 8"coil digging tiny 3/8 brass washers amongst heavy iron and junk at 8"
amazing programing
comparing it to field 2 at colonial cellar . Beach is a joy to use, I read its heavily weighted with iron bias and recovery at 6
i experience no masking as far as i know, as the tiny brass screws etc were coming up amongst heavy iron slag and wood and bolts from portside walkways embedded in the mud.

the salt programing for minerals must be the the trick, wondering if anybody tried beach 1 at a iron invested celler hole in the woods?

also my ears are wide open for tips and tricks etc for good hunting with beech mode or any links to good previous posts etc.

and if i should play around with iron bias 2 settings also?

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have an 8" coil, I want it. Did you mean 6"?

I've used Beach 1 and 2 on "land" in mineralized iron laden sites. The reduced transmit power helps in mineralization and reduced sens helps in really thick iron to keep the coil from overloading though you will be a little limited in depth. But the point is trying to get the shallower keepers that have been masked to detectors with slower recovery speeds. I really have little problem with masking at the default F2 iron bias setting of 6 as long as I keep recovery speed around 6 or so.

OP
OP
Wild Colonial Boy

Wild Colonial Boy

Sep 7, 2013
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have an 8" coil, I want it. Did you mean 6"?

I've used Beach 1 and 2 on "land" in mineralized iron laden sites. The reduced transmit power helps in mineralization and reduced sens helps in really thick iron to keep the coil from overloading though you will be a little limited in depth. But the point is trying to get the shallower keepers that have been masked to detectors with slower recovery speeds. I really have little problem with masking at the default F2 iron bias setting of 6 as long as I keep recovery speed around 6 or so.

Thank You, I am definitely gonna take it as a test to a hunted out colonial cellar to see what happens, My mistake I actually was talking about my 11" to my surprise also this larger coil, maybe because of water logged mud and sand, it conducts deeper, it actually felt like when I first ran my 6" coil at 6/7 recovery speed at cellar hole without the massive iron orchestra in the background. but I am definitely going to put on the 6" as there are many good sounding targets (brass, copper boat screws washers etc) i need the separating of the 6"

I know I am being charmed by the amount of solid sounding targets which are mostly for the scrap bucket, but all I want is one.... Pine tree coin amongst the copper and brass:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't we all want that. Hope you pull one.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be afraid to experiment in the area you're hunting. Go back over the same area you've already hunted but try a faster or slower recovery speed as well as change the iron bias from one end of the scale to the other. Sometimes one change can be all the difference in the world for a better signal on a particular target under certain conditions.

OP
OP
Wild Colonial Boy

Wild Colonial Boy

Sep 7, 2013
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be afraid to experiment in the area you're hunting. Go back over the same area you've already hunted but try a faster or slower recovery speed as well as change the iron bias from one end of the scale to the other. Sometimes one change can be all the difference in the world for a better signal on a particular target under certain conditions.

thank you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread