Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the update and got out a bit last night to try out the new frequency. I was able to crank the sensitivity all the way up and didn’t experience any chatter. However, I seemed to be getting a lot of falsing hollow high-tones. I would check targets again in multi and found drastically different responses. In 4ghz Nickels and some mid-tone targets would ring up with a high tone and a number in the range of dimes. Most targets seemed to tone in and display numbers higher than normal. All in all it was pretty confusing.

Any advice or techniques would be appreciated!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm assuming you mean the new 4 khz, and not 4ghz, unless you got a new download the rest of us haven't seen yet! :laughing7: The TID upward shift using 4khz seems to be "normal" from the feedback I've seen. Most people are using it to analyze a target rather than hunting in that mode.

OP
OP
Squirrel322

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes 4 kHz, my bad.

Thanks, I am definitely interested in how people are using it. I also can’t help but feel like maybe I need to FP or reinstall.

Having to re-check every iffy signal seems pretty cumbersome in a park setting.

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I get a faint or deep high tone in multi I’ll switch to 4 kHz, it’s helped me get a better pinpoint and yes, I’ve located 2 deep silver dimes so far that way, good luck.

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I get a faint or deep high tone in multi I’ll switch to 4 kHz, it’s helped me get a better pinpoint and yes, I’ve located 2 deep silver dimes so far that way, good luck.
This is exactly what I do. I generally hunt in all metal mode multi frequency and if I get a very faint or quick high tone I will stop and investigate in 4khz. I have found some very deep silver in areas I hunted previously and that many others missed.

Here is one video with live digs using 4khz. I have others as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions