What kind of foods do you think would be good for survival?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
jimb said:
Yes they happen every day.
If everyone is that aware of planes dumping medical waste into the sky every day, why hasn't anything been done about it? Why is it still occurring? And what's the reason for dumping blood into the sky? :icon_scratch:

Honestly, if this were true, the environmental groups would be going nuts, and I haven't heard a peep from them....

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is one more. I would sugest if you are interested to just do a sehttp://www.carnicom.com/bio1.htmarch and check for yourself.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
They do say more than once that these samples were not collected from the contrails, but from the soil. It's an assumption that these came from a contrail, not a fact. Also, I missed where they found these exact same samples over an area that covered many square miles?? This would happen if it were being sprayed from a plane, right?

Did they say anywhere in the site why this would be taking place? I didn't see anything that talked about this. There seems to be no real reason why this would be done by anyone? I mean, I live in New Mexico, and I can't tell that I've been affected by anything....

And, again, I'd really love to see a reputable publication that agrees with these theories.

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People have seen planes spraying low over their farms and gue falling from the spray. When they touched the mess they got so sick that they could not make it back into the house, collapsing on the front porch. Spraying is done for different reasons. To reflect the heat from the sun, to operate with H A R P. and who knows what. Perhaps they are terraforming the Earth.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
All good ideas!

I've been reading about gloom and doom food, here and there, recently.

We are full time consumers, so don't really have any extra to spend on something that will sit on a shelf.

We buy it, it gets consumed!

I can pass on one bit of advice I haven't seen yet...

With the exception of the Spam, all the staple items, wheat, rice, various legumes and such are all pretty bland.

One blog advised stocking up on spices.

It could make survival a bit more palatable!

rmptr

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rmptr, That is A good idea but spices have a short shelf life. If you want to go big time you can get dehydrated food that lasts for 25 years.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
There is ONLY ONE thing that is needed PERIOD !!!!!!

rpbcup.jpg

PLL

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
I know it's not FOOD ...

A nice bottle of brandy ... Rum Etc...

I would include it in my arsenal ...

~ Nick ~
HA HA HA! Good choice.In my arsenal I will include my loaded pistool......
What ever you are having,we are going to share,Senior ;D ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rmptr said:
All good ideas!

I've been reading about gloom and doom food, here and there, recently.

We are full time consumers, so don't really have any extra to spend on something that will sit on a shelf.

We buy it, it gets consumed!

I can pass on one bit of advice I haven't seen yet...

With the exception of the Spam, all the staple items, wheat, rice, various legumes and such are all pretty bland.

One blog advised stocking up on spices.

It could make survival a bit more palatable!

rmptr
Tabasco_sauce.jpg

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Get a good Foodsaver system to further extend the life of foodstuffs. Find the old jerky recipes(lots of salt and no chemical preservatives).

Tom Brown from New Jersey has a number of great books that cover all aspects of survival and primitive living skills. You need to go all the way back to our primitive ancestors time and learn the basic living skills. This will make you the master of your own destiny and you will not be apprehensive or fearful of all things natural. Your fellow man will then be your only true enemy, if indeed it should ever come to the point where society has digressed to that level.

Good luck! Oh yeah! You'd best be clinging to your guns and religion......If'n ya know what I mean.

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great posts! Nick I am all for that! Even though I don't drink that would help others ease the pain! Being a chocoholic I really love the candy Idea!

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Slab bacon, beans, coffee, onions , taters, corn meal, flour and look for greens, berries and nuts in the woods if you gottem, honey or syrup if you want sweets.
If you want sour dough bread get a recipe. Take some hooks if you got fish and a line. If you want meat take a 22 for game and its light. A single shot is my favorite because you only get one shot. It is good for rabbits, squirrels and birds and all birds are good to fair. Now the best coffee can be made with river water, use a gallon can,
with about half full of water, put in the amount of coffee you want and put it on the fire. The coffee will float till it boils when it rolls over take it off the fire. pour in about two tbsp of cold water and the grounds will settle to the bottom and that will be the best coffee you ever had. The garlic and olive oil serves for lots of purposes.
Canned corn beef if you like it and a stick of pepperoni. Check the shelf for other canned meat if you like it. Cans get heavy. I used a dutch oven, 12 inch cast iron skillet and a boiling pot(4qt) I didn't survive, or camped, I called it living. Gnewt

PS. This was for living outside and you would have to build a shelter. If it is in a home, stock up, weight will not matter, if it keeps get it. Remember if you don't use it you can trade. Especially beer, wine, booze, and cigarettes for trading, take gold.
If possible start a herd with six or 8 hens and a rooster. A billy and two nannys if you have grass and weeds. You need seed also. A few lamps and oil and a kerosene lantern.
I have lived this life in the 30's and early 40's as an ant and not the grass hopper.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Wine is good. Has nutritional value.

Beer gets old. But there's a sammich in every can!

Vodka just strips everything out of your system... NOT good!

Whiskey always good for barter.

rmptr

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Porridge Oats, dried fruits, water purifying tablets, corned beef or any meat that wil last a few years in a can, beef jerky, dried and processed vegetables like peas or beans, milk powder and or condensed milk, and any alchohol with a high percentage (For medicinal purposes). Plus boiled sweets, and sugar in an airtight container. ;D

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray, sounds like you know your stuff! Are you A survivalist? Now adays we all have to be survivalist!

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Nah, ex. British Military. Although I ensure I have enough to survive for at least three weeks alway´s in the house, and keep really basic weapons that are easy to fix, such as cross Bows, Long Bows, and Machettes also.
For cooking, keep a couple of small gas fires, but also hexamine stoves (Ex. Army), and a good flint with some dry tinder safely stocked away. Ex. Army mess tin set is also ideal, as are those knife/fork/spoon/and corkscrew combination knifes.
If you want a rifle, go for an AR 7, as it floats, and is 22 LR semi auto.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
You can buy any grain at a farmers co-op. Corn,beans,oats,barley,wheat,etc. You can buy this in
bulk or by the pound. Easy storage. Lasts forever. Reasonably priced. All you will need is a hand
grinder to process it when you need it. I would also store a water purifier, permanent matches,salt,pepper,vinegar,olive oil,soap,paper towels,pot,skillet,fork,spoon,knife. Also some canned or dried meat. You would only have to put all this in one bucket. Food only in the rests.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
You can also store in baggies, the lint from your dryer....the lint is great to help start fires. We use it when we go camping.

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Good posts there Gnewt, MeinWv, & Rayredditch. Seem Survival tactics would differ from area to area. If you live in a city or town you could stock up on all things like folks did in the 50's for fall-out shelter living. In the country or back country it's different. You do what you have to and most important are Water and Fire. The Meat (protein) and vegtable matter (starch and Carbs) come from nature. Finicky and oh Gross disappears. every thing from bugs, mice, birds, minnows, dogs, cats, rabbits, up to Moose and cattle. Don't shoot your neighbors, Share and barter, form colonies. You all have something in common...survival. Saw a bumpersticker the other day that read "I'm an Amimal Lover..They're made out on Meat." The Nitty-Gritty- Not the pretty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread