Worst gift you ever got.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Ok so the holidays are here and I have been thinking back to all the gifts I have gotten in my life that haven't been quite up to snuff.

I am in a secret pal exchange at work and it goes the whole year through. So far this year I have recieved a USED Darth Mal Coffee mug that had every point on top of his head chipped, and a "poster" 8X10 that was used as a promotion for the Phantom Menace at a local theatre. The thing had been folded in half and was in bad shape.

So what are some of your worst gifts you have received?

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anything from my brother-in-law

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
A refillable lighter that when opened, screamed "GIT R DONE" in a voice that was close but not
quite Larry`s. The son who bought this was the very same who bought me a " git r done" t-shirt.

He will understand the error of this gift on the day they read my will...on that day he gets the lighter back. ;D

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing from no one. My family, large as it may be are not close to each other. My mother even told me this year, no christmas. So I'll be working right through the holidays as I normally do. I'll leave next week on a road trip and won't return until next year. :(

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a pack of colors at my first grade class party, 31 yrs ago remember it like it was yesterday, when all the other boys got trucks and stuff. That sucked.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Isn't it ironic that the worst gifts I ever got for CHRISTmas were when I was a young'un? Underwear and socks. Now that I am much older and wiser, no one thinks about getting you these nice things anymore.........NGE

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Come on people there is still plenty of time left until Christmas. Tell us what the worst gift you got was.

I remember one year my grandmother gave me six little boxes of raisins and some mixed nuts in the shells. I don't like raisins but I didn't say anything.

One year I also went to a company party with my parents and they had "boy" toys and "girl" toys wrapped up in a generic pile to hand out to the kids there. I got my package and sat down to open it and I got a knock-off barbie doll. I was only like 6 and I was NOT happy. My sisters liked it though.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was nine years old and my great Uncle who was getting up in age gave my Dad a rabbit cage and I got four big carrots. No rabbit I guess we were suppose to catch one. When my great Uncle passed away we use to tell that story every Christmas.

My mother gave me a pair of knitted socks that were not finished. She took them back and I never saw them again.

Burdie

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the worst gift I have ever gotten..i just got again today!!!!!!!
for some reason...EVERY FREAKIN HOLIDAY for the last three years my older
sister gives me a picture of my nephew!!! i guess she feels that since she loves
him so much we all need to... with the age of digital camera's and DVD recorders...
why would i ever want his picture as a freakin gift...

its Christmas...and it should be the thought that counts..but honestly...I would rather have used toilet paper than another
picture of that kid!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This is gonna be the worst CHRISTmas gift of all. Just got a phone call that my favorite nephew's lungs are shutting down on him, he has MD, they rushed him to a hospital somewhere 2 hours from Colorado Springs, and he is now on a ventilator, he is only 27 years old. Sure wish I could be there with him, when he was younger and living close to me, I used to take him fishing and dirt fishing. Sure gonna miss him :(........NGE

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
This is gonna be the worst CHRISTmas gift of all. Just got a phone call that my favorite nephew's lungs are shutting down on him, he has MD, they rushed him to a hospital somewhere 2 hours from Colorado Springs, and he is now on a ventilator, he is only 27 years old. Sure wish I could be there with him, when he was younger and living close to me, I used to take him fishing and dirt fishing. Sure gonna miss him :(........NGE

:'( :'(

Attachments

• inmyprayersdovecross.jpg
    inmyprayersdovecross.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 316
  • inmyprayersdovecross.jpg
    inmyprayersdovecross.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 315

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I know it was a little off topic, but I just got off the phone and this was sitting in front of me on my screen.. Thanks Cyndi

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
I know it was a little off topic, but I just got off the phone and this was sitting in front of me on my screen.. Thanks Cyndi

I can understand that, off topic or not, we are here for ya!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayers from here too!

christprayrstxtdove.gif

And my worse gift was a sweater once.

MY FAVORITE GIFTS ARE PICTURES OF PEOPLE I LOVE!

You never know when they will be gone and there will be nomore pictures!

Attachments

• christprayrstxtdove.gif
    christprayrstxtdove.gif
    47 KB · Views: 308

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread