my dead buddy must be happy

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you dont believe this story i dont blame you. Stopped in the old bar today to use the restroom and saw some folks i knew when i drank ::) I saw this one woman and asked her where is Ronnie? She looked at me funny and said he died 3 years ago from the booze. :o Man i felt like an idiot but i dont go into bars anymore and didnt know. She told me that Buffalo and Chief ( a couple of old bikers ) gave him a dead guy party at the bar and i missed it. :-\ She also told me she cremated him because thats all she could afford. This dude was a Vietnam vet with honors but died homeless because his family screwed him. It was time to go so i told her goodbye and as i walked away she told me to say goodbye to Ron :icon_scratch: What? She took me outside and pointed to the sidewalk. She said you know how much he loved this bar. Ah yea. ??? Remember 2 months ago when they put a handicap ramp at the door and tore up the concrete? YEA!!! Well i buried rons ashes in the dirt and he is under the sidewalk. HOLY Sh.T your kidding right. She told me she did it so he can still see all his friends. Man i had to share this its poetic :thumbsup:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Elf said:
Don't dwell on the other guy Frank...

Hopefully you are always looking forward to tomorrow! :icon_sunny:
ah but ron will come back as a crow like he said he would :icon_scratch:

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe it aa.
I could tell you many stories about family and friends who are gone from the use of alcohol.Some are very gruesome so I wont.

P

pippinwhitepaws

ah...great story...i'd start hanging out at the bar around sundown..have an ice tea...throw that bird half a bagel...
:icon_salut:

' better to burn out...than to fade away...'

T

trish76642

wow...bet he is smile'n...especially if any of the woman are wearing skirts when they walk in the door.

sorry aa, couldnt resist...... Thats wild dude.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
aa,
know what you mean about going into the
joints, legion halls, and the like, where you hung
when you were doing serious drinking. Things
don't really change that much.

well..............
except for the fact he is dead..................

I'm sure he is happy where he is at. :icon_scratch:

have a good un........
SHERMANVILLE

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It is the memory we leave behind that is important.

Why I drink.gif

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~Trish~ said:
wow...bet he is smile'n...especially if any of the woman are wearing skirts when they walk in the door.

thanks i didnt want to say it about the skirts. didnt want anyone to think i am a perv :-X

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i know what you mean....used to hit the bars pretty hard myself....seems like everytime i visit i lost another friend
wish my wife would do something cool like that for me....she told me she was going to burn me up in the fire pit and put me in a plastic bag to be put out with the rest of the trash.......
God i love that woman ;D

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~Trish~ said:

youre so funny trish :sign10:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonesomebob said:
While working in a cemetary ,I buried 1/2 of a doctor. his family fought over the remains,setteled it that way.
sounds like a half a$$ funeral :D

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
i know what you mean....used to hit the bars pretty hard myself....seems like everytime i visit i lost another friend
wish my wife would do something cool like that for me....she told me she was going to burn me up in the fire pit and put me in a plastic bag to be put out with the rest of the trash.......
God i love that woman ;D
you married to my wife?

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
sounds like a half a$$ funeral
;D
beats being buried with your butt sticking out and used as a bike rack ;D
yup very true. maybe i can take a pic of da bar 8)

T

trish76642

aa battery said:
~Trish~ said:

thanks i didnt want to say it about the skirts. didnt want anyone to think i am a perv :-X
hey...it is what it is......i knew thats what you were think'n so i said it for you :thumbsup:
lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread