What Do You Make?

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Im so amazed at the level of talent you guys posses...........just incredible stuff!
I fabricate diggin tools when I can, this one i made fer my girlfriend. She wanted a small blade on it & she has used it quite a bit as you can see. I also like to modify computers, ive posted pics of my current one but here it is again. I cut the skull with a dremil, made a bunch of LED arrays & hot glued em all around the inside of the case. Attached a piece of glass to inside (plexi glass attracts dust) & frosted parts of the glass for effect.

Attachments

• PCskull.jpg
    PCskull.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 996
  • dee\'s diggin tool.jpg
    dee\'s diggin tool.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,025
  • my pc.jpg
    my pc.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,058
  • PCskull.jpg
    PCskull.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 998
OP
OP
Luck Be a Lady

Luck Be a Lady

Dec 21, 2007
Arizona & Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 & ACE 250
karenray08 said:
Hello, Luck Be A Lady,
Wow, there is some good craftsmanship on the items posted here. You mentioned you like Hickory. We do too. That is why our kitchen cupboards are hickory. There is such nice contrasts in the grain.

Here is my latest project. Made from oak. Used as is for fake flowers, or put a glass in it for water and display real flowers. I make layered animals, planters for decks, and a few other things.

Ray

That is quite a beauty....I would love to have some pieces to decorate with, but living in an RV with 2 St. Bernards and a cat....not much room! LOL

OP
OP
Luck Be a Lady

Luck Be a Lady

Dec 21, 2007
Arizona & Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Mighty AP said:
Im so amazed at the level of talent you guys posses...........just incredible stuff!
I fabricate diggin tools when I can, this one i made fer my girlfriend. She wanted a small blade on it & she has used it quite a bit as you can see. I also like to modify computers, ive posted pics of my current one but here it is again. I cut the skull with a dremil, made a bunch of LED arrays & hot glued em all around the inside of the case. Attached a piece of glass to inside (plexi glass attracts dust) & frosted parts of the glass for effect.

Hey AP, that is so cool! I could use a handy shovel like that. The work you do on the PC's is really wild, what can ya do for a laptop? Just kidding. :icon_jokercolor:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and I have done some remodeling, if that counts. This is a kitchen we redone. We put in all new plumbing, oak cabinets, electrical (all new switches and wires all the way to the electric box, 110 and 220), insulation, drywall, flooring, window and appliances. Did the texturing and painting also. Since the pics a stainless stove and fridge have been installed, another cabinet over the fridge and the new drawer and door handles have been installed. The only thing we hired out was installing the granite countertops. We have our limits. ;D We had fun though
PS........I'm the proud owner of a MightyAP Diggin' tool also!!!

Attachments

• newkit4.JPG
    newkit4.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,018
  • kit5.JPG
    kit5.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,020
  • sink2.JPG
    sink2.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,016

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paint and sketch also but don't have many pics of my work. Here are a few
The guy with the dog I painted while aboard an aircraft carrier in the Tonkin Gulf when I was 18.

Attachments

• hermit1.JPG
    hermit1.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 984
  • coyote1.jpg
    coyote1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 989
  • rose.JPG
    rose.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,000
  • hermit1.JPG
    hermit1.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 993
  • coyote1.jpg
    coyote1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 984
  • rose.JPG
    rose.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,006

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, I do some woodwork also. I designed and built this shelf for what it's worth..

Attachments

• shelf.JPG
    shelf.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 985
  • shelf.JPG
    shelf.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 990

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more. This is a 4-foot by 5-foot mural that was started some years back. I was teaching my partner at work how to paint a little but haven't worked on it for a while. It is just a base coat of paint on the bufalo; it has to have all of the fur painted and he will be standing in wild oatgrass when it is done. Gotta finish it someday.
Carolina Digs paints some great stuff and has posted here.

Attachments

• buf1.jpg
    buf1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 974

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Damn Packer, all that talent.........are you married? I can hook you up with my sister as long as you aint freaked out by prosthetics. Oh, she does have one eye that kinda looks off in another direction but she's a real nice girl! ;D

I hope she dont see this..........she will KILL me!!! :D

But seriously......those are real good! Im most impressed by your abilities, keep it up & keep posting pics of your art/woodworking.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Packer, you are quite an amberdexterous guy there. Mechanic, carpenter, and painter, Those awesome paintings show some
talent in that department, too.

Ray

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Luck Be a Lady said:
Diggemall said:
I make stuff like this:

Used to do it as a hobby, now I do it for a living. (It was more fun as a hobby :) )

You are VERY talented, I bet you sell your pieces as soon as they're finished!

Thank You

Actually, most everything is built-to-order......... (sold before it is built)

Diggem'

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luck Be a Lady said:
Gater-Flea said:
I posted these last week, but here they are again.

Neat utensils! What kind of wood are they made of?
Those are had from poplar, the 2 white pcs. are made from new wood, and the dark one is made from wood I salvaged from an old building that was build in1886. Thanks..........

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I've posted a few of my mosaic creations before. I use pottery pieces I find when out MD'ing...this mosaic form is called pique assiette which translated means "stolen from the plate"

Attachments

• cross.jpg
    cross.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 929
  • Au Sun.jpg
    Au Sun.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 923
OP
OP
Luck Be a Lady

Luck Be a Lady

Dec 21, 2007
Arizona & Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
packerbacker said:
My son and I have done some remodeling, if that counts. This is a kitchen we redone. We put in all new plumbing, oak cabinets, electrical (all new switches and wires all the way to the electric box, 110 and 220), insulation, drywall, flooring, window and appliances. Did the texturing and painting also. Since the pics a stainless stove and fridge have been installed, another cabinet over the fridge and the new drawer and door handles have been installed. The only thing we hired out was installing the granite countertops. We have our limits. ;D We had fun though
PS........I'm the proud owner of a MightyAP Diggin' tool also!!!

Packer, I can really appreciate your kitchen project! seger98(Chris) and I have built 2 houses from scratch and remodelled 2 others all on our own. Great job!

OP
OP
Luck Be a Lady

Luck Be a Lady

Dec 21, 2007
Arizona & Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
packerbacker said:
One more. This is a 4-foot by 5-foot mural that was started some years back. I was teaching my partner at work how to paint a little but haven't worked on it for a while. It is just a base coat of paint on the bufalo; it has to have all of the fur painted and he will be standing in wild oatgrass when it is done. Gotta finish it someday.
Carolina Digs paints some great stuff and has posted here.

Wow, that artwork is VERY nice, and your shelf looks very nice with all of your collectibles on it!

OP
OP
Luck Be a Lady

Luck Be a Lady

Dec 21, 2007
Arizona & Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
vibes said:
I've posted a few of my mosaic creations before. I use pottery pieces I find when out MD'ing...this mosaic form is called pique assiette which translated means "stolen from the plate"

Those are some very unique and beautiful pieces, thanks for posting them.

Come on guys, keep it going! Post more pictures...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread