Did Politics and Religion get turned off again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
prospector40 said:
NOPE.......Its only a problem when people want it to be. Politics can be and many times are involved in every forum on TNET. If politics is gonna be wiped out, its gonna take more than just one mod. Think about it, there are threads about limits on MDing in parks, threads about what an MDer can take, dig up, move from one place to the other let alone across state lines, threads about military, threads about octo-mom, threads about "the wicked witch of the west" and so on. All of them involve politics in one way or the other. Some mods dont say anything about it, some do. Is politics really a problem? Can it be controlled? I doubt it. I doubt it, but thats my opionion.

Being a Treasure Hunting Site,
Which is what I Signed up for here.
Politics of Treasure Hunting are OK With me.

I Blocked P & R From the beginning.
Only went in on Reports to Moderator.
I Also Ignore other off topic Subjects as much as Possable
and still Do my Best here.

Believe it or Not when EVERYTHING ELSE Was created
it was supposed to be Everything related to treasure Hunting
that there was not a Topic for.
Since then It has taken a New Life.
and General Discussion sort of took it's place.

I Am not trying to be a Bad Guy but Seriously,
When Members spew Hatred Things need to be Controled.
When Control is Lost either Posts or Members need to
be Ended. I Prefer ending a subject
to ending a Membership.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Politics and Religion are alive and well under the World News & Events topic ;D
That place always makes my blood pressure rise so I can only take it in small doses.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodyguy said:
That place always makes my blood pressure rise so I can only take it in small doses.

Absolutely :wink:

on all counts.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Likely Guy said:
There are a few who post in the 'World News & Events' that so far as I've seen exist on those threads only with no mention of treasure hunting or collecting. They use this forum as their own political soap box.

Yep I'm sure.

But as long as they behave enough that Nobody
Calls me in I'm Happy :D

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodyguy said:

Yep. Which is why I have that thread blocked too. Absolutely true.

K

Kentucky Kache

What I would LOVE to know is, if so many of you have all these "evil" topics blocked, why it is such a big deal to you.

S

seger98

BuckleBoy said:
Goodyguy said:

Yep. Which is why I have that thread blocked too. Absolutely true.

Actually I have half of treasure net blocked! Even had everything else block for a while but the wife keeps posting things in it so I have to have it unblocked!

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
I am going to read what I want, post what I think worthwhile, and go on about my way detecting,when and where i can. the rest of you all can do the same ,if you want. Bob

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cache Crazy said:
What I would LOVE to know is, if so many of you have all these "evil" topics blocked, why it is such a big deal to you.

Are they evil? I also have ALMOST everything blocked... just because its WAYYY to much to even think about reading! I
just dont have the time for that.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
K*E*L*L*Y said:
Cache Crazy said:

Are they evil? I also have ALMOST everything blocked... just because its WAYYY to much to even think about reading! I
just dont have the time for that.

yeap politicians are evil and need to go time for the new breed of folks to go up there and show them how to represent the people and not themselves.

S

Smee

prospector40 said:
hey bob, i like the way you think. it appears now one may have to post what other poeple think, and then go on detecting. Maybe this is TNETs version of the fairness doctrine?
:thumbsup:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have any subject blocked but I just don't visit those forums that cause me to get upset. If you don't like 'em don't read 'em. I do have a few people blocked and only because everything I post one more of them have followed me all over the board debunking every comment I make. If they don't exist to me I don't have to put up with their BS. I sometime get caught in the politics or religion board by reading my "unread posts". And I still get po'd sometimes at the sheer ignor ance (misspelled on purpose so the censor won't delete it) of some people. And igno rance isn't a bad word, it reflects a lack of knowledge. Now stu pidity is a bad word but I see some of that too! And purposely fooling the censor software is also a violation of the forum rules, but how the heck are you supposed to express certain ideas without those words even though they are not being use maliciously? Oh, sorry, I am getting this confused with the rants board! M ::) nty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John Wayne said something along those lines, but I don't recall how it went. Monty

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Monty said:
John Wayne said something along those lines, but I don't recall how it went. Monty

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne

“Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” - John Wayne

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont have anything blocked I just dont go there I read some things and I didnt agree and instead of saying something stupid or hurtful to people I like or dont even know I just didnt go there!
I have had only a couple of people be hateful to me and it was taken care of so I have confidance if Jeff misses someting just tell him and it will be taken care of if it needs to be. I am only worried about his having to keep up with the stuff spilling over on to the other threads. He is going to have alot to keep up with. Plus trying to do his own enjoyment reading! Just my 2 cents for what its worth to any one who cares or doesn't about my opinion (Charter or Not) I miss the member list!!! And I did clean out some of my mail box today!

JamesE

Everybody keep repeating to yourself.
"We will all be happier when we all agree with me!". ::)
My life revolves around treasure hunting, I will have no other thoughts.
I will not post humor as it is not related to treasure hunting and takes server space.
I will not post info on laws restricting a hobby as some one will certainly be tempted to disagree with the status quo and the righteousness of our exalted legislators.
I will ask God and Jesus and Mohammed to smite those that would disagree with me and it will surely lead to a perfect world.
Ignorance is bliss, war is peace. I will know what's right when I'm told what's right by gov't, media, and televangelists.
I have every right to attack those who disagree with me, It's the American way! :thumbsup:

Of course, I'm just poking fun.
It's a semi-public forum at the discretion of the administrators. If political and religious topics or replies are not welcome, maybe it should be made clear at the top of the forums page.

I enjoyed posting here because it was so civilized, there are those everywhere that insist on making or taking things personally, there were damn few here and the membership always dealt with it in a humane and non-toxic fashion. Probably won't post anymore.

Seems like now it just takes one or two members whinings to a moderator to invalidate the exchange of opinion by a whole group. Still, it is their forum too and why should they be forced to ignore, block, or disregard something they have no interest in, or worse, proves their lack of education and their disrespect for the golden rule. jim

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I too agree with those who have the common sense to understand that we all have opinions & at times will disagree.
That is called debate and even high schools have debate teams. I do not believe any differences need to result in
attacks on the posters. IMO, the ones who do attack or the ones that go to these 'rubber room 'sites & then become
offended because others don't have the same views & then complain, display a lack of maturity, lack of facts or the
ability to present them or care nothing of others beliefs or opinions. You don't buy magazines on subjects you have
no interest in & then complain. Do you ? And if it wasn't solely for the purpose of causing problems or looking for
something to whine about, why visit these areas in the first place ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread