my storys and life with Diabetes.

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
I was eight when i started getting the symptoms of Diabetes.
i started wetting the bed, drinking allot, and was loosing weight.
But my mom was going to find the bottom of the happenings, night diper's :-[
kept on happening, we went to the doctor to see what the solution was.
next thing i know i was in the hospital. :'(

When i was in the hospital i met a girl we played in the hall and watched TV in bed some days, She had Asama.
She hated waffles but loved spinach.
She hated the taste of cherry cough syrup.
The last day was heart breaking to say good bye.

The trip to Diabetes camp.

Theirs a camp out in the winter at camp Knowcoma but theres a two day one in the winter and a week one in the summer.

My first time to the two day one was horrible. The other kids wanted to stay up all night long which they did!
We woke up at 6 o'clock in the morning to get food which was cold and allfull i stayed up the first night till 3:00 in the morning when all the kids were asleep i looked out my window it was snowing like a blizzard i knew i couldn't run away at that time which i problem could if it wasn't so cold and scary.
I sat on my bed for hours at a time before walking around and looking at the clock i wondered if i could make it to the house by dawn.

My house was 15 miles from the camp i thought about packing but i knew i would make it by dawn or not later but still i thought about it till i decided to just stay for another day and i would never have to come back.
The next morning i was so tired i could sleep in the shower but i was to late since a different kid we were waiting on outside never showed up and we looked for him he was on the floor in the shower asleep like a baby but butt naked we woke him up from his tiredness.
We went to eat at the dinner they had what i call fake eggs and bacon. I ate was still tired i just wanted to kill myself at that point because i knew the rest of the day would be tremendous.

Also i had my first blood sugar low i couldn't left the remote on the bed nor stand.

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
I know you are homeschooled. May I ask how old you are not to be able to spell hos pit al (hospital)?

Sue

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Since this thread is not about spelling or home schooling, let's keep it on topic— and friendly. :wink:

Thanks!

PBK

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
civil war hunter said:
Well Mr, jumpy here want to get into a new subject and I'm 14, i have ADHD and it really hard to consentrat on a word plus the fact that spell check doesent give me en of options

Fair enough— but let's all remember the part about keeping it friendly.

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
PBK said:
civil war hunter said:
Well Mr, jumpy here want to get into a new subject and I'm 14, i have ADHD and it really hard to consentrat on a word plus the fact that spell check doesent give me en of options

Fair enough— but let's all remember the part about keeping it friendly.

Thanks CWH, if your reply is to answer my question. Knowing your age and that you have ADHD, plus having Diabetes, I can accept the mispelled words. For some reason I thought you were older. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings with my previous post.

How do you manage your Diabetes? Do you take pills daily or shots?

I have my kids, ages 13 and 16, tested yearly for Diabetes. They are both overweight, but active in sports. Plus, Diabetes runs in my family and hubby family.

Sue

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi there young man i to have the "D" word type 2. All i know is if it tastes good i cant eat it and if its ok to eat its boring.Hang in there :thumbsup:

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
aa battery said:
hi there young man i to have the "D" word type 2. All i know is if it tastes good i cant eat it and if its ok to eat its boring.Hang in there :thumbsup:

Same here, aa.

(Thank God for tea! :coffee2:)

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Juvenile diabetes is the hardcore real thing.

We didn't pay attention to our older girl using the toilet several times each night, losing a little weight and having a few staring spells now and then. When the school called and said she was sick I went to pick her up and she walked to the door but asked me to carry her home, through the backyard. That was odd as she was very proud and would never want to be carried since first walking. Put he inthe car and went inside to get the keys, came out, she was comatose, completely unresponsive and short-gasping.

Rushed up to the fire station and called the doc on the way, they and the doc and paramedics concurred probably acidoses after only a few of the right questions. Rushed her to the hospital, she was ice cold and after two hours they still hadn't been able to get an iv anywhere as her veins had all gone dry. The doc closed his office and grabbed a surgeon on the way over, screamed at the five people in the room to get the heck out and got her hooked up, she was down to the last minutes when they got her hooked up.

It just came on that fast with her because we didn't equate the behavior, toilet use and diet changes as a common symptom until it was almost too late.

She woke up after almost 36 hours and didn't remember any of it. The one saving grace of that terrible week. Meanwhile, some years later as my type 2 was eating away at me unawares, the doc finally got around to checking the A1C and diagnosed it. Very easy for me to deal with, just get off my butt a little more. So compared to what the kid went through, my life with diabetes is very easy to deal with, A1C stays around 5.7 and with just a little more work I plan on getting off the meds by the end of this year.

Hey CW Hunter, how's the research going these days? Any new ideas on getting this thing beat? And yeah, I know you haven't got a research lab near your drums but I'm expecting you've looked into options also!

Let us know and thanks for the thread.

Whitetail

Greenie
Dec 24, 2006
WISCONSIN
I just watched a documentary called Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days. They took several people with diabetes to a ranch in Arizona , completely changed their diet and within a couple weeks they were all off their insulin. When you click on the red arrow for the video a new page or tab will open up - close that and when you come back to this page the arrow should be green, click the green arrow and the video will play.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=3PRJR6QZ

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
texastee2007 said:
smurf-42 said:
I know you are homeschooled. May I ask how old you are not to be able to spell hos pit al (hospital)?

Sue

Yes please tell us more about yourself...it might be helpful for the folks out there who have had to live with Diabetes. If it isn't too personal how old are you, I am 52. Are young enough to be homeschooled still? This might be helpful because there may be some real good teachers reading right now who could help you with your learning and point out good research matterial. You see how this works? If you tell us more then the right person will step in with some good info for you!!! That is one thing you can say about this forum....lots of helpful people with lots of knowledge to share!!!

don't you mean material not matterial :wink:

CWH my little friend,

Many young folks have Diabetes, the important thing is you do what your family like your mom and also what your doctor tell you to do.

We will be here if you have questions or concerns, you can still do all the things you want to do if you manage your diabetes properly.
you know we think of you as family ourselves so be sure to take good care of yourself ok

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
texastee2007 said:
Bridge End Farm said:
texastee2007 said:
smurf-42 said:

Sue

Yes please tell us more about yourself...it might be helpful for the folks out there who have had to live with Diabetes. If it isn't too personal how old are you, I am 52. Are young enough to be homeschooled still? This might be helpful because there may be some real good teachers reading right now who could help you with your learning and point out good research matterial. You see how this works? If you tell us more then the right person will step in with some good info for you!!! That is one thing you can say about this forum....lots of helpful people with lots of knowledge to share!!!

don't you mean material not matterial :wink:

CWH my little friend,

Many young folks have Diabetes, the important thing is you do what your family like your mom and also what your doctor tell you to do.

We will be here if you have questions or concerns, you can still do all the things you want to do if you manage your diabetes properly.
you know we think of you as family ourselves so be sure to take good care of yourself OK

Thank you...See Civil War Hunter....I told you that I am a spell check junkie...I missed this one and someone helped me with it and I give thanks for it!!! there is nothing wrong with being wrong....we just fix and say thank you!!!

and we say your welcome my friend :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
I remember going to the Wendy's on the west side of Charleston getting out of the hospital.
I was so hungry from the hospital food didn't work well there, i wanted a large fry and a coke and ten chicken nuggets, my mother said "i can eat that now", I had tears in my eyes asking "why" she just said" just because".
I had two chicken nuggets and nothing else that day.
It was because my parents didn't go though the proper training for this, we had no insulin at that time but i think we got some the next day.

I remember moveing to our new house from the crapy old tailor we used to live in on some rich snoby horse owners on a ranch that we worked for for rent.
We were renovating my room after the house was done, we were moving in new bed room parts like drawers and bed and all that stuff, i would sleep on the floor at night.
We still had the semple needle and bottle for my shots, i had one of the worst pains of my life, we forgot the night shot my mother remembered, did a shot in my leg i woke up screaming with pain my mother hit a vain.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
Yes quiz master just jokeing with you, You may not know this but i took horse rideing lessons and fell off and broke my arm in two places so guess what im not doing anymore.

texastee2007 said:
civil war hunter said:
I remember going to the Wendy's on the west side of Charleston getting out of the hospital.
I was so hungry from the hospital food didn't work well there, i wanted a large fry and a coke and ten chicken nuggets, my mother said "i can eat that now", I had tears in my eyes asking "why" she just said" just because".
I had two chicken nuggets and nothing else that day.
It was because my parents didn't go though the proper training for this, we had no insulin at that time but i think we got some the next day.

I remember moveing to our new house from the crapy old tailor we used to live in on some rich snoby horse owners on a ranch that we worked for for rent.
We were renovating my room after the house was done, we were moving in new bed room parts like drawers and bed and all that stuff, i would sleep on the floor at night.
We still had the semple needle and bottle for my shots, i had one of the worst pains of my life, we forgot the night shot my mother remembered, did a shot in my leg i woke up screaming with pain my mother hit a vain.

what kind of horses were they? do you ride? The best thing for the inside of a kid is the outside of a horse...you learn responsability and how to be kind to animals that way.
Because your mom has so many digrees are you now in a better place?

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
texastee2007 said:
Sorry CWH I ask so many questions....I just figure the more we know about you the more we understand what you are going through...Isn't it fun for you to have different people to talk with and pass the time? I love listening to the stories here on the forum....they take me to far off places that I will never get to go....They keep my brain from turning to mush...My eyes are getting so bad I don't know how much longer I will be doing this. So I make the most of it while I can...who knows, I may wake up one day and my eyes totally healed!!! what a blessing that would be. It could happen!

we will be praying for you on this.
God is awesome

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
CV Hunter, you ever lose your meters at school, or get them ripped off? Happened to our girl a few times until I went in to her class one day and talked about it. It stopped mmediatley when I showed them a twenty dollar bill and told them I would hire kids in older classes to chase down and beat whoever took her meter next. That also stopped the kids who were putting candy and cupcakes on her desk with smirky notes.

The prinicpal and teacher got a little upset, but didn't argue.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
Theres this kid i know who went to school and this other kid thought his sight was i sticker so geuss what the kid did, rip.

Lowbatts said:
CV Hunter, you ever lose your meters at school, or get them ripped off? Happened to our girl a few times until I went in to her class one day and talked about it. It stopped mmediatley when I showed them a twenty dollar bill and told them I would hire kids in older classes to chase down and beat whoever took her meter next. That also stopped the kids who were putting candy and cupcakes on her desk with smirky notes.

The prinicpal and teacher got a little upset, but didn't argue.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
I believe im going blind to my friends. My eyes are getting worse every day little by little.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
186 this morning.

texastee2007 said:
civil war hunter said:
I believe im going blind to my friends. My eyes are getting worse every day little by little.

CWH what is your blood sugar today....I mean this in the nicest way, but I have noticed that sometimes when your sentences are not making as much sence that your sugar is really high or really low...could there be a pattern? have you noticed this yourself? I hope you are OK.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
I bolused for it.

texastee2007 said:
civil war hunter said:
186 this morning.

texastee2007 said:
civil war hunter said:

CWH what is your blood sugar today....I mean this in the nicest way, but I have noticed that sometimes when your sentences are not making as much sence that your sugar is really high or really low...could there be a pattern? have you noticed this yourself? I hope you are OK.

Is that creeping up to being high?

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
texastee2007 said:
civil war hunter said:

I have noticed this myself Texas.

CWH, when was the last time you had your eyes examined by an opthamologist? You need to find one that specializes in eye care for diabetic patients. My mom has diabetes and sees her eye doctor 2 times a year. There is also a vitamin that you can take that will help your eyes. I can't think of the name, but will ask my mom what it is the next time I talk to her. Cinnamon will also help with your diabetes. My moms puts 1 or 2 teaspoon of fresh ground cinnamon in hot cereal, like oatmeal or cream of wheat, or in a cup of applesauce a day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions