Swine Flu?

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I awoke late this morning feeling like I had a touch of a cold...

Made some coffee and began reading some news.

Some swine flu clips..
I work as a resident doctor in one of the biggest hospitals in Mexico City and sadly, the situation is far from "under control". As a doctor, I realise that the media does not report the truth. Authorities distributed vaccines among all the medical personnel with no results, because two of my partners who worked in this hospital (interns) were killed by this new virus in less than six days even though they were vaccinated as all of us were. The official number of deaths is 20, nevertheless, the true number of victims are more than 200. I understand that we must avoid to panic, but telling the truth it might be better now to prevent and avoid more deaths.

The World Health Organization says the virus has the potential to become a pandemic.

By Catherine Bremer
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican and U.S. health officials searched on Saturday for signs an outbreak of a new flu strain is spreading further, after it killed up to 68 people in Mexico and infected eight in the United States.

As Mexico shut schools and museums and axed public events, global health officials stopped short of declaring a pandemic.

Seems like we might hear more of this one...

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea i stayed home all day not feeling good :icon_scratch:

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
What IS effective reporting?
It's easy to bash the "news media"

YET-- you are the media. YOU dictate my every on-air thought, "can't say anything too racy, subjective or kicky", because if I say something a bit too, um, questionable...who's all over it? My boss? NO, it's YOU!
So--how do we make a REAL collective difference????

homestake said:
The news media in all it's "fascists" has become totally ineffective in it's reporting the truth. Political correctness is the main focus to them. All the terrorists organizations have to do to make their next strike against us is to spread a new virus strain south of our border. They know that the virus will quickly start spreading northward.

S

Smee

vibes said:
What IS effective reporting?
It's easy to bash the "news media"

YET-- you are the media. YOU dictate my every on-air thought, "can't say anything too racy, subjective or kicky", because if I say something a bit too, um, questionable...who's all over it? My boss? NO, it's YOU!

Effective reporting? What end are you searching for? If it's the truth, drop the "effective", it infers searching to effect an outcome, change opinions. Reporting should be just the facts, not the reporter or his/her boss's political slant. Let US decide the meaning without all the politics.

If you don't think the political slant of the media is biased, look at the reporting done during the last presidential election . . . we're lucky the whole country didn't slide off Kalifornia into the ocean. I mean, it was so unashamedly far to the left that it would be comical if it wasn't so frightening.

Why bash the news media? As stated, they want to "color" everything and make it more than it really is. They want to chastise us and educate us as to how we should think and act. That isn't their job, it was our parents', and they did a pretty good job.

vibes said:

Report what is happening, and leave the liberal bias at the door when you report to work. Like Joe Friday of Dragnet used to say: "Just the facts m'am".

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
Remember how back in the day they claimed Aids was started in Africa when locals had sex with monkeys. Have they figured out how this swine flu started yet?

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Fireball said:
Remember how back in the day they claimed Aids was started in Africa when locals had sex with monkeys. Have they figured out how this swine flu started yet?

I was asking the same question to a friend last night.. w/o the whole Aids thingy..
but I was also wondering... did someone REALLY mess around with a pig..
is that how this started? thats really gross!

T

trish76642

K*E*L*L*Y said:
Montana Fireball said:

I was asking the same question to a friend last night.. w/o the whole Aids thingy..
but I was also wondering... did someone REALLY mess around with a pig..
is that how this started? thats really gross!

lmao...kelly :D

they probably kissed a pig, then got everybody sick.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much as I liked reading about how AIDS and Swine Flu started ::), the more realistic answer was that someone ate infected meat, or came in contact with a
monkey that had the infection. Here in Korea we have bird flu....every fall and spring, when the migrating birds are flying south for the winter, or north for the
summer.....they are v a c a t i o n ANIMALS..... ;D. Anyhoo, as these birds fly over, we can expect many chicken farms...in all areas in S. Korea....to begin
killing its entire chicken population, as thousands and thousands of the birds begin dying. Areas are quarantened off.....driving through some areas, your
vehicle will be sprayed with disinfectant......and the restaurants that serve chicken suddenly couldn't bribe a person to eat chicken. All continues until there are
no more chickens that are showing the signs, and then things go back to normal. (Never have heard of any duck flying down and copulating with a chicken,
for the chicken flu to begin.......and then how does it spread to humans?)

This thing in Mexico seems to be much more complex, as somehow a pig with swine fu happened to be infected by a bird with bird flu.....perhaps by eating
leftovers from fastfood chicken place.......who knows. Anyway, the two animal strains converged and now we have a brand new strain of flu, a mixture of the
two strains......and everyone is scrambling for vaccines. That is the story going over the airwaves here in S. Korea. Probably will spread throughout the entire world, unless some power greater than me decides to ground all airplanes until this thing is over......and it could already be spread pretty well around the world, as most major NearEast and FarEast airlines have flights in and out of LAX.......right next to Mexico.
I think all of us better hand on, and prepare for a pretty bumpy ride. (Perhaps praying to God wouldn't be a bad option, either.) :icon_study:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now we have the swine bird flu? Have they named it yet?

swird flu ?
birdine flu?

What ever it is I don't want it!

GG~

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me, too, GoodGuy......don't want it to find me. I think I will rename myself, something like "The masked hiker," or similiar. :D

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
The MAIN point they don't want people thinking about is that flu is caused by a virus not bacteria so NO MEDICATIONS we have work against it. There is also a disturbing trend that Tamiflu, one of the only effective medications for dealing with the flu, has become mostly ineffective against the flu.

P

pippinwhitepaws

interesting theories on how one catches the flu...i suspect some of you have experiences i have not...

i will stay with the rational thought on how one catchs the flu...strange i never hear a doctors say you get the flu from sex.

you do get the flu from breathing in the virus from the infected...from touching an infected one...

:icon_scratch:

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
The influenza virus is spread by direct contact.

Most usual method of transmission?

Unwashed hands.

The virus probably transferred to people when someone taking care of or butchering a pig did not take adequate precatuions while tending their livestock. They got some of the virus on their hands and then picked their nose or rubbed their lips and the transfer occured.

Once the genetic cassette of the virus was adapted to the human host it then became easily transmitted as an airborne virus among human beings.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I think the probabilities of this Virus having a natural origin is astronomical. It is a variant that contains Swine, Avian and human Virus. This has all the hall marks of a terrorist conceived plot. Since Al-queda has broken into separate cells all ordered to attack the U.S. using any means at their disposal an attack of this kind was inevitable. They went after BHO in Mexico, since we know that one of the guys he shook hands with died the next day. I think we'll see this thing spread even more since they have been trained to attack at multiple times in multiple places using multiple attackers.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pippinwhitepaws said:
interesting theories on how one catches the flu...i suspect some of you have experiences i have not...

i will stay with the rational thought on how one catchs the flu...strange i never hear a doctors say you get the flu from sex.

you do get the flu from breathing in the virus from the infected...from touching an infected one...

:icon_scratch:

so someone was breathing in VERY close proximity to a pig? or TOUCHED a pig?

P

pippinwhitepaws

they are called farmers kelly.
just like the people who catch avian flu, they work with animals to provide food for others.

T

trish76642

pippinwhitepaws said:
they are called farmers kelly.
just like the people who catch avian flu, they work with animals to provide food for others.

Coulda been a farm hand. Who knows where it came from. The important thing is that they stop it/cure it, and we dont get it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread