The End is Near: Are You Prepared?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm ready.

40' liveaboard sailboat.

I make my own water and electricity. I can travel to where the food is, and the people ain't.

Does not cost anything to ride the wind.

I have all the spare parts and repair equipment to go for many years without relying on stores and such.

Sufficient stock of defensive supplies as well.

Let it happen... you can look for me somewhere between 5 and 15 degrees of south latitude.

on the hook.jpg

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Hmmmm Not a good idea, take down the pirate flag... Under dire circumstances where I would have to protect myself and my family, A boat of any kind flying a pirate flag might find itself full of holes, and on the bottom in pretty short order.. :dontknow:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
GunFarce said:
Hmmmm Not a good idea, take down the pirate flag... Under dire circumstances where I would have to protect myself and my family, A boat of any kind flying a pirate flag might find itself full of holes, and on the bottom in pretty short order.. :dontknow:

Yarrr. I see ye flying the dreaded spinning maple leaf.

Ye must be rallying to invade Florida in your motor homes again during our Thanksgiving. It was a long fought battle last year, but you did ultimately face defeat and finally retreated by the millions in the spring back to Canada.

It shall not be as easy this year as we are prepared to do battle once again! We stand at the ready to fend off your attacks with the small yapping poodles and shuffle board sticks...

arrr.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working at a grocery store during the Katrina mess,I would say or stock-up on the following items; toilet paper,at least 24-50 rolls,propane cartridges(for colman stoves)4-10 cartridges,charcoal too,wind-up flashlites and radios(these are the best),dog food or pet food for your pet.A really good first-aid kit,with plenty of your meds,toothpaste,bug sprays, and can openers2-6('cause you'll lose the one you have,plus you can trade)Food the kind you like,poptop cans if possible,if you have little kids make sure you have plenty of cereals and powdered milk,a really good flashlite(I like the kind you shake),and batteries,a gun,probably a shotgun,with at least 6 boxes of shells,a camera,pencil paper.Good coolers on wheels and ice.When Katrina hit,the grocery store I worked at in Austin,Tx.( several 100 miles away)started to collect everything to ship to New Orleans,wewere out of everykind of water the very 1st day,from single btls.-24 and 36 packs,diapers,tuna fish and peanutbutter and jellies,spam.Those were the most popular items,my store filled 12 semi trailers in 5 days,people real came threw.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caves make good survival shelters if they are high and dry, preferably near a water source.
They are also hard to find if camouflaged properly. :thumbsup:

Not saying lets all go live in a cave, just saying they are good shelters for long term, if need be.
Wouldn't hurt to have one or two included in your survival plan.
Word to the wise :wink:

GG~

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

GoodyGuy said:
Caves make good survival shelters if they are high and dry, preferably near a water source.

Not saying lets all go live in a cave, just saying they are good shelters for long term, if need be.

GG~

I believe there is scripture that says people wil run to the mountains to live in caves...

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

mcgearhead said:
Cappy Z. said:
GoodyGuy said:

GG~

I believe there is scripture that says people wil run to the mountains to live in caves...

Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains:

Don't think it mentions anything specifically about folks runnin' to live in caves.

I honestly am trying hard to ..well..I guess the issue begs the question..Why then the mountains? Surely not to be open and exposed to man, beast, or element? Aren't most of the mountains in that area full of caves? Safe, high, and dry?

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Our ancestors were called cavemen or troglodyte's and obviously they survived as we are now here.
We will become hunter/gatherers and shed our civilised diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure.
This link will help you prepare by getting a head start in eating correctly.
http://www.cavemanpower.com/food/caveman_power_diet.html

Attachments

• cavewoman_jpg_e_b531446b815d841fa57ff7ac29559923.jpg
    cavewoman_jpg_e_b531446b815d841fa57ff7ac29559923.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 238
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

pigiron said:
Our ancestors were called cavemen or troglodyte's and obviously they survived as we are now here.
We will become hunter/gatherers and shed our civilised diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure.

Can you gve me her phone number? I need help sewing my deer skin underwear.

8)

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Cappy Z. said:
pigiron said:

Can you gve me her phone number? I need help sewing my deer skin underwear.

8)
You will hang free as you give up useless western inventions. You wont need her number as she will notice you.

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
GIB said:
GunFarce said:

Yarrr. I see ye flying the dreaded spinning maple leaf.

Ye must be rallying to invade Florida in your motor homes again during our Thanksgiving. It was a long fought battle last year, but you did ultimately face defeat and finally retreated by the millions in the spring back to Canada.

It shall not be as easy this year as we are prepared to do battle once again! We stand at the ready to fend off your attacks with the small yapping poodles and shuffle board sticks...

arrr.

Arrrgh Pass the maple nuts matey.. I can out run ya at least as long as the fuel holds out..

Attachments

• TrentTripEast 077.jpg
    TrentTripEast 077.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 249

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoodyGuy said:

GG~

I'm right there with ya' GG... :thumbsup:

Bran <><

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoodyGuy said:

GG~

Caves are also fairly easy to defend.
Scott

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
If there is a nuclear war some creatures with a short life span may have mutated.
Here I'm thinking of insects in caves and the Arachnid family come to mind with possibly giant spiders and
scorpions.
In times of stress animal cage doors mysteriously open and we could also be sharing our cave with feral dogs,
pigs or ex- zoo creatures.
This is apart from the bats and rats.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anti-zombie spray

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newt said:
What if your not Home when this happens?
Newt

Plan B

Being prepared means having a back up plan for different contingencies. :icon_thumright:

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread