Weekend plans?

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
What do you have planned this weekend? Anything exciting, or just hang around in the A/C out of the heat?

I plan to fire up the smoker and cook for the family. Beef ribs, beer can chicken, some of my special smoked stuffed jalepenos, and maybe a breakfast fattie as well.

I'm also going to smoke one medium sized brisket to send up north to a Tnet member as well.

Here's the smoker and a shot of what the brisket heading north from Texas will look like when sliced!

Attachments

• brisketslice.jpg
    brisketslice.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 180
  • smoker.jpg
    smoker.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 176
K

Kentucky Kache

Well, I wasn't planning anything, but now I plan on coming to your house. :o

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Person after my own heart . You not only cook like we do ; but you have the same sense of sharing with friends .

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
truckinbutch said:
Person after my own heart . You not only cook like we do ; but you have the same sense of sharing with friends .

I absolutely LOVE to cook for others. I look at it like this, if the smoker isn't full I'm wasting space and heat. By throwing another chunk of meat on the grate I'm conserving energy! :tongue3:

As for cooking like you folks in WV do; is there any better way to prepare beef? Unless it's meatloaf or ribeyes, it's cooked with hickory wood at low heat for a long time...

Kentucky, if ya can get here by suppertime we'll set a place for you!

Grip

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I bet the neighbors love it when you roll-out the 'goods'

On the "foodjita scale"-- this one is a category 5 :thumbsup:

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
BillyBudd007 said:
Can you overnight a rather large 'takeout' order?

:laughing7:

Funny you should ask that!!!

I just logged on to TNet to send a PM to the individual that I was "overnighting" he brisket to. Seems there was a slight problem in shipping.

Not going to go into too much detail here, but lets say that I am NOT real popular with the FedEx Terminal in Tennessee right now. :o

Grip

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We called this "Barbeque Central" on the 4th. There were 7 barbeques, a smoker and a grill at work. Menu consisted of sweetcorn in the husk, shrimp-ka-bobs, brats, hotlinks, hot dogs, wild pig roast, tri-tip, racks of ribs, grilled stuffed bell peppers (fresh from the garden), hamburgers and probably more. Will probably barbeque again this weekend but on a smaller scale. ;D

Attachments

• barb1.jpg
    barb1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 126
  • barb1.jpg
    barb1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 121

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
The brisket looks great. But even though there's plenty of old style butcher shops that make all
the homemade kielbasas, bratwursts, knockwursts, kielbaz, potatis korv & etc. , it's not easy to
find brisket in this area. Even with a fairly large Jewish population, a butcher told me we only
normally get brisket in during certain holidays. Watching those cooking shows & owning a smoker
& a bit of hickory, apple & maple chips, I would like to give a brisket a shot. I've done whole deer,
wild turkey, pigs & a steamship round of beef, but not a whole brisket. One of these days I'll get
the chance.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Well all we find around here is corned beef brisket in a vacuum sealed pouch with herbs.
It's ok for Irish corned beef & cabbage & sometimes baked under slow heat & glazed
with a Cumberland sauce made with red currant jelly, dry mustard & ginger, but it's
still corned beef. Butcher says they get no call for it, so we don't see fresh brisket.
It must be you. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread