Girls Only...Boys keep out!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Not trying to be discriminating here...but need advice from the ladies of this site.
Several questions...
....where you can you find the cheapest lady cut waders??? Fit for a womans body ,not a mans? :-[

....If you detect alone or camp alone ...what do you take (if anything) for protection against any wooly beasts of the wild?

...Have you ran into trouble alone and how did you handle it? lost, confrontations, ????

....Why did you get into metal detecting or treasure hunting to begin with? Any funny adventures you can share....or scary...or embarrassing????

Feel free to PM me if you dont want to post....but I would really like to hear from some of the girls here for an article that I am writing
.....and please...no men pretending to be women!
but will accept stories from men who are writing about their spouse or better halfs!

L

lerch

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thank you very much for the wader site.....Been looking at Gander and can never find any that fit!
And thanks to the girls who have been emailing! Good Stories !

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well since you got youngsters not sure how you fell about guns or knifes as far as critters umm hello you live in wisconsin bag of M80s
and a zippo, tempt adventure, toss one in the fire pit (side note bic lighters in camp fires are fun if no one knows you tossed it in) ;) have to turn up your discrimination higher then that to keep us from getting threw.DAMN FOIL BALLS

M

mchamby

Hi gypsy, try the catalog put out by cabelas they have mens and womens everything.
I have always loved beeing out in the woods and collecting mushrooms and wild etibles so I guess it was just a matter of time before the detecting came into play. Also laying in the hosp. for a mos not knowing if I would get out, there is a lot of things that go through your mind that you still want to do, mding was one of them and walking on the ocean sand another. I always carry a hunting knife with me and a wistle when I think of it. I don't have the option of a mding partners so I enjoy my time and surroundings. I guess thats it.
Mchamby

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Or you could carry one of those 30 dollar co2 BB pistols from wal mart. Thay pack quiet a punch for 30 bucks, iv seen them make people bleed through a sweatshirt, a whole clip would do alot more...Sorry to intrude on the girls only topic ;D

Z

ZumbroKid

I got some waders i was thinking of putting on ebay. You should be able to get in them. ;D

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
FreetwoDtect said:
I got some waders i was thinking of putting on ebay. You should be able to get in them.? ;D

I am sure they would be way to short and wideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :P

KalamazooHunter

Mar 26, 2005
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Hey, female here.
I got interested in metal detecting when I was a child. The town I grew up in was rumored to have a house that Al Capone once owned. It was fascinating to think of "what if i found some of his treasure" I searched ravines, the beach, everywhere. I had saved up my money and bought a 100 dollar radio shack one. Never found anything. Eventually grew up and forgot about my old metal detector. Then one day, a little over a year ago I was at a vegas trade show and Garrett was there. I was able to buy a Garrett 300 for a very good deal. Bam, I was hooked again. I met my husband and made him dig for me. :) He thought it was a tad boring but I convinced him to get his own. He ended up getting a bounty hunter and loves it. Now, we hunt together~!

I do go hunting alone sometimes. I have never had any problems.
I've gone with other woman before and no problems then either. Most people just walk past us or ask us if we've found anything cool.

PS. I'm 26 and live in Michigan.

Feel free to IM me! Nice to see another lady on the board ;)

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
It is nice to have other ladies here. I will get you some Michigan sites to hunt....remember to post all your finds! Good Luck this next year!

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice for everyone is to take a freshly charged cell phone. If you are confronted dial 911 and put your phone on speakerphone so the attacker can hear. Start describing them and keep talking. If this does not work, remember they are going to hurt you or rob you, anything I have including my detector, shovel , digger, and probe becomes a weapon. If you have to fight try to do some harm, pain is a good deterant. Hopefully you never have to use the above.

Ed Donovan (Man with advice! Ha!Ha!)

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
I sometimes hunt alone, but I usually don't go anywhere where I'm all alone. I try to stay pretty public. I don't think I would go camping alone. Just like swimming, you should always do it with a buddy. I've always been interested in old things like antiques. I love seeing relics of by-gone times and the archeological diggings, etc. I guess metal detecting would be a natural extension of that love.

vicki

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thanks for the post on waders ,but I got two pair over the winter.,...Hard to find ladies.full waders to fit right ....because we have a little different shape than men......got pair of full waders and then a pair of thigh highs that you use those garter thingies to hold them onto your cutoff shorts...a little tricky but they work..... :)

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oops! I opened this thread by mistake.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best protection? A good dog. They serve as company, early warning system, a deterent against intruders and, if properly trained and fitted, can even help carry some of your stuff. I'm a Golden Retriever man; I mean woman, myself..............ahhhhhhhhh........lucy?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread