Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: at about 1 am ish some fool tried to kick in my front door *

I had something like this happen to me sometime ago,I bought this door to replace my front door,and it had 3 peepholes on it,1 at eye level 1 at about my waist level, and 1 at about my knee level.This door came in handy one night when about 3a.m. I get this loud banging on the front door.I wake up and notice that the lights outside,that face the front door and are really,really bright,are not on( found out later the guy broke them with a baseball bat).So I don't say anything but I start looking in each peephole,and the one down by my knees show me that besides a baseball bat he also has an axe. I step back from the door a call 9-1-1 and tell the officer that a Guy is trying to break into my home,well she tells me that she's sending an officer by and that he should be here in 5 or 10 minutes.Well what this guy doesn't know,is that I also call my neighbor who lives across the street from me and I tell him and he says he's been watching the whole thing for about the last 10 minuets and all he has is a pellet gun,but a good one,well he starts shooting the guy and hits him in the back and then in the leg and then in the hand,this must have freaked him out cause he drops everything and gets into his car and drives off and about the same time he side swipes the police car and then gets arrested.

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.

Keep a weapon handy!! We should have the right to protect our loved ones and our property.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm a believer in the second amendment and I know what it means. I don't need a court telling me what it means. It wouldn't matter anyway. If anyone tries to harm me or my dear wife Kay they will need a coroner not an ambulance. I wouldn't bat any eye to kill some worthless maggot trying to harm my family. I was trained when to and when not to kill for over 21 years and you might say that makes me a trained killer? What would bother me would be all the gore I'd have to clean up and all the paperwork and questions at the police station. Glad no one was hurt in your incident. Stay safe. Monty

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

Ivan,

That was a close call!
Glad it turned out ok :)

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Ivan, the house next door is for sale! Come on up Man!

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009

The world is getting more and more dangerous every day.

I think it's funny that most of us wouldn't last five minutes back in the days when thieves roamed the countryside raping, pillaging, and killing innocent people all the time. Heck, there are places in Africa and other parts of the world where this is still very common. So one guy on here has a lowlife try to break into his house and everyone jumps in with a "that's why I keep a loaded Gatling gun on my nightstand! The world is going to Hell in a handbasket!".

You people wouldn't know danger if it bit you on the ass... I sure know I wouldn't. I for one am glad to live in such a safe country. Yes, bad things happen. But most people go their whole lives and never see anything even remotely as dangerous as what Ivan experienced last night. I think some of you old timers ought to stop and think a little before telling everyone how terrible the world has gotten. The reality is that with the Internet and TV we are just more aware of every little bad thing that happens these days. The same things were happening 100 years ago. The public just didn't know it. And 1000 years ago was a complete nightmare. I don't wake up every day in fear that I'll be killed by marauding thugs, religious crusaders, vicious man-eating lions, or even political foes. I am cautious and understand that there is danger in the world. But I hardly think that things are getting worse and worse just because the news outlets choose to publicize every single bad thing that happens in the world.

I'm glad it turned out OK for Ivan and no one was hurt. There are surely some bad people in the world. And there always will be. But regardless of what you may believe, "our" world is actually a pretty safe place these days. If you don't believe me, try doing a little research about what is going on in places like Africa. Or maybe read up on what the middle ages must have been like for the people unfortunate enough to live during that time period.

I'm ranting here because I just got back from my father's house. He is an old fool like many of the people I see out here. Everything is wrong with the world. He blames the politicians, his neighbors, and any ethnic group he can think of. He is paranoid beyond belief and is constantly telling everyone how terrible the world is. Yet he sits in his 3000 sq. foot home on an acre of land in the burbs and listens to the birds chirping softly in the morning. He has all the money he could ever need. He has his health, his family, and his faith. And yet... the world is such a damn terrible place to live in by his accounts.

It makes no sense at all.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ivan, thank God you and your wife are OK.

jb7487, anyone who calls their own Daddy an old fool isn't worth listening to. >:(

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

thanks for the offer on the "house next" door but I keep area safe for 4 elderly neighbors as well as my place ---( 2 houses each way on both sides of me) as well as my "own" house 2 years ago I ran off 2 "home invasion" type robbers that burst in the elderly next door neighbors home --- it was summertime and the main door was open and the scrren door was the only thing stopping em they burst thru it rapidly --they were armed but the neighbors luckily got into their bedroom put a chair under the door knob and call me and the cops * --the crooks said open the door old man and give us the money or we'll shoot thru the door !!! the old man a WW2 vet said no way and my next door neighbors coming with his shotgun --he will shot to kill --so stick around a bit -- oh , and the cops are coming too!!!-- the crooks upon hearing this fled rapidly --they were long gone before I was able to get there , even moving as fast as I could --the po po arrived a few min later . --sadly those bums were never caught .

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jb7487 said:
The world is getting more and more dangerous every day.

I'm ranting here because I just got back from my father's house. He is an old fool like many of the people I see out here. Everything is wrong with the world. He blames the politicians, his neighbors, and any ethnic group he can think of. He is paranoid beyond belief and is constantly telling everyone how terrible the world is. Yet he sits in his 3000 sq. foot home on an acre of land in the burbs and listens to the birds chirping softly in the morning. He has all the money he could ever need. He has his health, his family, and his faith. And yet... the world is such a damn terrible place to live in by his accounts.

It makes no sense at all.

It sounds to me that you are jealous of such a wonderful life your Dad has built. Maybe you should listen to him and be a little more understanding. Sounds like he has it going on. I am sure you have already amassed everything he has on your own except his attitudes. Your lucky to have him. Am sure he sees a spiraling downward trend in a lot of the values of youth in America.
Ivan keep er locked and loaded and enjoy your life,
TnMtns

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer

The UPS man rings the door bell and walks fast to the truck after the deliveries. It seems the big dog barks too loud when the bell rings.

Friendly little cuss...the dog...the UPS man also.

People on the out side of the door should know their limitations.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

SWR -
You got that right.
Someones life is in danger - OK.
Property - not OK.

Now if you try to stop a thief from taking your/friends property and they attack you when you try to stop them then you might be fearful for your life. You cannot shoot them if they are running away.
If they grab your metal detector/(insert anything here) and run away, even thought you want to you cannot legally use deadly force. Shooting them in the leg, while hard to do to a running person is considered deadly force.
Maybe shooting into the ground to get their attention and bluffing the rest would work? I don't know.
Bummer but that's what I understand. I am not a lawyer but someone told me this and I agree.

Grey

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

if I hear strange noises late at night that sound like crooks or nor do wells on my property doing damage or stealing my hard worked for goods , I call the cops and I go see whats going on --- when I do I go armed * if I see em I will hold em at gun point for the cops ( citizens arrest )-- if they are armed or try to attack me --meaning * they would rather harm me than face their just punishment of jail time --then so be it I WILL DEFEND MYSELF -- since they caused the problem (by being a crook on my property rather than beiing a law abiding citizen) IF THEY WERE NOT ON MY LAND UP TO NO GOOD --then there would not be a issue at all now would there? -- so they caused it via their "poor choices" they made.

as a poor working class stiff -- that works hard and trys to go by the "rules" -- I should be safe in my person and property -- why should I just stand by and let lazy low life theifs steal the goods that I worked hard to get with my hard earned dollars ? --"because its not worth "killing" over "? --- well folks some life long low lifes count on folks thinking just like that -- that way the worse thing that will happen to em if caught is --3 free hots and a cot for a bit of time -- and folks that thats not going to make a lazy doper / drunk type crook change his ways -- however a real fear of death --now that will make em think twice about getting a "real job" and going to work for a living rather than robbing.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

I hear and agree with you Ivan.
I am not sure what "Citizens Arrest" means legally.
I will ask on the web site that talks about that.

Grey

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok, listen closely and abide by my words. " He said he was going to kill me and I believed it". That's all you need to tell the police before you talk to your attorney. And in allmost 22 years as a cop, I was never called a po po. What does that mean? I was called a lot of other things by selected individuals but I can't print those names. :wink: Monty

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett

Monty as another ex cop, you have it basically right, I no longer carry,but the gates are secured each night and , during the day there are things close to hand. Imagine looking down at a Colt walker BP hand gun that weigh 4 lbs. you dont even need to cock it It makes a dandy club too. Bob

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009

jb7487, anyone who calls their own Daddy an old fool isn't worth listening to.

Oh please... what a load of crap. By that logic nobody on this earth can be called a fool. Everyone is somebody's daddy. Yes, my dad is a fool for being so blind to the fact that he has a good life and spending countless hours griping and complaining about everything that really doesn't affect him in the least. He complains about how bad the government has gotten but honestly hasn't been affected by a single decision they've made over the past 70+ years. Really. He hasn't. He thinks he has but other than paying out a few tax dollars (which obviously hasn't hurt him at all) he is completely unscathed. Stop and think about it people. Go read up on what goes on in other parts of the world (Google for "Congo" for example) and then come back here and tell me that you still think that claiming we have it bad here in the US is justified. It's nonsense.

It sounds to me that you are jealous of such a wonderful life your Dad has built. Maybe you should listen to him and be a little more understanding. Sounds like he has it going on.

No. I'm not jealous. Because I have built a better life for myself. A life where my own children don't think I'm a fool (at least not yet!). What you people don't seem to understand is that it is reasonable to call your father a fool when all he does is ruin your mother's life with his bitching and complaining. There are two sides to every coin. I can't respect someone who doesn't respect the others around him. And that makes him a fool. I'm done with my rant. Those of you who still think this world is going to hell in a handbasket ought to have to go spend a week in the Congo! Or at least have to spend a week listening to my dad complaining.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

artzstuff1 said:
Thats why I keep my gattling gun handy!!! just incase,,,ya know!!! :headbang: :headbang:

I tell them to COME ON IN,,,,GET SUM!!!!

ARTHUR

I WANT ONE!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey, Ivan, I just saw your interview on Fox News Network. NAKED huh? :laughing9: 91 huh? :hello2:

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC

Shooting a burglar is not something you can easily forget. I'm glad you didn't have to.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

the screen door was locked * (as was the main door and dead bolt / which of course he until he opened the screen door he had no way of knowing- that fact)--the lower aluminum panel was kicked in to gain access to the latch inside so it could be "unlocked"and opened to gain access to the main door * -- to just run up and kick in someones door that has the lights on at 1 am in the morning makes no "sense" at * what is to be gained by it? nothing with a good chance of getting hurt or aressted in the process)-- unless you thought that the "lights " were on (to deter crime) but no one was home at the time --(so hey its time to try and rob the joint * )--the wet foot print (from walking arcoss my lawn) left on the door was a larger male type work boot ( steel toed boot?) kinda print -- heel and main foot print -- not tennis shoes which are worn by most kids these days . :wink:

tough guy --nope --just a armed home owner protecting my property and my self on my land.-- as I have the right to do.

po po is slang for police * -- the local police respect me as a helpful no nonsence homeowner thats has helped to stop several criminal acts in my area

of course no sane person "wants" to shoot another human --but if they are trying to harm me or mine --I will not lose sleep over it , if I have to do it ) since it was them that both caused the issue by them being on my property illegally trying to steal and then trying to attack me thus forcing the issue)--and I will go out and defend whats mine from theft -- because hey "dirtbag" you want "stuff" fine --get a job and sweat and break your hump for it like I did. -- no free stuff , here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread