So I took a shower tonight..... after 5 days...

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Of course this is gross, you read the title.

I've been working at home for about 8 months now, and I love it... but tonight, I was told that I need a shower. Now, I sit here just 20 minutes after the shower and I feel all 'non-lubricated'... and I have this strange soapy smell on me. I'm not trolling.. it's true. She told me I hadn't showered since Sunday, and I said, "We'll that can't be true because I feel just fine". ...and then I showered, and now I feel worse.

...LOL (Really).

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
And you have women that wont leave you allone? :D

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
From what I hear, most women love a " Gamey " Man ;D.........NGE

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This can only mean that laundry month is coming up....... :laughing7:
Scott

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to try some lotion or baby oil on that dry non lubricated skin after a shower. :thumbsup:

Might even get some help rubbing it on :o
That always makes me feel better :laughing7:

GG~

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't help it.....

But after five days you're a nasty bugger, probably stink too.......

Robin

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell, I average 2 a day.................

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonesomebob said:
Kelly; maybe that is why the call me lonesomebob. hehehe

LOLOLOL i guess this is why i never find a "nice" guy!
im looking for one who showers! EVERYDAY!

and there really is something wrong with NOT showering... for 5 days!
you better go wash your bed sheets mikeeee with HOT water and bleach!
but rest assured you WONT get head lice from the school teacher GF!
they only like clean hair... LOL true story!

SO GROSS!!!!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO Mi Kelly lost luv: If'n it weren't for the slight problem of 50 years difference, I'm yer guy. When possible, Mi tiger makes me shower, shave, brush teeth, and lather on destink compounds every night, or sleep alone in the computer room sigh, and I do love getting my back scratched. :tongue3: :tongue3:

Don Jose de La Mancha

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
HIO Mi Kelly lost luv: If'n it weren't for the slight problem of 50 years difference, I'm yer guy. When possible, Mi tiger makes me shower, shave, brush teeth, and lather on destink compounds every night, or sleep alone in the computer room sigh, and I do love getting my back scratched. :tongue3: :tongue3:

Don Jose de La Mancha

HAHHAHAHA!!!! the cat scratch huh?!?! nice!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
K*E*L*L*Y said:
lonesomebob said:

SO GROSS!!!!
Wow, I never thought you where so preconcieved Kell.

Showering to often can actually be harmfull, both to your immune system as well as your skin.

I think people over clean which often washes away good bacteria making them more at risk to get skin infections and allow bacteria to enter the body.

If you look at the older generation they often showered once weekly; but washed their hair as needed.
Of course with exceptions as when they'd get sweaty/dirty they'd shower or go for a swim which works perfectly well to cool off.

Yes some would smell like h£ll but others didn't, actually the above is how I grew up and follow to this day; except for on parties or similar larger gatherings where I prefer to be fresh. (average 2x/week)

And no I don't smell bad, and no I don't even use deodorant.
Deodorant also have some side effects; biologyically speaking your smell lets the opposite sex/gender tell if their immune system would be diverse enough to make a good mix with your immune system; the more diverse the parents immune system are from each other the better coverage for a varriation of desiese can be handled.

http://www.salon.com/health/feature/2000/05/03/germ_warfare/
More:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6748207.stm
http://[url]http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/daily/tips/daily-shower-skin.htm/printable[/url]

So think again. :wink:

dnewbury2

Mar 20, 2004
Cherokee, AL, Occupied C.S.A.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Tesoro Golden Sabre and Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take a bath the first Saturday of every month, whether I need it or not. Just kidding! But seriously, I was wondering what that smell was.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eu_citzen said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:
lonesomebob said:

SO GROSS!!!!
Wow, I never thought you where so preconcieved Kell.

Showering to often can actually be harmfull, both to your immune system as well as your skin.

I think people over clean which often washes away good bacteria making them more at risk to get skin infections and allow bacteria to enter the body.

If you look at the older generation they often showered once weekly; but washed their hair as needed.
Of course with exceptions as when they'd get sweaty/dirty they'd shower or go for a swim which works perfectly well to cool off.

Yes some would smell like h£ll but others didn't, actually the above is how I grew up and follow to this day; except for on parties or similar larger gatherings where I prefer to be fresh. (average 2x/week)

And no I don't smell bad, and no I don't even use deodorant.
Deodorant also have some side effects; biologyically speaking your smell lets the opposite sex/gender tell if their immune system would be diverse enough to make a good mix with your immune system; the more diverse the parents immune system are from each other the better coverage for a varriation of desiese can be handled.

http://www.salon.com/health/feature/2000/05/03/germ_warfare/
More:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6748207.stm
http://[url]http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/daily/tips/daily-shower-skin.htm/printable[/url]

So think again. :wink:

NO WAY!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A hot or cold bath or shower is a great way to relax and release stress, it has a calming effect. Bathing in warm water is also used to alleviate the ill effects of arthritis, sports injuries or other skeletal problems.

Our bodies become loaded down with toxins from the work we do, the products we use, the foods we eat that have been sprayed with pesticides, and the water we drink that contains chlorine and fluoride.

These toxins get into our bodies and they cannot escape because the pores of our skin are clogged with animal fats, oils, waxy residues, alcohol, and chemicals. Body detoxification starts internally, by drinking water and continues externally. Bathing is the way to clean out those residues from the pores of your face, scalp, and body to allow your body to work the way it was intended. It removes salt from sweat, dead skin cells, and most of all odor............

They may think they don't smell, but the people around you do when you travel away from your home. Living in Florida we get a lot of foreign visitors, the body odor of many is absolutely horrible. For what ever reason, many in Europe east of the United Kingdom are the worst. France is by far one of the worst for not bathing and no deodorant........

EU, the links you posted are not about not taking a daily bath, they are about the over use of anti bacterial products and harsh soaps which is very true.......

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
A hot or cold bath or shower is a great way to relax and release stress, it has a calming effect. Bathing in warm water is also used to alleviate the ill effects of arthritis, sports injuries or other skeletal problems.

Our bodies become loaded down with toxins from the work we do, the products we use, the foods we eat that have been sprayed with pesticides, and the water we drink that contains chlorine and fluoride.

These toxins get into our bodies and they cannot escape because the pores of our skin are clogged with animal fats, oils, waxy residues, alcohol, and chemicals. Body detoxification starts internally, by drinking water and continues externally. Bathing is the way to clean out those residues from the pores of your face, scalp, and body to allow your body to work the way it was intended. It removes salt from sweat, dead skin cells, and most of all odor............

They may think they don't smell, but the people around you do when you travel away form your home do. Living in Florida we get a lot of foreign visitors, the body odor of many is absolutely horrible. For what ever reason, many in Europe east of the United Kingdom are the worst. France is by far one of the worst for not bathing and no deodorant........

EU, the links you posted are not about not taking a daily bath, they are about the over use of anti bacterial products and harsh soaps which is very true.......

omg this is so true!!! its coming up on snowbird season... aka... a trip to publix will require a gas mask!
wills....go take a shower asap!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread