Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
Re: at about 1 am ish some fool tried to kick in my front door *

jb7487 said:
jb7487, anyone who calls their own Daddy an old fool isn't worth listening to.

Oh please... what a load of crap. By that logic nobody on this earth can be called a fool. Everyone is somebody's daddy. Yes, my dad is a fool for being so blind to the fact that he has a good life and spending countless hours griping and complaining about everything that really doesn't affect him in the least. He complains about how bad the government has gotten but honestly hasn't been affected by a single decision they've made over the past 70+ years. Really. He hasn't. He thinks he has but other than paying out a few tax dollars (which obviously hasn't hurt him at all) he is completely unscathed. Stop and think about it people. Go read up on what goes on in other parts of the world (Google for "Congo" for example) and then come back here and tell me that you still think that claiming we have it bad here in the US is justified. It's nonsense.

It sounds to me that you are jealous of such a wonderful life your Dad has built. Maybe you should listen to him and be a little more understanding. Sounds like he has it going on.

No. I'm not jealous. Because I have built a better life for myself. A life where my own children don't think I'm a fool (at least not yet!). What you people don't seem to understand is that it is reasonable to call your father a fool when all he does is ruin your mother's life with his bitching and complaining. There are two sides to every coin. I can't respect someone who doesn't respect the others around him. And that makes him a fool. I'm done with my rant. Those of you who still think this world is going to hell in a handbasket ought to have to go spend a week in the Congo! Or at least have to spend a week listening to my dad complaining.

Just because your dad treats your mom bad doesn't give you the right to hijack this thread.
Start your own thread.

1.We don't live in the Congo!
2.His,yours and everyone Else's life HAS been affected by govt decisions.It would be very naive to think otherwise.
3.We don't live in the Congo!
4.Our(USA) rights are a result of the sacrifices our forefathers made.
5.Kick my door in and receive a special prize: 245 grains of the good ole' USA.
Newt

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

jb7487 :
Betcha' your Daddy had more fun makin ya than he did raisin ya .
He reaped his just reward .
What he poked in fun matured into a freakin joke :tongue3:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jb7487, the first step in helping the Congo is to MOVE there. How soon can you leave?

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20

I will not address any of the other crud here, I will just say that one of the reasons that our country has attained greatness is because of our right to bear arms, one of the few things that keeps our government in control and our families safe. One of the reasons Mexico is a nightmare to live in right now is because of the lack of a right to bear arms. Almost everyone has a gun in Mexico and not one of them is legal. The Government made it illegal. More children are killed each year in accidents in swimming pools than with guns. Answer: Make pools illegal!!! God forbid we should just chalk it up to a terrible accident and let parent know that this is what will happen if they are not responsible with their children. More power to ya. Protect your family and I hope you never have to use your 870, and if ya do then thank God you are here and not in Mexico where you would not have the right to own a weapon.

B

BIG61AL

Here in Colorado we call it the make my day law...You have a right to defend your home with dealy force providing that you felt your life was in danger and the intruder is coming at you. If you shoot them in the back while they are running away YOU are going to be charged with murder.
I was born and raise in New York City and the craziest crap happens all the time. I have right next my door a heavy duty club for just this very purpose. You want to harm me well go right ahead at long as you can do it with your skull split open.

desertgoldman

Greenie
Sep 21, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab

I salute your choice of Home Defense weapons, Ivan. I have the same one, but it's loaded with FIVE 3-!/2" double ought buck shells. Some would say that's unsafe because the chamber is loaded, but we have no kids, and my wife and I prefer to be completely prepared.

Glad you're both safe!

10claw

Aug 16, 2009

truckinbutch,you sure put a hot one on jb--that made my day. i'm glad ivan stood for what is right and glad they are o.k.--here in al.two different pharmacists at 2 different stores shot 2 different low life rascals trying to rob them.that stopped that junk.best deterrent around regardless what the little bleeding hearts say.--------tenclaw

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HI 21ST: YOU POSTED-->

" thank God you are here and not in Mexico where you would not have the right to own a weapon"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sheesh, and here I live and work in Mexico. Sigh.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

better to be judged by 12 than carried by six , I say -- when guns are outlawed , just who is a big enough fool to think "real" criminals (who are already outlaws and thus have no respect for the law at all) will turn theirs in? -- so all it will do is turn the peaceful lawful gun owners into helpless "disarmed" sheep ---or if they keep their weapons to protect themselves from "real" outlaws -- they are now forced join the "outlaw" class of folks.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20

Real de Tayopa said:
HI 21ST: YOU POSTED-->

" thank God you are here and not in Mexico where you would not have the right to own a weapon"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sheesh, and here I live and work in Mexico. Sigh.

Don Jose de La Mancha
No insult intended Don Jose, but by living there you understand the lack of a right to bear arms in the Mexican Constitution. I am sure you understand the armed road block by the Military and the explosion of violence in the last two years. Here in Texas we enjoyed relative peace on the Eastern area of the Border but gradually it has moved closer and closer over the last four years. First Larado Nuevo became a battle ground, then Roma area, then Carmargo area, then Reynosa, then Progresso Nuevo, and then Brownsville. Now I really think twice about entering Mexico. My safety used to be a afterthought, now it had better be the formost thought. I hope Sonora is peaceful and wonderful, but I think you above all here understand the horror that is the "War next Door". Sigh...... I pray for better times, less corrupt and more honest leaders. Ones who care and think with more than emotions. My best Southern wishes to you and yours. May the Lord bless and keep you Mi amigo Senior La Mancha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread