ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
at about 1 am ish some fool tried to kick in my front door *

my wifes chair is by the front door in the living room --she was watching tv -- getting ready to go to bed in a bit --I was on the computer in the bedroom -- I heard a huge bang but thought it was the neighbors coming in and slamming their car door hard --but then the wife screamed --honey, get your gun!!! there is someone trying to break in the front door!!!--I snagged my 12 gauge pump remington 870 which I keep loaded with 4 rounds of #4 buckshot (just in case of stuff like this) amd headed to see what it was while she called for the cops (911)=== I used the spy hole to make sure no one was right by the door and cracked her open leading with the 12 gauge=== I checked everything out -- whoever it was split but there was a adult sized wet foot print where they had kicked in my aluminum screen doors lower half plate --its mangled badly -- I think the crook thought it was a house that someone went out of (to go out partying on a saturday night ) leaving the lights and tv on "for safety"--- but when he heard people as he tried to break in he realized he screwed up -- or he was hoping it was a old lady who would foolishly open the door to see what it was that made the noise then he could bum rush "home invade"her.--upon hearing my wife call out ==="honey get your gun "--its was time for him to go quickly away -- no car was heard racing off --so whoever it was was on foot most likely --the cops got here very quickly I'd say 5 min or less .-- wife said I was armed and if the crook got in or attacked either of us --I'd shoot to kill ---to the dispatcher

folks this is why you need the right to bear arms.

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: at about 1 am ish some fool tried to kick in my front door *

DAng Ivan! And I thought watching TV was safe...

Glad you all are ok!

SKD

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21

Something similar happened to me last winter. A 20 something man knocked loudly on my door at 3:20am. I live is a country home in northern MI where many people go to Florida for the winter. I had my Walther on him with the safety off and the hammer back. He said his car broke down and wanted help. There was no car in the immediate area and it appeared that he knocked on the door just in case anyone was home prior to breaking in with a friend that stayed hidden. I told him to move on and called the police. They did not find the man in the area.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

me too sore knees -- in this case having a gun handy stopped a crime without a shot being fired * however you never hear of the "good uses" of a firearm --only the "bad stuff"

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

ames --- you should have said --- you wait right here the police will "assist you" when they arrive --- in my case I think he was "scoping" homes that he thought were empty but with lights on for "safety" since both me and my wife had been planted for a good bit ---me on the computer --her watching tv -- so he saw no one moving about in the house --so he said "jackpot" lights on but "empty home " easy pickings (most likely their out at the local bar drinking and dancing )-- well surprize mr home owner was not only home but armed to the teeth.

C

Cappy Z.

This brings up an interesting question. First, I had watched a show where a guy pulled his revolver out and let a murderer at the door see it which of course the guy later admitted scared him away. However, the homeowner seemed 'apologetic' and even hinted he did not 'brandish' his weapon. I ask whether it is legal to be in your home and 'show' your piece to a potential intruder? or is this illegal?

Cap Z.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

under florida's "castle law" since your "illegally tresspassing" on my property -- I can come armed "locked and loaded" (in hand but not pointed at you) and tell you to get off my land --- being armed on my land is my legal right and since your tresspassing on my property your a criminal -- so I'm entitled to tell you to get off it and to self defense on my own land should you to be foolish enough to try to attack me. --also under no backing up clause -- I'm allowed to "stand my ground" and defend myself and property and not yeild to criminals if they "advance upon me or act in a threating way towards me --(say drawing a weapon)"----( i do not have to flee and cower in fear and call the cops praying they will get there in time --like in some places)-- oh ps you can not sue me if your a criminal hurt during a crime or while tressspassing on my land )-- I just love living in florida .

here in florida --crooks get shot & homeowners walk .

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well good morning to you Ivan
Was heading to the farm and saw your post. I am glad you were armed and wife reacted quickly and you both are safe and well. It beats cleaning up all that mess from your Rem 870 and now he knows and may tell his friends. Look at it this way.
Its a glorious day and give the wife a hug. Glad you are well and Happy Sunday :icon_sunny:

HH ?
TnMountains

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

yes those blood stains are real bear to get out the carpet and the buckshots awful hard on the sheet rock , -- thankful all ended about as well as it could ( wish I had caught the creep "outside" in the open for the cops to haul away but I guess we can't have it all.) have a nice peaceful day -- :icon_thumright:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Ivan,
Good to hear you and yours are OK.
Even though 870 has the short bbl it doesn't open up in 15'.
But it WILL make a deaf albino with brown pants out of anyone at least.

Grey

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ivan, glad to hear you and the wife are OK.

Better to have and not need........

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett

Late one night ,came a loud knocking at my door, having a porch light and a glass door panel,I could see a policeman standing there no announcement no hood sign . so as I opened the door with a 18.5 in shotgun leveled at him, He turned real quiet ,stepped away and said ,Holy s...! do you always come to the door like that? I checked his ID and then invited him in for coffee, Having been an officer myself,I started his education, he was young,new and at the wrong address. now a friend on the force and still alive. Bob

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

While I cannot legally own a handgun, I do have a legally 18" barreled 16ga. shotgun and it sits down here next to my computer, loaded with # 6's, I figure, if the dude gets away, he'll be picking shot out for a long time (if he's lucky)...........NGE

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009

So glad it turned out good ivan. Do you live in an urban setting? Like a neighborhood?

ng

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

three rounds center mass or two center mass and a head shot if you intend to hide the body. I think there would be a real good market for catapults so you could deposit dead thugs on the doorstep of the judges that let them go. Cleaning up that mess a few times might make judges more reluctant to let them go. siegfried schlagrule

C

Cappy Z.

SWR said:
Cappy Z. said:
This brings up an interesting question. First, I had watched a show where a guy pulled his revolver out and let a murderer at the door see it which of course the guy later admitted scared him away. However, the homeowner seemed 'apologetic' and even hinted he did not 'brandish' his weapon. I ask whether it is legal to be in your home and 'show' your piece to a potential intruder? or is this illegal?

Cap Z.

How did the homeowner know the person at the door was a murderer?

Can you show the weapon? Sure you can!
Can you shoot the guy for just knocking at your door? Nope.
Can you shoot the guy for beating on your door with a hammer, saying "i'm gonna keel you!". Probably
Can you shoot the guy for kicking down the door? Yep

I watched a dateline show where these two teenagers knocked on a guys door and cut his phone wires. He thought the one at the door looked suspicious so he held up his hand gun to show it. Months later the same pair killed(butchered) a married couple. Later when interviewed they admitted if the guy had not shown a gun,..he and his son would have been stabbed to death.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

Glad you and your wife are okay. The world is getting more and more dangerous every day. Thank God you had your gun. At least you could have defended/protected your family.

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)

Thats why I keep my gattling gun handy!!! just incase,,,ya know!!! :headbang: :headbang:

I tell them to COME ON IN,,,,GET SUM!!!!

ARTHUR

Attachments

• c_troop.jpg
    c_troop.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 501
OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

peace thru firepower -- most folks do not want to attack equally or superiorly armed people who are ready , willing and able to use em as a general rule.-- and if they do , most likely they will not live do it more than once. (darwins rule --weeding out the mentally weak) :wink: :icon_thumright:

mini gun -- me like --- me want.

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE

Good on you Ivan, woe be unto those who don't take the 2nd amendment to heart. I'll not stand by helplessly, while mine are being attacked and harmed.
Imagine some bottom feeder breaking in and doing whatever. We'll never find out as they will be history. I will take no prisoners.
You behaved quite properly. For good measure I may have fired a round (or two) into the air.
Glad you are both safe, and give that old Remington a fresh coat of oil today.

BW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread