PLEASE FEED YOUR SQUARRELS!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
civil war hunter said:
Ive notice most of you guys on here are hillbillys. Is that true?
Daniel , you don't notice very well . You seem to read about as well as you spell . I live about
170 miles north of you in Morgantown and am a hillbilly .
Many of the folks responding to your post live in other parts of the world .
You got booted out of here a time or two before for inappropriate comments under other names . I hope that doesn't happen again . A whole world is out there for you if you choose to embrace the realm of knowlege .

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the youngins a hillbilly himself ( being from WV) so don't think he meant any harm by it -- more like he was saying ---you folks are "hunting and fishing types" --outdoors men /women that right?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
civil war hunter said:
Daniel , you don't notice very well . You seem to read about as well as you spell . I live about
You got booted out of here a time or two before for inappropriate comments under other names . I hope that doesn't happen again . A whole world is out there for you if you choose to embrace the realm of knowlege .
:headbang:

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
I just think past people or ' better'. My spelling is bad becuase I had pre-school in first grade becuase the teachers torgured me and gave me punishments that I didn't understand the need for.. I have a scar on my right arm the shape of a moon from when I was little a teacher dug her long nails into my arm and dragged me down the hallway. I know this becuase I remember it and my mother proved it with another kid that wen't to the same school the same time I did. From my first sentance " sorry for the spelling". I will give you guys of a view on whats going on in my head. Have you ever said " thats very clean". At an object?" well how about if you found another of the same object that is cleaner than the first then so on and so forth. How about if you said "god was real and he is the all powerful?" Wouldn't there be more? gods parents, and his intire family tree would go back ages. This is were the revalution thoery comes in. Take a speck that you can't see with the human eye or a microscope or even the most high power devises that you could see though. Now that speck is just a very little one. To one is way littler than the first. Now my brain is starting to spin. OK how can I make you guys understand this better? :icon_scratch:

truckinbutch said:
civil war hunter said:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
civil war hunter said:

What's that got to do with the price of cabbage?

truckinbutch said:
I live about 170 miles north of you in Morgantown

Truckinbutch, I HATE that damn hill on the eastside of your hometown. In 1991, I lost my brakes coming down that hill with a load of "big paper"........rig maxed out at 80,000lbs. I learned to LOVE that emergency ramp, though. ;D I think that sign at the top lied. It claimed that hill was 7 & 1/2 percent. BULL. It was more like 50% :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
I'm not a hillbilly none of you are. No ones rich, no ones poor, no one is middles class or better than anyone else its just a theory on how people act..

ivan salis said:
the youngins a hillbilly himself ( being from WV) so don't think he meant any harm by it -- more like he was saying ---you folks are "hunting and fishing types" --outdoors men /women that right?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
ivan salis said:
Knowing his history , I don't think so , Ivan . Some of his views can be rather narrow . That's
what got him expelled from TN before .
He is maturing and I would like to see that continue .

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
ivan salis said:
Knowing his history , I don't think so , Ivan . Some of his views can be rather narrow . That's
what got him expelled from TN before .
He is maturing and I would like to see that continue .
Then you have a worthy task. Mentoring is always an honor and maybe t-net members will help when the veiw narrows down a bit. : )
TnMountains

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Shortstack said:
civil war hunter said:

What's that got to do with the price of cabbage?

truckinbutch said:
I live about 170 miles north of you in Morgantown

Truckinbutch, I HATE that damn hill on the eastside of your hometown. In 1991, I lost my brakes coming down that hill with a load of "big paper"........rig maxed out at 80,000lbs. I learned to LOVE that emergency ramp, though. ;D I think that sign at the top lied. It claimed that hill was 7 & 1/2 percent. BULL. It was more like 50% :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
You survived . Many haven't . Wreckers didn't take long to get you pulled off the ramp .How long did it take you to pick all that seat cusion out of the crack ? :tongue3: I've had runaway trucks , too .

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I got kin folk in west virginia and my grandpappy was from west by god verginny as he called it -- so yep I'm at least part "hillbilly" and as such I just love the outdoors -- I'm also smart by most folks way of thinking , so the old "dumb hick hillbilly" stero type don't play by me .

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
You survived . Many haven't . Wreckers didn't take long to get you pulled off the ramp .How long did it take you to pick all that seat cusion out of the crack ? :tongue3: I've had runaway trucks , too .

The wrecker was pretty quick. I'm sure he'd had a lot of practice. ;D It took about 3 weeks to get ALL of the cushion out of the glutinous maximus. A week later, I had to stop at the top of Cajon on I-15 and have a cigarette before starting down. That worked out pretty good, cause the entrance to the scales filled up and I got the bypass light. :thumbsup: JBH did not speck his trucks with Jakes or Blue Mules. We just had brake pads, shoe leather, and pray..........not necessarily in that order. I've gone off every big hill in the country except NORTHbound Grapevine and Wolf Creek. At times, the "pucker factor" and the "fun meter" would BOTH peak out. :laughing9:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Shortstack you evidently learned much since you are still alive . There are old truckers and bold truckers ....NO Old Bold Truckers . I drove two and a half million miles in class 8 rigs , much of it OD ,
and most of it with Wonder brakes (wonder if they are gonna work the next time you need them) and
descended every grade you didn't mention as well as the ones you did . Tip of the hat to a fellow HAND that survived :hello:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
Shortstack you evidently learned much since you are still alive . There are old truckers and bold truckers ....NO Old Bold Truckers . I drove two and a half million miles in class 8 rigs , much of it OD ,
and most of it with Wonder brakes (wonder if they are gonna work the next time you need them) and
descended every grade you didn't mention as well as the ones you did . Tip of the hat to a fellow HAND that survived :hello:

Back at you, TB. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :coffee2:

Cabbage after an ice storm..............Racing a motorhome down 4th of July in the snow..............Ahhhhhhh, such memories.

If God ever decided to iron out WV, it'd be the size of Texas. :laughing9:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Shortstack said:
truckinbutch said:

Cabbage after an ice storm..............Racing a motorhome down 4th of July in the snow..............Ahhhhhhh, such memories.

WRONG ! Alaska and Texas would be the secong and third largest states in America if Alaska
didn't decide to subdivide to make Texas #4 :tongue3:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
Shortstack said:
truckinbutch said:

WRONG ! Alaska and Texas would be the secong and third largest states in America if Alaska
didn't decide to subdivide to make Texas #4 :tongue3:

I lived in Alaska for 3 years and that's something like the Sourdough joke I heard about 5 minutes after setting foot there. :laughing9:

Well, we've ( I've ) gotten far enough off topic for now, so guess I should turn it back.

Ahhhhhhh, let's see. Oh, yeah. "One would have to be pretty "squirrelly" to drive some of the roads we've seen, heh?" Or "Squirrels make good survival food." Yeah, I like the second one.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
a lot of up and down mileage for such a small state thats fer sure.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
This talk of the hunting and fishing reminds me of the question, "What is the definition of VEGETARIAN?

Answer...

Old indian word for BAD HUNTER. :tongue3: :laughing7:

Ray

S

stefen

truckinbutch said:
civil war hunter said:
Ive notice most of you guys on here are hillbilly's. Is that true?

Daniel , you don't notice very well . You seem to read about as well as you spell .

I live about 170 miles north of you in Morgantown and am a hillbilly .

You got booted out of here a time or two before for inappropriate comments under other names . I hope that doesn't happen again . A whole world is out there for you if you choose to embrace the realm of knowledge .

The use of the term 'Hillbilly' is an acceptable term, and at times endearing, unless there is an implied derogatory connutation.

A wise man understands when to use the emphasis.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did someone use my name in vain? I do believe in feeding the squirrels. I feed them to the dog, the neighbors cat, and even to my family sometimes. But I have never even seen a squarrel. Are they dangerous? Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread