How many hunters on here? Walmart quit selling firearms!

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Well, then I guess I am not a very good soldier then, because I am not going to allow the ONLY document I hold with religious reverence be tossed aside in the name of an "emergency declaration." The Patriot Act was one of the SERIOUS problems I had with the previous president, as well as the embracing of torture. A country that does that in the name of freedom has forgotten what the word freedom means altogether.

I will not obey an order to confiscate weapons from law abiding citizens. Period. And if they think they are going to give me a summary execution? Heh...better be quicker than I am. I may not run that fast, but I can hole up and shoot all day long.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want to be disrespectful to anybody, but I never hunted any animal for 'fun'. I never fished for 'fun'. Granted there was some enjoyment or satisfaction derived, but my family always hunted and fished to 'eat'. We might have had 'fun' at the meal. That makes us bad for figurin out a way to survive in tough times rather than rely on government handouts, I guess. I did have 'fun' hunting people later on in life, but I didn't intend to eat them. Walmart had no business selling guns. It was another way to make a buck. Buy guns off of people who know guns, and you'll be better off. And I would like to tell czechdetectingtours.com: Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home from work early do.

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Observational Quote: It seems to me like the most bitter irony, that people who no longer know anything about correlations in nature, people who live in big cities in between skyscraper abysses, tar and cement, surrounded by the uproar of planes and engines and shrouded in industrial smog, people who only now and then look out into nature like through a show case, that such people feel entitled to condemn something, which dates back to a time, when the balance in nature was yet undisturbed.
- Kai-Uwe Denker

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Libra my friend, I have one complete war, and part of another under my belt for Uncle Sam, which translates to the Declaration of Independence, including entering the Guadalcanal campaign on Aug. 11, 1942 and extending to Korea. I have 'partially' paid my dues.

I personally think that the Patriot act was exactly the opposite of that name.

I wish you luck. I think that the military is a fine career and a necessary factor if we are to even think of freedom.

When the time comes, I wish you the best, and it WILL come, be prepared.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Czech: A disarmed civilian population leads to either a Third Reich or a Stalin
type of takeover. The human wolves will not let an opportunity for more power like that pass.

This is the reason for our second ammendment in our battered Constitution and why Americans have guns and should know how to use them. If America goes down, who will protect / free the Czech Republic the next time?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Kelly mi LUV, if you appear some night, I promise to leave the pistol under the covers.

Don Jose de La Mancha

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And just one more thing. I agree with Czech. Come down to Oklahoma with me to the Wichita Mts. I will hold the camera and you will sneak up behind a buffalo bull. (I'm sorry, the correct term is bison) You will then make the bunny ears for me to photograph. But it won't happen because that bull is a wild animal and is also one of the fastest animals on earth for turning and hooking you and sending you sailing. Gun lover me will not be able to help you because firearms are prohibited on this federal preserve, and for the most part they should be. After you pick yourself up, you will most likely be arrested, because there are laws prohibiting 'molesting (harassing or otherwise disturbing) wildlife'. (We used to call these laws for the stupid, because any sane person would know not to sneak up on a wild animal.) It's ok to advocate photography, but don't encourage folks to attempt close contact with wild animals.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is just FULL of controversial topics! What's uncomfortable about replying to it is commenting on a person's opinion here is often seen as a personal attck on the person themself and not just a different opinion. Please read my statements here as my "opinion" and not a personal attack on anyone. I'd like to think that my opinions are based on a lot of fact and personal experience. One fact is, dove can fly at a speed of about 45 miles per hour. If you think it doesn't take a certain level of skill to shoot and hit them on a consistant basis, my opinion is, you have never tried it. Ducks can fly about 60mph. Granted, it doesn't take a whole lot of skill to shoot a deer that is standing still, sideways, in a clearing at 100 yards with a gun that has been properly sighted in but, unless you are a lucky road hunter, it did take some hunting skills to arrive at that shot. Then, after taking the game, you have to know how to properly field dress that animal and how to care for it until it can be butchered, wrapped and refrigerated/frozen. Yes, most of us enjoy the hunt but not the killing. I may enjoy hunting or fishing but it beats going to the store to buy fish or meat that I, by proxy, had someone else kill and I don't even enjoy the shopping experience. I don't have "fun" going to Mc Donald's either to gather food that someone else had "fun" killing at the slaughterhouse. Do store-bought hogs or beef not realize their existence, or have feelings or emotions? I believe they do so, unless one wants to become a total veggie, you will just have to disrupt the life of some pen-raised, often cruely-treated, hormone-fed, wading in their own waste, animal. There is nothing closer to nature and how humans should interact with it than gathering your own food from the wild. I have felt sympathy for game I have taken and I ask, has anyone ever ordered their double cheeseburger and felt sympathy for the beef in it? Another opinion I have is, if you really read and honestly try to understand what I'm saying, you almost would have to lean towards my way of thinking, at least "slightly".
Another opinion of mine is, Walmart not selling guns to people that live in tents WILL NOT reduce the number of gun crimes. Getting serious with the laws is what will curtail crime. THAT'S what 10-20-life is all about......STRONGER/LONGER sentencing!! Has absolutely nothing to do with the sale of guns. People have just as many, if not more, guns than ever before but stricter sentencing makes the crooks that have at least half a brain think about what they are doing. Honorable gun owners have always said the laws for the bad guy have to be tougher, not more gun restriction laws. 10-20-life just proves the NRA is right.....in my opinion anyway. ;D

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, I just meant that the punishments need to be move severe and then enforced. If given 10 years, serve 10 years. No early out for good behavior. You got 10 years for bad behavior, REMEMBER??! Now, if you don't act "good" during the 10, we'll give you more. No more bleeding hearts on the parole boards. I saw them asking an older, female parole board member some time back. (not meaning age or sex has any meaning other than information here) When asked what she used as specific criteria for making a decision to release or not release an inmate that was up for parole her response was, "Nothing specific, it's just a hope". Just a HOPE!!?? Are you kidding me?? Release these lowlifes in her neighborhood, not ours. She can hope they don't continue their scummy lives around her family. Heck, maybe she can give them a room to stay in.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a good post there, packerbacker. And maybe I was a little rough on Czech. However, if he could come up here to Frisco, Summit County, Colorado, and do that rabbit ears thing behind one of them bull moose around here, and I could get a picture, and we got away with it, we would be world famous. Cause that would be way more dangerous than shootin one. Well, for Czech, anyway.

Whitewings

Nov 23, 2005
Check out the Gamo Whisoer, watch it on you tube. No registration required, when they come for your weapons you dont have to turn this one in.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Executive Order overcomes Constitution and Bill of Rights.
OK but for how long?
And what are you (xyz) doing? Should we know?

What a scenario - hometown kids in the Natural (oops) Guard being ordered to confiscate weapons from everyone they know.
That sounds like a movie plot.

Grey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread