How many hunters on here? Walmart quit selling firearms!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Libralabsoldier said:
Your posts would be easier to read if you put some spaces in them.

Have you read anything yourself about the healthcare legislation? If not, do it.

As far as your fear about your guns getting taken away? Not going to happen. No laws have even gotten past the basic committee stage that have anything to do with guns. The country has bigger problems right now.

Since NO ONE HAS READ the one thousand plus pages of crap that's come out of the House and the same situation with the Senate's plan that just got voted out of committee yesterday; you don't know WHAT is in the packages.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
spaces good enough ,healthcare no one knows what the hell is in that 1000 plus page rag i need to worry you dont your millitary,gun loss you need to read more i know what i read in the nra monthly report what he is try ing to get done before febuary of 2010, what are our bigger worries bo closing gitmo and other world wide cia interragation offices more of his fine democratic work , govrenment payback for cash for clunkers ha ha ha ha wont ever happen ,what else is he gonna do for us hell he aint even a real politition was a politition 143 days before he was voted president, didnt do anything where he was at now he thinks he can do some god as the most powerful man in the us dont think he wont do anything for anybody but his own and his butt kissers and his grand army of the acorn .

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
DUDE SERIOUSLY USE SPACES IN YOUR POSTS.

Also try using original thoughts.

I do read a great deal of legislation, because I want to know, and do not trust pundits and news channels to do it for me. I am also a member of the NRA, and they have wasted tons of money in the last several years on pumping up fear, while producing little in the way of results.

I want them to stick to truth, not twisting facts.

As far as the military and GITMO? I know people who have been stationed there...many of us are uncomfortable with having a prison on foreign soil, in a country that has actively hated us for decades. We have Camp Bucca in Iraq, which is perfectly local, and very well defended.

I think some of you just see my name, think "dumb libral...." and ignore. Dont. I have a lot of various experience, and I take this very seriously. I see no point in lying, and have nothing to gain from writing about things I have read and seen. Anyone can read legislation, in its full form. It is a matter of public record, as is the phone numbers and email address of your elected officials. I suggest you use them. I do.

goldseeker1982

Greenie
Oct 1, 2009
Libralabsoldier said:
Besides, a full gun ban will be IMPOSSIBLE to enforce. Why? Because a whole lot of us in the military are gun owners, and we know who we work for, the American People.

Suppose a series of events took place which did precipitate a full gun ban. If it came to pass that the military was going to be used to enforce this ban. What would you do? Comply with orders to disarm the citizens, go AWOL or stand your ground and refuse to follow orders which violate the Constitution.

I don't mean this to be contentious. I am curious.

My apologies to the OP for getting off topic but this question, for me, presented itself here.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
It is a subject that has come up with me and other people several times on deployments...the choice is simple. If an unconstitutional order is issued, then we as soldiers have a duty to the American people.

goldseeker1982

Greenie
Oct 1, 2009
Timberwolf said:
Libralabsoldier said:
It is a subject that has come up with me and other people several times on deployments...the choice is simple. If an unconstitutional order is issued, then we as soldiers have a duty to the American people.

Libralabsoldier,

Awesome statment, Dude!
Thank you for your service. :thumbsup:

Timberwolf

+1 Thanks for the response.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Just like fake conservatives annoy me, so do fake liberals. Real liberals believe that all people should be allowed to live as they please, within the laws of the Constitution. The self labeled liberals of the last twenty years seem to think they know best, and they want to force everyone to live as they deem "right".

As far as the military, and our duties....they are quite clearly outlined in the oath of enlistment and commission, and in the UCMJ.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Libralabsoldier said:
Just like fake conservatives annoy me, so do fake liberals. Real liberals believe that all people should be allowed to live as they please, within the laws of the Constitution. The self labeled liberals of the last twenty years seem to think they know best, and they want to force everyone to live as they deem "right".

As far as the military, and our duties....they are quite clearly outlined in the oath of enlistment and commission, and in the UCMJ.

are you in a bad mood? did you not get a md for your bday?
just askin!
:laughing7:

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Nah. not in a bad mood. Stayed out too late, then me and Mrs. LLS stayed up VERY late..........and then woke up this morning and continued the previous nights activities. :wink:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, a Walmart post! First of all, I've worked for Walmart for about 10 years, and assistant manager for the last 5. I come from Oklahoma, just like Sam Walton did. I suppose I should stand up and chastise all you Walmart haters, but folks, you don't know the half of it. The best compliments I've had as to my work performance is that I intimidate the other members of management, and that I am to Walmart what the 2 Live Crew is to the Pentecostal Holiness Church. (Those guys stopped in the store once, too cool!) Walmart quit sellin guns cause somebody got sued. I was relieved when my store quit sellin firearms, cause quite frankly some of the help we had then wasn't smart enough to do it. They need to quit sellin the BB guns that look real. Somebody could get killed real quick with one of those. I'm workin on that one too. The story about changing the name of an Asian town to 'USA' is an urban legend. I see now it's Korea, before it was Japan. Like I said, y'all don't know the half of it, but maybe someday y'all will. I think the world of the people that work for me. Even though I'm management, I work side by side with them, and I treat everybody the same. But it's gettin really hard to treat people right and follow company policy. When it gets to the point I see I can't make a difference from within, or they finally run me off, I'll go. And take all my hands with me. We might start up TG&Y again. Sorry I have rambled on.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Libralabsoldier said:
Nah. not in a bad mood. Stayed out too late, then me and Mrs. LLS stayed up VERY late..........and then woke up this morning and continued the previous nights activities. :wink:

HAHAHA you would think you'd be in a good mood for sure then!

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Cool, a Walmart post! First of all, I've worked for Walmart for about 10 years, and assistant manager for the last 5. I come from Oklahoma, just like Sam Walton did. I suppose I should stand up and chastise all you Walmart haters, but folks, you don't know the half of it. The best compliments I've had as to my work performance is that I intimidate the other members of management, and that I am to Walmart what the 2 Live Crew is to the Pentecostal Holiness Church. (Those guys stopped in the store once, too cool!) Walmart quit sellin guns cause somebody got sued. I was relieved when my store quit sellin firearms, cause quite frankly some of the help we had then wasn't smart enough to do it. They need to quit sellin the BB guns that look real. Somebody could get killed real quick with one of those. I'm workin on that one too. The story about changing the name of an Asian town to 'USA' is an urban legend. I see now it's Korea, before it was Japan. Like I said, y'all don't know the half of it, but maybe someday y'all will. I think the world of the people that work for me. Even though I'm management, I work side by side with them, and I treat everybody the same. But it's gettin really hard to treat people right and follow company policy. When it gets to the point I see I can't make a difference from within, or they finally run me off, I'll go. And take all my hands with me. We might start up TG&Y again. Sorry I have rambled on.

see... wal mart selling guns WAS a bad idea! wow who knew!?

Jun 30, 2009
Gee, another place in America stops selling firearms, what a tragedy! If you want to hunt animals, hunt them with a camera. Killing a sentient being (something with knowledge of its existence, feelings and emotions) for fun, not even other animals do that. Or try sneaking up behind them and have another fella take a picture of you giving bunny ears behind the animals head:thumbsup: before it figures out what's going on, now that takes skills :headbang:, pulling a trigger doesn't.

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
czechdetectingtours.com said:
Gee, another place in America stops selling firearms, what a tragedy! If you want to hunt animals, hunt them with a camera. Killing a sentient being (something with knowledge of its existence, feelings and emotions) for fun, not even other animals do that. Or try sneaking up behind them and have another fella take a picture of you giving bunny ears behind the animals head:thumbsup: before it figures out what's going on, now that takes skills :headbang:, pulling a trigger doesn't.

lol.

Watched a cat once, playing with a ground squirrel in the backyard. Cat turned the groundsquirrel loose, let it run 1/2 way to its hole in the front yard about 100 feet away, then took off after it like a bat out of h#ll. Caught it again and marched back to the backyard with it where it batted it around for a while, then repeated the whole process. This happened 4 or 5 times. The last time, the cat munched the squirrel.

Had a Siberian Husky a few years back that, if she got loose, would demolish the neighbors flock of ducks and eat NONE of them. (I paid for God only knows how many ducks over the years)

Don't kid yourself: people aren't the only animals that hunt for sport.

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

I'm sorry I disagree.

I have been a hunter for several decades now and I find it better to hunt my meat than buy a package of meat at the supermarket. What kind of life did the cow that ended up at the supermarket have? Did it get to frolic in the woods before it met it's end? I think if more people had a "personal" relationship to their food the USA would not have such an issue with obesity.

Does this mean I don't care at all? hardly. I do not take a shot on an animal if the odds are high that it will suffer. I prefer to take immediately-killing head shots and pass up the "normally acceptable" gut shots that cause lingering deaths because I do not want a trophy head for my wall, I want meat for my table.

Also you snub your nose at the entire predator/prey relationship in nature. If there are no predators then prey animals overpopulate and eventually starve. Would you be happy to take a picture of a starving deer because there are no hunters to control their population?

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
How did your meat and chicken get to the supermarket shelf then to your table?

If I hunt for my meat then I'm just cutting out the butcher and supermarket. I don't know about you, but I was raised not to play with my food before I eat it. You make it sound a lot like your the only one raise right and all meat comes from Safeway.

I hope you like all the hormones and antibiotics that your consuming in your store bought meat. Because most of the cattle are being raised at feed lots the last few weeks of their lives. Talk about cruelty to animals. Ever think of how a cow likes being sandwiched in a feed lot with all that methane being produced near your town? Oh ya, meat comes from the supermarket.

I do hunt with a camera most of the time. I don't get to much fiber from a photo, so I have to eat other things also. I don't eat much meat because of all the agricultural specifications on how we can pollute every thing we raise with pesticides, hormones, antibiotices and a few other things that are to detailed to go into here.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, can't resist, Kelly knows that all Irishers are weird - except for me. This was posted -->
~~~~~~~~~
. It is a subject that has come up with me and other people several times on deployments...the choice is simple. If an unconstitutional order is issued, then we as soldiers have a duty to the American people.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How does a soldier know what is constitutional or not? It can get sooo icky at times that we have a supreme court to attempt to resolve issues.?

I realize that in a period of firearm confiscation by the military, it would be under an emergency declaration, in which case the Constitution is suspended.

Under these conditions to refuse a direct order could lead to the death penalty later, if not on the spot.

Also, having been in the Military as both an enlisted man and as an Officer, who can say what is legal and what is not? What can the person refuse to do safely? If an Officer refuses an order to order his men to do what might be construed as a violation of the Constitution, can his men override his order with no consequences?

As you can see it gets very icky very quickly. SO most soldiers will simply follow orders as they have been well trained to do.

Don Jose de La Mancha

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
HI, can't resist, Kelly knows that all Irishers are weird - except for me. This was posted -->
~~~~~~~~~
. It is a subject that has come up with me and other people several times on deployments...the choice is simple. If an unconstitutional order is issued, then we as soldiers have a duty to the American people.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How does a soldier know what is constitutional or not? It can get sooo icky at times that we have a supreme court to attempt to resolve issues.?

I realize that in a period of firearm confiscation by the military, it would be under an emergency declaration, in which case the Constitution is suspended.

Under these conditions to refuse a direct order could lead to the death penalty later, if not on the spot.

Also, having been in the Military as both an enlisted man and as an Officer, who can say what is legal and what is not? What can the person refuse to do safely? If an Officer refuses an order to order his men to do what might be construed as a violation of the Constitution, can his men override his order with no consequences?

As you can see it gets very icky very quickly. SO most soldiers will simply follow orders as they have been well trained to do.

Don Jose de La Mancha
like fighting Irish?
lol REAL youre so funny!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread