Never sell on Ebay again!

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
I sell and buy on Ebay. If they are starting to hold your money until you get feedback that will bite. I always give feedback as soon as I receive my item. But I have sold stuff and have never receive the feedback from the buyer so what are they going to do keep your money. Then you get someone that buys for the 1st or 2nd time and give back low rating and this is going to hurt your selling on Ebay they are getting to many rules for the sellers and looking out for the buyer. So I have started selling on Craiglist no hassels.....Matt

That's a reason to require a good rating of buyers. I have seen many auctions wherein the seller demands that the bidder have a substantial history/favorable rating.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Im still not understanding why they are holding your money, Ive never once had my money held except during a dispute, Unless you are a new seller or something..

OP
OP
Dixie Digger

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
Dear Hargis ,

Thank you for contacting PayPal, my name is Almira and I am happy to
assist you today.

I understand your concern regarding the payment being held and I
apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Upon review of your account, I can see that the payment you received
from David in the amount of $845.00 USD is still on hold.
However, PayPal may release the payment on hold 3 days after the
confirmation of the item delivery. You may also want to encourage the
buyer to leave a positive feedback on your eBay account.

PayPal may release the Payment Hold when one of the criteria is met:
* The buyer leaves positive feedback after receiving the item.
(Payments are released 24 hours after feedback is left.)
* 21 days without a dispute, claim, chargeback or reversal filed on
that transaction.
* 3 days after PayPal confirms item delivery.
We recommend that you ship the item once payment has been received. The
sooner the buyer receives the item, the sooner you'll receive positive
feedback.

PayPal can confirm delivery if you use USPS, UPS, or FedEx to ship the
item and use PayPal shipping labels, or upload tracking information to
PayPal through the transaction details page. This applies to US domestic
transactions only.

If you ship through an alternative carrier or the shipment is not US
domestic, PayPal will be unable to confirm delivery. In this situation,
the buyer must provide positive feedback or 21 days must elapse without
a buyer dispute, claim, chargeback or other action.

We know situations like this can be difficult, so thanks for working
with us. If you have more questions, visit our Help Center by clicking
"Help" in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Sincerely,
Almira
PayPal Consumer Support Got my money today,tried 4 times by email to get buyer to leave feed back and he never responded so Paypal(after 4 phone calls and 4 emails) finally released my money today! the way i understand it is now it depends what catagory you list your item in as metal detectors are what they call "high risk".so they hold your money in paypal until eather buyer sends + feed back or 3 days after item is delivered. wow,i guess a buyer could break,scratch,abuse the item in 3 days? never again for me!

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dixie Digger,

Do you have an excellent history on EBAY?

If you do, I agree with you that PAYPAL is serving up a load of bull.

Only if you had had several negatives would I consider Paypal correct in withholding your money.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I think paypal is a great tool for buyers. Other than that, it is not a good tool for sellers. I have been buying on Ebay consistently and have never had any trouble. I do hate there ebay Fee's that is why I hardly sell on their.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
olepossum said:
i use to run a biker leather shop here in town i had a lady try and get 3 vest and she paid for two had the paper work to prove it she spent major money to fight me the better business burea of her town and the bbbof my town called and came for a visit and i showed them the paper work for the trans action and they called her from the shop and told her you are a scammer i am here looking at the papaer work dont bother this man again goodbye and the bbs contacted paypal and they shut her down. and the some guy in denver ordered bufallo hide chaps and they were water buff hide and he sent them back after 3 weeks and demanded money back you could tell he wore the quite a bit they had salt and sweat crust and he said i am a retired army ranger i will ride there and kick your ass told him to come on down gave him adress and directions and shop hours he never came down i kept a spas 12 tactical shotgun in the shop we had some patched groups that ride through town and like to scare people with thier colors 12 guage 3 1/2 inch mag deer slug changes attitudes real quick hehe well i said nope he sent them back and sent pctures to paypal and ebay they shut him down other than those 2 crazys never had any trouble with paypal i dont sell on ebay untill the holidays they have free listing fees then

Please use periods! Your answer was really hard to read! Get educated!

OP
OP
Dixie Digger

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
chirper97 said:
Dixie Digger,

Do you have an excellent history on EBAY?

If you do, I agree with you that PAYPAL is serving up a load of bull.

Only if you had had several negatives would I consider Paypal correct in withholding your money.
iv always had 100% positive feed back in 6 years...not 1 neg- feed back.i was told it was a high risk catagory...new policy as iv sold 20 detectors on Ebay and never a problem.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PAYPAL BLEW IT.

Thanks for posting your experience and information.

e caveat emptor

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Thanks DD, Now I see, No Delivery confirmation can cost you a sell everytime. It is Up to the Seller to PROVE he delivered the goods. it always is even without paypal It always has been, its the Law. if not You Could loose.
What sucks is with Overseas shiping You Cant get deivery confirmation, (know diffrent subject) except by the high dollar carriers, (Ups Fed ex).

I post using paypal most the time (automatic and FREE delivery confirmation), or use ups. Sucks but thats the rules.

My Biggest loose was some lexus floor mats to France, the guy disputed its delivery, I couldent prove it (no tracking or del confirmation)I lost about 80 Bucks total.
I hope you win, BUT without del. confirmation or tracking # its your word agienst his, Now he probaly doesent know that, So just hang in there.

OP
OP
Dixie Digger

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
i shipped by UPS and posted the del conf on the correct spot on ebay and also emailed the buyer with it....if buyer dont leave feed back they hold your money 3 days after item is delivered...now in those 3 days how much dammage could a guy do to a (water) detector or any detector for that matter.some people dont take care of there stuff. i didnt know ebay was a "try it then buy it " site? iv bought many detectors off ebay and knew the next day i didnt like it,thats not the sellers falt.as long as it was as they had advertised it to be,thats fair. some people only turn there pc on once a week and read there email,some people dont leave any feed back at all.so just know that you might have to wait 3-21 days to get your money.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectingfreak said:
olepossum said:
i use to run a biker leather shop here in town i had a lady try and get 3 vest and she paid for two had the paper work to prove it she spent major money to fight me the better business burea of her town and the bbbof my town called and came for a visit and i showed them the paper work for the trans action and they called her from the shop and told her you are a scammer i am here looking at the papaer work dont bother this man again goodbye and the bbs contacted paypal and they shut her down. and the some guy in denver ordered bufallo hide chaps and they were water buff hide and he sent them back after 3 weeks and demanded money back you could tell he wore the quite a bit they had salt and sweat crust and he said i am a retired army ranger i will ride there and kick your ass told him to come on down gave him adress and directions and shop hours he never came down i kept a spas 12 tactical shotgun in the shop we had some patched groups that ride through town and like to scare people with thier colors 12 guage 3 1/2 inch mag deer slug changes attitudes real quick hehe well i said nope he sent them back and sent pctures to paypal and ebay they shut him down other than those 2 crazys never had any trouble with paypal i dont sell on ebay untill the holidays they have free listing fees then

Please use periods! Your answer was really hard to read! Get educated!

"I do hate there ebay Fee's that is why I hardly sell on their. "

Friend, in your previous post, you made 3 errors. Two were in homonym useage and the other was punctuation.
Just thought YOU would want to know.

Best wishes,
Scott

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
That's clever detection Scott and a classic example of this error in the same sentence.
It often takes a brave man to criticise or correct an American as they are in my opinion
easily offended.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
piggy said:
That's clever detection Scott and a classic example of this error in the same sentence.
It often takes a brave man to criticise or correct an American as they are in my opinion
easily offended.

You were clever, Scott, to highlight this repetitive error in the sentence. Bravery is frequently required to criticise or correct a United States citizen. In my opinion they are easily offended.

You appeared to need help to denigrate the United States.

It's simply amazing that the entire world is getting in line, and cutting the line, to come and live in our United States of America.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not mean to offend anyone with my last post. I was merely pointing out that one should not feel like it is their duty to tell someone to get educated when they have made mistakes themselves.
Some people who post on here do not use spell check. I can usually figure out what they are trying to say. Some people DO use spell check but that doesn't alleviate the grammar or useage problems. Again, I can understand what the poster is trying to say. Some people don't use punctuation or caps; again, I can figure out what it is that they are trying to say. I do not think anyone should chastise someone for their communication skills unless they have a PhD. and are employed to perform that job. But not here.

Scott

PS. I do not have a PhD. and will never bring this point up again....

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
PIG you just stuck you snout into another discussion and destroyed it with another snooty comment, and straying off topic. LIKE A PIG

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,269106.0.html

I still dont understand PP reason in this action the moneys secured, the shipping confirmned.

I had a dispute where they withdrew money as the quality of the item was filed on. (but only after the coustomer filed on it). never B-4 a sdispute was filed. that item was about 180.00.

The guy got all the way to ship it back to me and backed out of the deal. His problem wasent the item it was that he overbid. he was a real "something for nothing - - - -" i learned how to play the game alittle better from it though.

The only other thing I figure is Because your not a very active seller, or dont Have a bank account tied to PP backing up that amount. even then it doesent make sense.
The money and the confirmation should be enough.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I respect you Scott for initially speaking out but by your last post I sense
enormous restraint in an endeavour to be PC.
Remember formal education often means nothing and that the most intelligent
human on the planet is an American with no formal education who used to be
a bouncer. He now has an animal farm.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Fruit cake

Attachments

• FRUIT CAKE.jpg
    FRUIT CAKE.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 119

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
piggy said:
I respect you Scott for initially speaking out but by your last post I sense
enormous restraint in an endeavour to be PC.

Remember formal education often means nothing and that the most intelligent
human on the planet is an American with no formal education who used to be
a bouncer. He now has an animal farm.

I have no like or passion for the tomfoolery known as "politically correct."
I do however believe in civility towards all.

Thank you for your reply.
Best wishes,
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread