Never sell on Ebay again!

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
i sold a metal detector 11/11/09 on Ebay..guy paid "Buy It Now" with Paypal..and then i see there is up to a 21 day hold on my money??????????????/.Paypal got the money but wont put it in my account until buyer recieves item and gives possitive feedback!when did this crap start??? wow do i see scams comming on this one!!!iv got 100% positive feedback for 6 years buying and selling! always ship next day and never had not 1 complaint ever! be carefull guys selling on Ebay,they want to use "YOUR" money for a few days interest! iv sold my LAST item on Ebay!

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Gave up ebay a long time ago because of things just like this.

FEEbay sucks!

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Man that sucks. I've never had that happened but have had a couple people try to scam me and ebay wouldn't do anything about it. I wish the was another site to sell on.

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
I signed up for Pay Pal three times.

Every time I tried to use it, they would lock me out for some reason or another.

I just sell anything I need to on the forums.

I ask for a Postal money order and never had a problem.

Pay Pal and FleaBay are just money sponges.

S

Smee

Dixie Digger said:
i sold a metal detector 11/11/09 on Ebay..guy paid "Buy It Now" with Paypal..and then i see there is up to a 21 day hold on my money??????????????/.Paypal got the money but wont put it in my account until buyer recieves item and gives possitive feedback!when did this crap start??? wow do i see scams comming on this one!!!iv got 100% positive feedback for 6 years buying and selling! always ship next day and never had not 1 complaint ever! be carefull guys selling on Ebay,they want to use "YOUR" money for a few days interest! iv sold my LAST item on Ebay!
The first time or two you sell an item for more than $100 they do that to make sure YOU aren't a scammer. The length of time is related to the time you allow for returns (I think). For me, they held it 14 days . . . if the buyer sends positive feedback today, your money will be released today.

ac385

Jul 26, 2005
Ga
I had this happen with a LCD monitor that I sold. At the time they were doing that with all electronic items over a specific price because they considered those items as high risk. Still BS though.

OP
OP
Dixie Digger

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
yep thats what they told me,it was high risk catagory. never again!
ac385 said:
I had this happen with a LCD monitor that I sold. At the time they were doing that with all electronic items over a specific price because they considered those items as high risk. Still BS though.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I don't know what the fuss is about, you got your money.
Always complaints about scamming , this is to minimise that , you can't have it both ways.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Been a Ebay seller for over 5 yrs, and Have a store. Iv Never had that problem once, and can count on 1 Hand the coustomer problems Iv had that actually cost me money. I couldent count the disputes Ive been through and won, But 99.9% of the time my transactions are trouble free.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been buying and selling on and off on EBay for 10 years now, been using Paypal for over 9 years, never had a problem yet with either. I had one buyer, that did not ship DVD after I bought it (lost $10), the rest of the time has been incident free.

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
they hold the money for 21 days OR until the buyer gives you a positive feedback. ebay and paypal really go by the feedback feature.if buying, study the sellers feed history.as a seller, specify premiem shipping rates(expedited) and ask for prompt positive feedback upon delivery.give the buyer pos. feed promptly. pack item carefully.a buyer giving pos. feedback releases paypal funds immediately. money is transferred in 3 days after.i recommend using a seperate account for paypal.keep just the amounts intended for use.hope this helps

OP
OP
Dixie Digger

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
and so far today i still dont have my money! wont get it until he sends positive feed back..this caused me to miss a buy it now item i wanted...wont happen again!
piggy said:
Always complaints about scamming , this is to minimise that , you can't have it both ways.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
TEXAN Connection said:
Been a Ebay seller for over 5 yrs, and Have a store. Iv Never had that problem once, and can count on 1 Hand the coustomer problems Iv had that actually cost me money. I couldent count the disputes Ive been through and won, But 99.9% of the time my transactions are trouble free.

That's because your from Texas, and your a coyote slayer! ;D

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dixie Digger said:
and so far today i still dont have my money! wont get it until he sends positive feed back..this caused me to miss a buy it now item i wanted...wont happen again!
piggy said:

It's only 11/13/09, only 2 days after the md was sold.

Suggest more patience for buyer to actually receive md and have time to post positive rating.

Paypal rocks most of the time. I have had consistently good experience with them, buying and selling, for 10 years or so.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i use to run a biker leather shop here in town i had a lady try and get 3 vest and she paid for two had the paper work to prove it she spent major money to fight me the better business burea of her town and the bbbof my town called and came for a visit and i showed them the paper work for the trans action and they called her from the shop and told her you are a scammer i am here looking at the papaer work dont bother this man again goodbye and the bbs contacted paypal and they shut her down. and the some guy in denver ordered bufallo hide chaps and they were water buff hide and he sent them back after 3 weeks and demanded money back you could tell he wore the quite a bit they had salt and sweat crust and he said i am a retired army ranger i will ride there and kick your ass told him to come on down gave him adress and directions and shop hours he never came down i kept a spas 12 tactical shotgun in the shop we had some patched groups that ride through town and like to scare people with thier colors 12 guage 3 1/2 inch mag deer slug changes attitudes real quick hehe well i said nope he sent them back and sent pctures to paypal and ebay they shut him down other than those 2 crazys never had any trouble with paypal i dont sell on ebay untill the holidays they have free listing fees then

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
olepossum said:
i use to run a biker leather shop here in town i had a lady try and get 3 vest and she paid for two had the paper work to prove it she spent major money to fight me the better business burea of her town and the bbbof my town called and came for a visit and i showed them the paper work for the trans action and they called her from the shop and told her you are a scammer i am here looking at the papaer work dont bother this man again goodbye and the bbs contacted paypal and they shut her down. and the some guy in denver ordered bufallo hide chaps and they were water buff hide and he sent them back after 3 weeks and demanded money back you could tell he wore the quite a bit they had salt and sweat crust and he said i am a retired army ranger i will ride there and kick your ass told him to come on down gave him adress and directions and shop hours he never came down i kept a spas 12 tactical shotgun in the shop we had some patched groups that ride through town and like to scare people with thier colors 12 guage 3 1/2 inch mag deer slug changes attitudes real quick hehe well i said nope he sent them back and sent pctures to paypal and ebay they shut him down other than those 2 crazys never had any trouble with paypal i dont sell on ebay untill the holidays they have free listing fees then

Well, that clears it up!

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
I just completed a $300 deal off Craigslist with a guy in California and he used PayPal. No issues and only the tolerable PayPal fee, no horrible Ebay fees.

supn9

Oct 21, 2009
Dixie Digger said:

They look out for the buyers a lot more than the sellers. This has a much more positive spin for the buyer... So they keep coming back. As for sellers..its a story like yours.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell and buy on Ebay. If they are starting to hold your money until you get feedback that will bite. I always give feedback as soon as I receive my item. But I have sold stuff and have never receive the feedback from the buyer so what are they going to do keep your money. Then you get someone that buys for the 1st or 2nd time and give back low rating and this is going to hurt your selling on Ebay they are getting to many rules for the sellers and looking out for the buyer. So I have started selling on Craiglist no hassels.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread