Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goodness. Let people practice their religion as long as it doesn't involve hate. From this post, a little education might help us all. Muslim kids won't put up a picture of the prophet. That's not allowed. Cinco de Mayo is not a religious holiday, and actually it's more of an American holiday. It's big in Mexico in the town of Puebla, probably. I live in one of the most diverse areas in the world, with probably every religion you can imagine represented, and we get along real well, mainly because we're all concerned with making a living. Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormon's come knocking on my door and I always invite them in to warm up. I don't believe that way but I admire their tenacity. They all know me now and know they won't get anywhere with me, but it is a chance to warm up and visit. I have taught the Muslims to say Merry Christmas. I give them Christmas presents and at the end of Ramadan we all have a pretty good feed. And my Jehovah's Witness friends will be over here for Christmas. I'll badmouth my religion but I try to respect the religious beliefs of others if they don't try to shove it down my throat. There's a Bhuddist monk living a couple of doors down, and I don't really know how to handle Christmas with him. But anytime our religious beliefs steer towards killing people who believe differently, it's time to draw the line, cause I don't those beliefs are truly dictated by God.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
religion if it is to be true belief-- must be self chosen * not shoved or forced down ones throat -- by the threat of harm or death unless one "converts" to brand "X" religion

no one should force anyone to take part in any religion that they do not believe in -- everyone has the right to "opt" out and not take part and / or leave to a spot where the religious event is occuring at (say go to a differant room, or not take part in the service)

but the few do not have the "right" to rule over the many because "their" offended -- the majority rules *-- the few should not be forced into the many's ways of doing thingsbut then the many's ways of doing things should not be blocked by the few. -- both sides have "rights".

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The surpreme court ruled that a christmas tree was not a christian symbol and could be allowed. So where does this crazy principal get off taking it down because she and she alone felt like it.
I seriously hope she gets ran out of that school.
By the way here is her email address.

[email protected]

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
actually the evergreen tree was / is a religious symbol for druids and other nature based religions --it was adopted by the catholic church when they were converting the brits -- its pagan never dying "evergreen" status went good with the undying soul ideal in the catholic faith --it was used in the fall during the druidic winter soulstice peroid to do the "christ mass" or christmas as we call it today .

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A Principal did this----the tree is back up and here is an email she sent me

Dear Dawn,
Thank you for taking the time to email me. I am pleased to report that as a result of our community meeting this week, a Giving Tree once again decorates the halls of Bellview Elementary School. It is a Southern Oregon Peco Pine. The charitable project was never interrupted and I will deliver food and gifts to 25 families next week.

Ironically, the reason I removed the tree was to create a greater sense of inclusion in our school. That decision had exactly the opposite effect. As a leader, I have an ongoing responsibility to reflect on the results of my actions, consider diverse feedback and occasionally, change course.

Participants at our community meeting proposed ideas for a display that reflects our whole school community. Our staff reviewed them and decided that lights, snowflakes & children’s artwork will decorate the tree.

This controversy surfaced many issues that need to be addressed long-term, such as how diversity can be reflected in school displays and celebrations throughout the year. We want all children to learn about diverse traditions and cultures and feel welcomed at school. A district committee will take on this task in the spring.

All the Best,
Michelle Zundel
Principal
Bellview Elementary School

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Giving Tree" lol, yeah I'm sure thats really going to catch on.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
is she running for congress ? sounds like a bunch of political double talk, which to me is
nothing but a bunch of sh*t

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Actually it sounds like a good educator doing her best to try and include all the children in her school and help them embrace diversity in the wider world.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in other words someone higher up then her told her to put the damn tree back up before the other 99% of parents protested or worse pulled there kids out for a day.

Either way I am glad the tree is back up. In the letter I wrote her, I said I lived in Texas and that in each one of my kids classrooms they had a tree...and guess what they are called the CHRISTMAS Trees.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
here's the translation of the BS gooble gook ---
-- I removed the "christmas" tree in a fit of PC inspired panic when 1 person complained , -- caving into the sole complainer as fast as possible.

when the vast bulk of the christian tax payor population with children in our school found out how I caved in and scuttled their american "christmas" tradition and how utterly spineless I was , well lets say -- the fecal matter hit the oscillating device.

they complained to my higher ups -- you know the folks with some brains * and the smarter than me powers that be called me and they instructed me what to "call" the christmas tree via "pc" legalize terms and said to put it back up.

so our PC "renamed" giving tree / christmas tree-- was restored .

so now go away and leave me alone.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I just knew somebody else would see the political double talk
thank you Ivan

oldhermit34

Jun 21, 2007
columbus, ohio
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 50
Glad my kids are grown, I would hate to have that principal in our schools. Is this what I went to war for in 64-67? I like a Christmas tree- Holiday tree, and God help the some-one who tries to remove it from my house. Don't like it, move somewhere else. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread