A Principal did this

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One family is offended so they remove it. How about the hundreds of families that are NOW offended because the tree is gone. Guess they don't matter...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the evergreen tree is a religious symbol --druids worship it , as do several nature based religions

the evergreen tree ( since it does not die off and drop its leaves like the other normal trees do in winter) was adpoted by the cathloic church and used by them as the "christ mass" tree to help drudic brits to adopt to the catholic faith -- it helps to explain " the undying" or ever lasting life force aka as--- your soul

I agree one family whines -- everyone suffers -- tell emm buzz off you don't want to go to church fine --no ones making you -- you do not want to give or get a gift fine no one is making you .

you can "opt out" that is indeed your right you can stay seated and say nothing during the pledge when folks speak of "one nation under god" and you do not have to give or take a christmas present -- thats fine too --- but it is not your right to impose your will upon the vast majority of folks who feel otherwise , and ruin their holidays . -- the word holi day -- comes from holy day --a day off free from work to worship GOD and spend with ones family

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They should have left the tree and removed the principal.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I don't know about everyone else but I say "Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays" but not because one is more acceptable
I say it because that is what I feel. this is a time of giving, not the same as what Jesus gave up, but enough to help
out others as best I can, and to celebrate the birth of Christ

K

Kentucky Kache

Should giving be seasonal? Should love, peace and good will be seasonal?

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
That is messed up. More and more they are trying to take our traditions and rewrite our history and it makes me sick. A county near me in Va took down the nativity scene because someone complained but so many people were complaining about them taking it down that they are going to have a vote on whether to put it back up or not . At least people are starting to take a stand.
If anyone says happy holidays to me I reply what holiday would that be? Make 'em say Christmas

Jun 30, 2009
Funny, I didn't see Muslims, the ACLU, Jesus or Obama mentioned in this article at all....where do they come in again:read2:? Anyways, pretty lame to take down the tree, just a tree after all. Someone mentioned that the US was founded on Christian religion? You could say that, but we also have freedom of religion as well, thank goodness.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My child was told a couple years ago, that his class would not be having a Christmas party at school because one of the little kids in the class Jehovah Wittiness and did not celebrate Christmas. All the other classes in that grade were having a party. Bullsh!t was my answer, and I told them they were not going to punish 20 something kids because of one. That they should respect that families beliefs but that it should not interfere with others beliefs. I suggested they send the child and any others who did not want to participate to the library for the day, or let them stay home, or find a place where the children could watch movies. I have worked with individuals that were Jehovah wittiness before. It did not stop us from having our workplace celebrations, Christmas, birthdays etc. We all went ahead with it, and respected that this employee would not participate, and no one was ever offended. The school still didn't agree and said it was the teachers decision. So myself and a couple other parents showed up at the school that day, with cookies, gift bags, cupcakes, and handed them out to the kids anyway. Then I told the teacher--at lest you can tell her parents that you didn't have a party and that you couldn't really stop the other parents from bringing the goodies in. Also after Christmas break my kid will no longer be in your class. (her classroom had a tree and was decorated with Christmas stuff) Guess the parents didn't think to complain about that.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people are just nuts. One year there was a contest at City Hall to see what section or division within the city could have the best Christmas decorations. We hit on the idea of hanging our tree upside down from the ceiling and taping presents "beneath" it on the ceiling. It was really a great idea and reslly fun to do. When you walked in and saw it you almost felt like you weee upside down. The judging committee came around and I heard one of them remark, " Well, that's just sacreligious"! Of course we didn't win. But that remark was so silly I couldn't be offended. BS is the correct term I think! Monty

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
czechdetectingtours.com said:
How would you feel if a Muslim kid wanted to put a picture of Mohammed up in the classroom for Rammadan? Serious question....

I would offer to buy him plane tickets so he and his family could leave this country, and then he could attend school in a muslim country, and that is my serious answer. We don't have picture of Jesus up in school and that is fine with me even though I am a christian, but knowing how twisted this world is becoming they probably would allow a muslim kid to put up a pic of mohammed so they wouldn't offend him.

K

Kentucky Kache

Though I don't celebrate Christmass (it's not Christian), it doesn't offend me that others do.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
anyone can "opt" out --the many should not be allowed to force the the few to take part against their will --I am 100 % down with that ideal --you do not have to do anything religious that is against your beliefs --you have the right to "opt" --you can exclude yourself from the event this is "your rights"-- however the many should not be held hostage by the one this is their "right" --the right of the many to celebrate their "holidays" --(holy days) as they see fit

if the arabic kid wants to speak about "his" religion hes free to do so --as the christian majority do not do rammadon -- the one vs the many rule applies -- the one should not tell the many --whats what --

no one has to take part in any thing --if one objects -- just sit down and shut up -- or say in advance it offends you and ask to sit elsewhere while it occurs --in other words you do not "have to" take part --do not swear the pledge allegiance , or say one nation under god --and do not handle us money --(it has the word god on it )

but this does not mean you can run the show for everyone and everything just because your "bothered" by something

whats next -- no pork chops in the lunch room because pork being around offends the muslim kids ?-- or how about no meat at all since meat eating offends vegan type kids -- where does the madness end ?-- eazy just like food --you don"t like it --do not put it on your plate --its there and offered true --but its your choice to take it or not -- you don't like it then do not pick it up and put it on your tray and in your mouth .

Jun 30, 2009
txkickergirl said:
czechdetectingtours.com said:
How would you feel if a Muslim kid wanted to put a picture of Mohammed up in the classroom for Rammadan? Serious question....

I would offer to buy him plane tickets so he and his family could leave this country, and then he could attend school in a muslim country, and that is my serious answer. We don't have picture of Jesus up in school and that is fine with me even though I am a christian, but knowing how twisted this world is becoming they probably would allow a muslim kid to put up a pic of mohammed so they wouldn't offend him.

What if it was a picture of Mohammed wearing a Bart Simpson t-shirt?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
if a muslim kid converted a picture of mohammad into a bart simpson wearing image most likely he would be killed by fellow muslims for it --

question--- isn't copying the human image (idol worship) prohibited by the koran? and the torah as well? -- no image of a human is to be made and worshipped

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Atheists can go to hell !
[That was a joke].

They have been pulling this crap for years, every year its something else.
Targets, Walmarts ect yank any reference to "Christmas" at their stores or in advertising, I think that was the big thing last year.
Also was watching about a school which banned candy canes, and just about anything else associated with Xmas.

The ACLU had my cities nativity in front of the city hall hauled down a few years back.
By the next year, the city sold that patch of ground to a private individual, the display was up as usual, and apparently there wasn't anything the commies could do about it, cause it wasn't city owned anymore.

Oh heres the link to the candy cane banning - Liberals, beware. Its Fox.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579662,00.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread