dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
I was a little disappointed that SARS ,Monkeypox, and West Nile didn't live up to their billing either. Media fear sells. To their defense, nobody said a pandemic isn't survivable.

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
I had H1N1 early into the scare. It was pretty bad settling into the respiratory system. It was not as bad as billed though.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been offered this anti virus shot from my Dr. I am really very unsure whether I should have it or not.

U.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unicorn, I had the shot, no big deal, no side effects at all, and I am 61......

Hummm, so a few people are upset there wasn't a pandemic, and that the death toll wasn't higher? :dontknow:

I myself am happy it wasn't, every flu that pops up and peters out helps train more people, sharpens the readiness for the one that may one day not peter out....... :icon_thumright:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
The doc I see pushed the flu shot pretty hard, then dropped the matter quickly.
A month or so later I did get a flu bug, and have nearly recovered from it after 3 weeks or so, on my own.

Even the MSM 'news' is declaring H1N1 has kinda fizzled...

Back at the turn of the last century, the Spanish Flu made the rounds and killed a bunch of folks and went away.
Then it came back with a vengeance and wrought a LOT of havoc.

It's really unknown what these critters will do, as their capability to mutate can be astounding.

Our growth in population, and frequent global transport presents great opportunity to these bugs.

Just something we have to accept.

Best
rmptr

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
I had it in November. It isn't any fun at all.... I was totally knocked out for two days straight. Didn't feel good for about 2 weeks. I would have gotten the shot if it would have been offered to me.

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread