Gold has always hated my coil, but now it hates me!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lately I've been wearing my 10k chain more and more and for weeks my neck has been very dry and irritated. I was sick for a bit during that time and just thought it was somehow related to not feeling well. For many days just by coincidence I didn't wear it, and all seemed normal, but once I started again the same thing happened. Turns out it's extremely unlikely I have an allergy to gold, and very likely it's the nickel mixed to make the 10k. It's funny I've owned watches and chains for years and it never bothered me, so I am not sure if this is just something that came on all of a sudden (and it can), or I was just unaware prior because I tend to pick and choose times to wear a watch or chain, and it's usually just for a few hours.

I never would have imagined I'd be allergic to "gold". I guess I won't be able to wear it much, but will keep digging for it. :thumbsup:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Iron Patch said:
Lately I've been wearing my 10k chain more and more and for weeks my neck has been very dry and irritated. I was sick for a bit during that time and just thought it was somehow related to not feeling well. For many days just by coincidence I didn't wear it, and all seemed normal, but once I started again the same thing happened. Turns out it's extremely unlikely I have an allergy to gold, and very likely it's the nickel mixed to make the 10k. It's funny I've owned watches and chains for years and it never bothered me, so I am not sure if this is just something that came on all of a sudden (and it can), or I was just unaware prior because I tend to pick and choose times to wear a watch or chain, and it's usually just for a few hours.

I never would have imagined I'd be allergic to "gold". I guess I won't be able to wear it much, but will keep digging for it. :thumbsup:

It hasn't been just your neck that's been irritating......pretty much all of you :laughing9:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:

It hasn't been just your neck that's been irritating......pretty much all of you :laughing9:

So what you're saying is in your eyes I'm golden. ;D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:

Yes you are IP :-*

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:

Think I'll have to switch my chain for a string and wear one of my "many" cartwheels. :laughing7:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:

Think I'll have to switch my chain for a string and wear one of my "many" cartwheels. :laughing7:

Or buy some real gold :laughing7:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:

Yep, unfortunately it would have to be 18k and 50 grams of that ain't too cheap! I think I'm ok wearing the cheap stuff, but just once in a while like I've always done. :thumbsup:

Had I known this way back when I bought the chain I would have puchased 18k. I'd now be up many hundreds too.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:

Yep, unfortunately it would have to be 18k and 50 grams of that ain't too cheap! I think I'm ok wearing the cheap stuff, but just once in a while like I've always done. :thumbsup:

Had I known this way back when I bought the chain I would have puchased 18k. I'd now be up many hundreds too.

You're not wrong there IP :o

Makes you eel a bit sick when you look at it like that :-\ Perhaps that's the problem :laughing9:

I didn't know you did Mr T as well :laughing7:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:

Makes you eel a bit sick when you look at it like that :-\ Perhaps that's the problem :laughing9:

I said 50 grams... not 15 pounds. ;D

Did you know they got so sick of dealing with the process of putting his gold on for the A-team they created one big fake piece with everything stuck together so it would be easy.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:

Did you know they got so sick of dealing with the process of putting his gold on for the A-team they created one big fake piece with everything stuck together so it would be easy.

Was it real to begin with then?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:

Yes. I believe the story goes he eventually sold it because he felt it was not right wearing that much bling when so many people have nothing. He apparently had his own bad times so that may have been a contributing factor as well.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:

Yes. I believe the story goes he eventually sold it because he felt it was not right wearing that much bling when so many people have nothing. He apparently had his own bad times so that may have been a contributing factor as well.

I bet he wished he had it now :o

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:

I bet he wished he had it now :o

That is for sure!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I have ultra high acidic body sweat --I will turn sterling silver items that come in contact with my skin ink black in 1 day * I can sort copper nickle from / silver coins easily -- because silver coins feels "greasy" to me .

lots of folks have "problems" with nickle used to alloy lower 10 kt gold --foreign made 10 kt jewelry often has many "undesirible" metals mixed in without folks knowing it . --

normally if you got "metal" issues --you have to go to at least 18 kt gold level to stop them

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
Let me know if this means you will be selling your open collar silk shirts.

Let's pray that your chest hair does not start falling out next!

But I'll always have my pizza.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
IP don't take any chances. Your allergies might get worse. You can send you gold to me and I'll take care of it for you.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vayank54 said:
IP don't take any chances. Your allergies might get worse. You can send you gold to me and I'll take care of it for you.

Do you want my watches too? They're much better than the chain! :tongue3:

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Iron Patch said:
vayank54 said:

Do you want my watches too? They're much better than the chain! :tongue3:
Yeah just to help you out I'll take the watches too. You never know your allergies might expand to more metals. You had better send me some of those old plates you have. I'd hate to see your problems worsen just because you have old metal stuff lying around all over the place :laughing7:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions