Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :o :o

Do you have to have fishing licences in America :dontknow:

SS

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
yes in most places one is needed, I guess its ok if you have a boat and nets and pay a lot of taxs, most state lic.'s help pay for stocking and fish ladders and the like.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allan said:
yes in most places one is needed, I guess its ok if you have a boat and nets and pay a lot of taxs, most state lic.'s help pay for stocking and fish ladders and the like.
Were doe's the revenue go from the licences :dontknow:

SS

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishing for me is a way of life. Whats next have a booth at every Lake, Or river and charge by the inch, or by the pound. Instead of selling a lisence.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
allan said:

SS

The revenue from sport fishing licenses goes to fish and wildlife consrevation and restoration.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
Silver Searcher said:
allan said:

SS

The revenue from sport fishing licenses goes to fish and wildlife consrevation and restoration.
This is my point, if he bans fishing were will the money come from, for conservation and restoration :icon_scratch: doe's not make sence bringing in a ban :icon_scratch:
The rivers in the UK would be in a poor state if it wern't for fisherman paying the licence fee, also polutions are usually first reported by fisherman, enabling the authorities to act quickly.
I hope he does not ban fishing for your sakes, and the rivers :'(

SS

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought mine a couple hours ago Silver and it's only good in California. Cost me $41.50 for the "plain" license and $12.85 for the 2-pole stamp. The main reason I get the 2-pole stamp to put on my license is in case I'm fishing with a grandkid and he/she needs help. I don't want some power-hungry game warden giving me a ticket for using more than one pole. This license won't cover everything. Can't get abalone with it and some salmon. Of couse salmon fishing is cut way back so it doesn't matter anyway. Stamp is only good 'til 12/31/2010 so 2 months has already been wasted. Fishing as a recreation for the common, working stiff is getting pretty costly but, if they cut off or outprice fishing for me and mine, it won't bother me one bit to pollute the crap out of the rich boys playground! :thumbsup:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
btw, for a few years California had a so-called Delta Enhancement stamp that EVERY fishing license had to have if you fished in the Sacramento River. It was found that a lot of these funds were diverted to other, non-Delta projects, so, it was exposed as another government scam. We don't need one this year. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm What they should have had to do was reimburse everyone that was forced to buy that ridiculous stamp and they should have put a few of those government bureaucrats behind bars. Then they would think before spending our money.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
I just bought mine a couple hours ago Silver and it's only good in California. Cost me $41.50 for the "plain" license and $12.85 for the 2-pole stamp. The main reason I get the 2-pole stamp to put on my license is in case I'm fishing with a grandkid and he/she needs help. I don't want some power-hungry game warden giving me a ticket for using more than one pole. This license won't cover everything. Can't get abalone with it and some salmon. Of couse salmon fishing is cut way back so it doesn't matter anyway. Stamp is only good 'til 12/31/2010 so 2 months has already been wasted. Fishing as a recreation for the common, working stiff is getting pretty costly but, if they cut off or outprice fishing for me and mine, it won't bother me one bit to pollute the crap out of the rich boys playground! :thumbsup:
Do you need a licence for fishing from a boat with a rod and line...at sea :dontknow:

SS

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes SS, you need a seperate one for fishing in saltwater.

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Well I guess I will have to be a law breaker, cause there will not be anything to do but fish in the near future. No jobs, & wait until this bullsh*& health bill goes into place. Hell already in California Medicaid & medicare are already cutting benefits and it will only get worse. When the Pres & his staff along with all of the other elected officials are willing to be covered by the same rules, I will go along happily.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
Yes SS, you need a seperate one for fishing in saltwater.
That's shocking :o :o nothing like that here

SS

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fish all the time.

I will never bow down to some government decree like that, just like I would not stop hunting.

When government becomes that intrusive into the rights of it's people it's time to get a new government.

I have to agree with Thoreau when he wrote: "I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the very highest respect for the law"

At my age I would gladly go to jail over this because I ain't about to stop doing what I do.

I can just see Homeland Security having a top ten list of felony fishermen

As a veteran I am already on their watch list so what the heck, in for a penny in for a pound :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread