spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever since the second grade I was always the class clown. I had to use the first grade to get an education. Anyway, one of my best moments was in Junior High, when I was joking around in the music class. The teacher said "What are you, some sort of clown"? Being the quick wit I was just relied "No, I am a comedian. We get paid more". Those two little sentences earned me detention. ;D Funny thing is that I never learned my lesson and would have it no other way. I never did these things to be disrespectful, I just wanted to be funny. For some reason the teacher's never saw it that way and perhaps they could have encouraged me for a career along that path.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Ever since the second grade I was always the class clown. I had to use the first grade to get an education. Anyway, one of my best moments was in Junior High, when I was joking around in the music class. The teacher said "What are you, some sort of clown"? Being the quick wit I was just relied "No, I am a comedian. We get paid more". Those two little sentences earned me detention. ;D Funny thing is that I never learned my lesson and would have it no other way. I never did these things to be disrespectful, I just wanted to be funny. For some reason the teacher's never saw it that way and perhaps they could have encouraged me for a career along that path.

Sure the teacher thought it was funny, but only when telling the story to other teachers, friends, etc.. I was pretty bad too... One that sticks out in my mind is we were told by the English teacher to pick any topic and write a couple of pages on it. So I chose to write on how annoying gum is when it gets stuck to things such as in your hair, or under you shoe, etc.. Once finished I took this huge blob of gum out of my mouth and stuck it between the pages. :laughing7: I think I got a B+ and I kid you not, with the comment "Very Creative." That pretty much shows how they just wanted to get rid of me by then.

B

BigDan

Big mouth honesty policy

I say what comes to mind. In the sixth grade three friends and I were working on the clubhouse. Jay wouldn't stop bossing the rest of us around. What, were we his "crew"? Eventually our refusals to follow his commands led to him becoming angry and leaving. We complained loudly about Jay as we continued to build. Eventually we climbed down from the clubhouse and Jay jumped out from hiding and said, "I heard everything you guys said about me!"

I just asked, "Wanna hear it again?" Then two friends and I had this clubhouse... ;D

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
So I chose to write on how annoying gum is when it gets stuck to things such as in your hair, or under you shoe, etc.. Once finished I took this huge blob of gum out of my mouth and stuck it between the pages. :laughing7: I think I got a B+ and I kid you not, with the comment "Very Creative." That pretty much shows how they just wanted to get rid of me by then.

That is what I am talking about, at least the teacher saw the humor the whole situation. I think for being a 6th grader, that was indeed cleaver.

BigDan, I love your comeback line. "Wanna hear it again". I know I've said that several times too, or the old "clean out your ears". It may be be original, but it's sure as hell effective. Snappy comebacks are one of my favorite forms of entertainment.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I know the feeling, I don't think a school day passed in 7th grade where at least one teacher
didn't paddle my butt and one of them was a neighbor. At least he didn't tell my Dad, I'd
rather take the swats in school than deal with him about mis-behaving.

B

BigDan

Swats on the rear? My school was so tough...

Forth grade, at recess I slipped on the ice and hit the back of my head, hard. When back in class, for some reason I started crying. The teacher couldn't get me to stop. She took me to the principle who questioned me, and I guess I kept crying and gave him nonsense answers, (at least that was what he said later for his reasoning for his next course of action)

He took out a wooden paddle, had me pull my pants down, and gave me something to cry about, several times. That didn't work and finally they called my parents. My Mother took me to the Doctor...I had a concussion.

Paddled at school for having a concussion? Like I said, tough school.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Re: Swats on the rear? My school was so tough...

BigDan said:
Forth grade, at recess I slipped on the ice and hit the back of my head, hard. When back in class, for some reason I started crying. The teacher couldn't get me to stop. She took me to the principle who questioned me, and I guess I kept crying and gave him nonsense answers, (at least that was what he said later for his reasoning for his next course of action)

He took out a wooden paddle, had me pull my pants down, and gave me something to cry about, several times. That didn't work and finally they called my parents. My Mother took me to the Doctor...I had a concussion.

Paddled at school for having a concussion? Like I said, tough school.
Tough school ...... mebbie . Teachers met our busses every morning and took our guns and knives away . Gave them back before we boarded the evening busses cause they knew we'd need em to get home .
Then there was the after school function where we lassoed the principal and tried to hang him .............
'Nother story for another time .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread