spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This took place in the early 70's when I was working at 1 Broadway. The Swine flu was a big think back then and my company had arranged for everyone to get a Swine flu shot if they wanted it. I opted in as you did get some time away from the desk, so I was there.

My office had about 30 people in it, and there were about 300 employees for the whole company. I would say that over 2/3 of my office went for the shot, and that included one young guy that had a multitude of health issues. He was the nicest guy in the office, but was already over medicated. He had several issues and was on way too many prescription drugs just to function. One of the problems he was always on the verge of a nervous breakdown, had some sort of nerve condition (like Parkinson's) poor stomach, etc... He was really a mess and everyone felt sorry for him.

Anyway, we were sent downstairs to receive our shots and were told by the nurse that sometimes you would get a reaction to the shot, without being specific. We got our shots before lunch and went back to the office. By lunch the poor guy who was always ill started having a bad reaction, broke out into sweats and was lightheaded. He was soon sent home by cab, courtesy of my company. I have to admit back then, this company really took good care of its employees.

As soon as he left my friend was also getting some symptoms, real, or not I was never sure. So I started to play into his symptoms, saying that I was feeling the same way, nauseous and lightheaded. I kept it up with him for well over an hour, saying I was getting worse. Believe it, or not, so was he ;D I was now going to everyone and telling them at 3:00 just look at me and get ready for a joke. From 2:00 on, I made it clear I was not well. I would walk by the front of his desk and stand there like I was in a daze and about to drop. By now I had informed most of the office except of the Manager, one supervisor and one other co-worker that I thought I had told. As the time got closer to 3:00 I was able to see most of the office always taking a peek at what I was doing.

At 3:00 I grabbed a stack of bills that needed to be perforated and headed off to the machine that was almost directly ahead of my target. When I got up I made sure I had his attention as I approached the machine. There was a swivel chair in front of the machine, so I decided to fall over the chair pulling it to the ground and just laid there. The one guy I didn't tell was right next to me and he nearly freaked out, jumping up and trying to help me. I laid there for about 5 seconds, got up and dusted myself off and looked at my friend and asked "How do you feel now Miguel"? I tell you I have never seen an olive skinned person turn so white. The whole office started laughing at him too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions