If I could go back in time...............

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.........I'd relive 35 to 45. I'd learned enough the hard way to make better decisions and I was still in great physical shape and capable of doing anything I wanted. Now at age 52 my mind is just as active and my desires are still the same, but things sure come much harder! And "yes"....I'm fully aware that it only goes down hill from here so please don't remind me. :laughing7:
So if you could go back? And why?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to go back to yesterday. Then I wouldn't drink as much beer as I did and I'd go to bed before 1:30am. Today would be so much nicer! :P

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
HI: Scoop. Only 52?? Whatcha complaining about? You can still out run the gals.

Don Jose de La Mancha

No! No I can't! Anymore I have to watch what I say because they can run me down, or over. :laughing7:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: :laughing9:

I would go back to all Crusaders sites :laughing9: and clear them before he got there :laughing7:

SS

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
I'd like to go back to yesterday. Then I wouldn't drink as much beer as I did and I'd go to bed before 1:30am. Today would be so much nicer! :P

For no particular reason I just sorta quit drinking, not much social life anymore I suppose. Then about 2 weeks ago my neighbor threw a block party so I had my fill of beer and some other stuff that I'm certain came from a still. Anyway, the next day I was totally shot. Whooo, not looking forward to doing that again anytime soon. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
bigscoop said:
.........I'd relive 35 to 45. I'd learned enough the hard way to make better decisions and I was still in great physical shape and capable of doing anything I wanted. Now at age 52 my mind is just as active and my desires are still the same, but things sure come much harder! And "yes"....I'm fully aware that it only goes down hill from here so please don't remind me. :laughing7:
So if you could go back? And why?

noooo I am already 53 and hubby is 55 and we have just started to live....the day is how you make it...and days make up your life...NOW GO OUT AND TAKE THE TIGER BY IT'S TAIL AND OWN IT!!! God's blessings.

Don't get me wrong, I still put to risk the few bones I've never broken! :laughing7:

razyn_kayn

Greenie
Nov 2, 2008
Greenville, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I have several more yrs left until I get into the age range you mention but it definitely makes me stop and think a bit more when I see people like yourself talking about wishing they could "go back" to the years that I'm getting ready to go go into. I hope that I'm able to slow myself down often enough so that i don't take those lessons for granted.

F

Felinepeachy

razyn_kayn said:
I have several more yrs left until I get into the age range you mention but it definitely makes me stop and think a bit more when I see people like yourself talking about wishing they could "go back" to the years that I'm getting ready to go go into. I hope that I'm able to slow myself down often enough so that i don't take those lessons for granted.

Well I would say that you are wise beyond your years for having even recognized it. Good for you :wink:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im 46 and looking foward to chasing red around the house when im eighty !!!! Except ill probably need a walker!!! and need to watch out for the tazer!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
If I could go back in time, I would go back about a week before a famous treasure find and bring it back for a happily ever after. But at 73 and still very active, I subscribe to the James Dean theory" Dream as if your live forever, and live as if your die today."

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
High school. :o

So many girls, so little time. ::)

M

miser

If I could go back with the wisdom I have now (however little that really is), I'd go back to 18 and do the whole shebang all over again.

Message from old self to young self: when you meet a girl named Erica, run.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
mcgearhead said:
I would go back and hide all of the hot rods that I used to own. Then come back to this time, and sell them and retire !!! Who knew all those old cars would be worth so much money today ?
I hear ya ! Had a Ford flathead 8 with a custom 8 Stromberg 97 carb with progressive linkage manifold and carbs from a transporter . Got swapped out for a ohv Caddie v8 .
What would a restorer give for a hunk of iron like that today ?

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe I didn't understand the question, or don't understand the answers.
I'll be 60 in a month. I own a 1 man Air Conditioning company. I go on roofs, crawl under houses and in the attics. On Saturdays, I like walking the hills metal detecting for gold. I know I'm slowing down and don't like it.
Would I like to be 18 again in 2010? NO! I'd rather be my age back in the 50's and 60's! I know my parents had things to worry about (alot of people were building their own bomb shelters), but they were worried about crap coming from outside the country. Enough said on that.

Something I've always wondered- Knowing what you know today, if you were transported back 100 years or 200 years, could you build an internal combustion engine? could you make your own gunpowder? make a radio to talk to someone over the hill? build a fire with a couple of sticks? and on and on-

I know alot of people who probably couldn't survive on their own; I'm pretty sure I could survive, but as for some of the above questions- I couldn't. Have taken way too many things for granted; buy something and use it, not knowing actually how it's made and how it works. Enough said-

Just thoughts, Good night!
Shep

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'If I could go back in time...' One of my favorite things to daydream about. But if I did, you know I would do it step by step day by day exactly to the letter as it already was. Wish I could make it different or make it better, but that's the way it would be. It would be cool to see all my family that have passed again, but I'll see them again someday anyway, so what's the point. I'm 56 this year. I heard that story about being all downhill after whatever age. I ain't seein it. I don't feel any different than when I was 26. I wish my hair would turn gray instead of fallin out. I still get up and go to work every day and ain't never called in sick a day in my life. So I don't know about the 'getting old part'. I have noticed that most of the folks that were my real friends have pretty much passed. Car wrecks, gunfights, diabetes, heart attacks, whatever. I'm afraid I'm one of them guys that will just drop dead on the spot one day. And please Lord, take me whenever, but don't let me live to a 150 or somethin, and I would prefer to not die with my boots on, but if I do, let me take a bunch of them with me.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I'd go back to age 10...and this time treat my mum (mom) how she should have been treated,meaning a hell of a lot better! She's still alive,but not for much longer. The things we take for granted eh?

traderoftreasures

Bronze Member
May 9, 2009
central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
white's spectrum VX3
if i could go back in time... i would go to about 2001 or 2002 when rhodium was around 300 an ounce, i would have asked all of you for a loan, and sold it all in 2008 when it was at 10300 an ounce. we could of bought back united states and partied like it was 1777 :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread