Heat & Humidity....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heat & Humidity....

Been a long time since I've seen a spring and summer this hot & humid in Indiana. Garden is booming but so is the grass and weeds and it seems I'm having to mow and trim every few days. I don't mind the heat but, "enough with the rain!" My favorite smallmouth stream has been muddy and out of its banks all year, can't even go do any cool wading and fly floating, not even bought this year's fishing license yet......makes me feel like a sinner. The lake's high and out of it's banks and there's all sorts of floating debris, just walking to the water's edge is inviting the squadrons of mosquitos to attack. I went into my basement yesterday and the humidity was 91%, never seen it above 75 to 85% before. Had to dig out the old dehumidifier and put it in use again. The darn air is so thick outside and there's no salt aroma or sandy beach to go along with it. It just ain't right! Rain, rain, go away!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Heat & Humidity....

bigscoop said:
Been a long time since I've seen a spring and summer this hot & humid in Indiana. Garden is booming but so is the grass and weeds and it seems I'm having to mow and trim every few days. I don't mind the heat but, "enough with the rain!" My favorite smallmouth stream has been muddy and out of its banks all year, can't even go do any cool wading and fly floating, not even bought this year's fishing license yet......makes me feel like a sinner. The lake's high and out of it's banks and there's all sorts of floating debris, just walking to the water's edge is inviting the squadrons of mosquitos to attack. I went into my basement yesterday and the humidity was 91%, never seen it above 75 to 85% before. Had to dig out the old dehumidifier and put it in use again. The darn air is so thick outside and there's no salt aroma or sandy beach to go along with it. It just ain't right! Rain, rain, go away!

Even at 75% you probably should be running the dehumidifier. I also use a fan to circulate the air.

It's usually just July & Aug. we get any serious humidity here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread