The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not making light of this tradegy, it is just intriguing. What happened, or what will the troopers discover?

Brothers collide in head-on crash in Oregon
Wed Jul 14, 2:49 pm ET

PORTLAND, Ore. – State police in Oregon say two brothers collided in a head-on crash that left one of the men critically injured and his wife dead.

Lt. Pat Ashmore says a tow truck driven by 25-year-old John Arthur Harvey late Tuesday struck a Toyota Corolla driven by his 20-year-old brother, Westun Lee Harvey. The crash happened south of Hood River, a small town east of Portland.

Westun Harvey was critically injured in the crash, and his wife, 28-year-old Rosario Harvey, was killed.

Ashmore says it appears both drivers crossed the center line before the collision.

State troopers based in The Dalles are continuing the investigation.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either real bad luck, or both had tempers and one was really stupid.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iron Patch said:
Either real bad luck, or both had tempers and one was really stupid.

Sure sounds that way to me. But that's me.
Al

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to have "friends" that would swerve over the line at me, "just joking around ya know". Pretty stupid and irritated me to no end when it happened. Fortunately they either grew up or moved on. Maybe they were just fooling around. :-\

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to put on my Sherlock Holmes hat and ponder this situation and get back to you. I can tell you one thing right off the bat, anyone having Lee Harvey in their name, their life will be far from normal. :icon_thumleft:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
John was having an affair with Rosario and she ended it when Westun found out. John wanted them both dead...Westun wanted John dead!
Stranger things happen.

or..

Both recognized each others vehicles, and both had the same idea of playing chicken at the same time!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
John was having an affair with Rosario and she ended it when Westun found out. John wanted them both dead...Westun wanted John dead!
Stranger things happen.

or..

Both recognized each others vehicles, and both had the same idea of playing chicken at the same time!

Hey, don't rain on my parade :laughing9: I would have gone with option #2 :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dano Sverige said:
Stranger things happen.

or..

The latter was my assumption as well. I guess neither wanted to give in to the bro. Otherwise, a freaky coincidence, but I doubt it.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update... This had me interesting so I researched the story a bit more and it seems we were wrong in our assumptions.

Upon police investigation it appears that Westun had just bought a $500,000 insurance policy approximately two ago. The autopsy also showed that Rosario had a blood alcohol level of 1. 04 that made her legally drunk. Further it was determined that she was the only one not wearing a seat belt from either car. Police are now looking into murder and insurance fraud charges against the two brother's.

The investigation is ongoing...

WOW

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
spartacus53 said:
Update... This had me interesting so I researched the story a bit more and it seems we were wrong in our assumptions.

Upon police investigation it appears that Westun had just bought a $500,000 insurance policy approximately two ago. The autopsy also showed that Rosario had a blood alcohol level of 1. 04 that made her legally drunk. Further it was determined that she was the only one not wearing a seat belt from either car. Police are now looking into murder and insurance fraud charges against the two brother's.

The investigation is ongoing...

WOW

Hmm..that's a VERY dangerous and uncertain way to collect on an insurance policy! Also pretty idiotic as the police were bound to be suspicious with it being two brothers involved in the first place..which was our initial thought and reason for the post?
Just because you insure your loved ones life for a large amount doesn't mean you want them dead. What are your own loved ones lives worth to you money wise?
I think this "insurance" thing is too easy an excuse for police in these situations. Having said that,sure,lots of people do kill for insurance policies. Who knows? :dontknow:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These guys are not only brothers, but it appears they are sharing a faulty brain. You have to be really stupid to come up with a plan like that; that is, if they did do it.

I can't wait to see what else they uncover on these 2 rocket scientists. :laughing7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
himmm to me looks like --the one "bother" (WESTUN) buys a $500,000 policy on his wife (ROSARIO) , thn later on gets her totally drunk , puts her or gets her to get into thier on car passenger side (making sure she not "buckled" in of course )--then he heads down the road where hes arranged for the other brother JOHN whos driving a big tow truck --to go left of the center line crash into em --hopefully killing the wife in the process (for the $500,000) insurance money) -- JOHN OR WESTUN SCREWS UP GOING TOO 'HEAD ON" IN THE CRASH -- WESTUN GET SERIOUSLY HURT AS WELL AS ROSARIO KILLED ( HUMMM GOTTA WONDER ****did john plan to kill both rosario and westun in the crash and then get all the insurance money for himself as westun's "next of kin"?) -- if rosario dies first then westun gets the cash , and if westun then dies A FEW SECONDS LATER -- his "estate" gets the $500,000 which would go to his "next of kin" or did the "BASIC" plan just screw up?

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man, I had no idea that this hypothetical could turn into this mind-bender. What complete fools!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good god, this story is like the gift that keeps on giving.

"Today police obtained a warrant to search the vehicle of Westun Lee Harvey and found his jacket with what is purported to be a suicide letter from Rosario".

"Officials believe the handwriting to be that of a female, but are unable at this time to confirm the actual hand". "Handwriting analysts are currently comparing Rosario's samples".

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
might have held her at gun point , made her write the "suicide" note -- then the nitwit figgered out that most insurance policys have a 2 year no pay in case of suicide clause -- so then he forced her to drink the booze piled her into the car and got his brother to help stage the "accident"--- except it did not work out the way he planned it to.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
¨"Over the legal drink limit"...does not make a drunk. A blood alcohol level of 1.04 ? In a country where DUI is the 2nd biggest national pastime is that considered needing help to be put in a car and not concious enough to realise your seat belt isn't on?
If these 2 did it for the money then they need the next spot on "Americas dumbest criminals"!!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that alcohol level has me wondering too :icon_scratch: I wonder if she is a really slight woman, then it would make some sense.. Well maybe.. :dontknow:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
game of chicken? we had a friend who's boy killed a motorcycle rider doing just this. Hope not...so sad.

That is one expensive game of chicken, winner gets $500,000 :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread