spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there are several here that would put themselves in harms way just for the rush. :tongue3: Although this will not be the situation, I would like to see how you would handle the following. All I ask is that you be real macho.

You're in the final innings of a million dollar softball game and the brutes from both teams have broken all the bats like toothpicks. What do you do???

I will reply with the correct answer, if there are no correct replies in the first 3 posts...

If something is posted along my line of reasoning and is not exact, I will give full credit

Have some fun with it :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gezzz, this is really sad. Not even close, or on the right track for that matter. Don't sit there eating corn and drinking beer when 1 million is on the line :angry5:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking around the field I notice a few young trees with a diameter close to that of a bat. Without breaking a sweat I pull the tree from the ground, roots and all. Sizing up a straight section of truck I snap off the excess tree and step up to the plate with my newly made bat just before hitting a home run.

Now, about this million bucks......... :evil5:

EdleBrock

Nov 5, 2007
>>All I ask is that you be real macho.

Tear an arm off the umpire and swing away...

EDIT: On second thought, tear both off, one for each team...there I doubled the machoness...

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EdleBrock said:

EDIT: On second thought, tear both off, one for each team...there I doubled the machoness...

Well, this is close enough to my answer although not macho.. Just rethink it a little bit :icon_thumleft:

EdleBrock

Nov 5, 2007
spartacus53 said:
EdleBrock said:

Well, this is close enough to my answer although not macho.. Just rethink it a little bit :icon_thumleft:

I like Beeps answer better...there's some macho in that one...

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
Tear off your left arm and swing it with your right. :coffee2: :tongue3:

That is actually the correct answer with a grade of 100% congrats Beep :icon_thumleft:

My full answers was: Rip off my left arm and use it for a bat and play the rest of the game one handed.

Edle Brock, You were on the right track, just off a smidgen.. that is why I gave the clue that you were on the right track.

I am sure there are other suitable answers as well, so long as they are sick. :laughing9: :laughing9:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Isn't softball a team game? Doesn't the team get the 1 million dollars?
Sorry but i'm afraid i'd be ripping off the captains left arm and using it,and then buy him a Rolex from the winnings.If he's right handed then he can't wear the watch anyhow and you can then keep it for yourself with his...blessings! :headbang: :hello2:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
Isn't softball a team game? Doesn't the team get the 1 million dollars?
Sorry but i'm afraid i'd be ripping off the captains left arm and using it,and then buy him a Rolex from the winnings.If he's right handed then he can't wear the watch anyhow and you can then keep it for yourself with his...blessings! :headbang: :hello2:

Love that British accent in your typing :tongue3:

Let me bring you up to speed. Yes, softball is a team game, but unlike baseball little skill is required to play it, as the ball alone is the size of a grapefruit. It is also a sport for middle aged, overweight and out of shape men for the most part. All you have to do once the ball is hit, is to hobble around the bases that covers a smaller area than that of baseball. In this case you appeared to be on the right track too, but unfortunately the captain was a slightly built guy and his arm if used as a bat would have snapped like a toothpick too :icon_thumleft:

Close, but no apple, or star for you :laughing9:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Typed with an English accent? lol.
Ya mean cuz ah typed it in English an dint wan 2 type lik dis ? :laughing9:

...Rip the arm off the opposing teams captain then maybe? That'd be "macho"! :headbang:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:

...Rip the arm off the opposing teams captain then maybe? That'd be "macho"! :headbang:

Nope, I just detect a Midlands accent, that's all. I do have good hearing. And before you ask, yes, my computer does talk!! Picks up most dialects spoken. I can read that second line easily too, I am 100% proficient in "jive" :icon_thumleft:

Ahh, ripping the opposing captains arm off, is indeed macho, but still wrong. The correct answer is being mucho macho and ripping off your own arm. You can always duct tape it back after the game until you decide if and when you want to let a doctor have a look at it. Yea, I saying it, I'm built "Ford" tough :laughing9:

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Soft Ball.....Broken Wooden Bats........eeerrrrr those two just don't seem to go together....do they?.. :dontknow: Maybe soft ball, and hard ball, mean two different things over here... :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

U.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not macho, but for a million clams...

I'd just go get one of the ALUMINUM bats since all of the wooden ones were broken.

Best,
Scott

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
spartacus53 said:
Dano Sverige said:

Nope, I just detect a Midlands accent, that's all. I do have good hearing. And before you ask, yes, my computer does talk!! Picks up most dialects spoken. I can read that second line easily too, I am 100% proficient in "jive" :icon_thumleft:

Ahh, ripping the opposing captains arm off, is indeed macho, but still wrong. The correct answer is being mucho macho and ripping off your own arm. You can always duct tape it back after the game until you decide if and when you want to let a doctor have a look at it. Yea, I saying it, I'm built "Ford" tough :laughing9:

God forbid i ever speak with a midlands accent! :laughing9:
I'm a bit further north...Manchester. Youtube an interview with the group "Oasis", i sound like them..unfortunately!! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread