Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Practicing & where do you draw the line

What I love most is being a professional in business where you "practice" your work. The 2 professions that jump to my mind are law and medicine. Here are two important areas where you can get a license to practice.. Is it just me, or would it be best to give these licenses after they have finished practicing. :icon_scratch:

Anyway, not being a medical professional, or even tried practicing this field in the past, I think I may have over stepped my bounds and will have to turn myself in to the proper authorities. I actually did a small procedure on myself that did require some cutting. After I taped myself back up I was thinking how much money I saved on a visit to a real doctor.

So my question is: Is it really illegal to operate on yourself because you are practicing medicine without a license :dontknow: Depending on any replies, I may throw a nice curve ball at you too :laughing7:

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
Re: Practicing & where do you draw the line

spartacus53 said:
What I love most is being a professional in business where you "practice" your work. The 2 professions that jump to my mind are law and medicine. Here are two important areas where you can get a license to practice.. Is it just me, or would it be best to give these licenses after they have finished practicing. :icon_scratch:

Anyway, not being a medical professional, or even tried practicing this field in the past, I think I may have over stepped my bounds and will have to turn myself in to the proper authorities. I actually did a small procedure on myself that did require some cutting. After I taped myself back up I was thinking how much money I saved on a visit to a real doctor.

So my question is: Is it really illegal to operate on yourself because you are practicing medicine without a license :dontknow: Depending on any replies, I may throw a nice curve ball at you too :laughing7:

Nope its great to be self sufficient, Ive used super glue on cuts, and drained an infected earlobe on my own before, both healed nicely.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh, some states would probably consider it self mutilation and on a slow day look into it. Would you go to a practicing gynecologist? Well, no you probably wouldn't, but others might. (I'm sorry, that 'legs flouncing in the air' quote I saw on another post set me off. I could run with it, but I shall restrain myself.)

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN said:
(I'm sorry, that 'legs flouncing in the air' quote I saw on another post set me off. I could run with it, but I shall restrain myself.)

You don't know what I had to do to refrain from replying to her post :laughing9:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

With law and medicine I believe they call it practicing due to the fact that they get it wrong so often. They don't wait to issue a license because they all stick together.

I think that weather forecasters actually fall into the same group. :laughing9:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DigginThePast said:
I think that weather forecasters actually fall into the same group. :laughing9:

No truer words were ever spoken... Hurricane Earl Hmmph... not even a sprinkle on the NJ shore, and I think I had more wind that that storm too :laughing7:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I removed the stitches in my son's ankle some years back. My wife then took him back to the same doctor that had stitched him up but for another reason. He asked about my son's ankle and, when he found out that I had removed the stitches, he told my wife to not return with my son if we were going to do things like that. Heck, the doctors just have the nurses remove the stitches anyway. Don't take an expert to spot infection.
So Spart, have you developed a new procedure for the removal of hemorrhoids that we should know about and maybe publish in the American Journal of Medicine??

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

packerbacker said:
So Spart, have you developed a new procedure for the removal of hemorrhoids that we should know about and maybe publish in the American Journal of Medicine??

Not yet, still working on that.... But in conjunction with that question, I have found that Preparation-H is better in removing wrinkles and cheaper than Botox is :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread