spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long do you intend on staying? I'll be more than happy to give you a complete itinerary.. I'll even teach you how to see events for free, or at 1/2 price :icon_thumleft:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
dpitt8. We were out that way a few years ago. I wanted to see and drive across the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a little foggy
in the area of the bridge and I was surprised to see that it was blood red at that time. If you can make it to San Jose,
which is not too far from there, the Winchester House is a fascinating place to visit. It belonged to the daughter-in-law
of the original Mr Winchester that invented the Winchester rifle. It is a huge mansion with 3 floors and large rooms and
beautifully decorated in the 1800's style. If you can visit it plan on taking a while because there are so many things to
see, from all the interior decor and a large arsenal of guns to a beautifully landscaped yard around it. Also there are many
things that you will probably want to take pictures of. It is well worth the time and money spent to see it.

When we went to S. F. and the Winchester House, we were vacationing at Bass Lake next to Yosemite National Park. That park
is one place that you should really try to see if you can. There are beautiful waterfalls, awesome mountain scenery and a pretty
valley with a large campground at one end and a large log lodge hotel and restaurant. When we stopped at a stop sign near
the Lodge there was a 4 or 5 point buck standing and grazing so close I could almost have leaned out and touched him.

Wherever you go, I hope you have a great trip.

Ray

OP
OP
dpitt8

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
spartacus53 said:
How long do you intend on staying? I'll be more than happy to give you a complete itinerary.. I'll even teach you how to see events for free, or at 1/2 price :icon_thumleft:

2-3 days....and as long as its legal do tell more Spartacus :tongue3:

Diana

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dpitt8 said:
2-3 days....and as long as its legal do tell more Spartacus :tongue3:
Diana

Everything is legal, so long as you don't get caught... For free theater so my post here "How to" Like I always say, you just need to look like you belong and you're good to go.

Ray actually had one of the better sights with the Winchester House.. That is one eerie place, stairs that go nowhere and plenty of other weird things. A very interesting history, story and tour. While in SF, say hello to Ernie for me, he is working on one of the Rice A Roni Trolley's :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
dpitt8

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
anyone else have info or little tidbits i should know? best hotel buys? best spots to eat? best spots for getting great pics of the views?

OP
OP
dpitt8

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
anybody? it would be a trip in the spring if that helps anyone.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Alcatraz Island prison tour is a must. You can take a ferry boat from pier 39 in S.F. to the island. Alcatraz was famous for some of the most notorious prisoners. Al Capone, Machine Gun Kelly, just to name a few. You can see their cells while on the tour.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread