50.2 KB · Views: 824
  • xxy007.jpg
    xxy007.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 813

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Cripes...You know how I always need more details.....Unmarked grave???? I am not sure I understand....how will I know its a grave if its unmarked???? And I am taking it that we have to actually take the photo of it ourself....correct? :) :)

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi gypsy. take a pic of the creepyest looking unmarked grave be it in a forrest a graveyard or any where you know a unmarked grave is.

tinpan

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
Cripes...You know how I always need more details.....Unmarked grave???? I am not sure I understand....how will I know its a grave if its unmarked???? And I am taking it that we have to actually take the photo of it ourself....correct? :) :)
how will I know its a grave if its unmarked?.......exactly.....We would then have to KNOW FOR SURE SOMEONE IS UNDER THAT MOUND OF DIRT,STONE,,,ETC. This is good, but how will "you" know it's a fact? Just wondering!

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1320 said:
Stay tuned, I will have an entry tomorrow!
Hey, Is that you I see in that graveyard taking pictures?!!!!Just kidding....it sounded like you jumped out of your chair and took off!!!!!!! :o :)

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everone what i mean is a grave that doesn,t have a gravestone or a visable manmade marker e.g grave peg, cross, but if it has nature things as marker that fine e.g stones layed aground the outside or heeped dirt and if you think you got a grave that may not be, but looks that will do.this all a bit of fun and less rules makes for some interesting pics.the pic is all i want to see.how you go about getting it is up tp you.hahahahaha

tinpam

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Thanks for the clarification, you saved me a five mile hike. My potential entry is spooky as hell but has head and foot stones. The stones have no markings. The sunken depressions are also quite visible. A total of nine graves are obvious.

Four of them measure four feet or less from headstone to footstone, two of those four measure less than three feet. As a father, I can only imagine.......
The hair on my neck goes crazy when I'm close to this site.

By the rules on this contest, I'm obviously ineligible. It would have been cool to win the prize and intern it in one of the graves!

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi this seems a little hard so as too make it fare ANY OLD GRAVE WILL DO.THE CREEPYEST WINS.

TINPAN P.S I WANT TO SEE PICS LOL

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i should be able to win this hands down, no problem....creepiest unmarked grave ? i'll see if i can remember ? where i put the x-wife.......... ;D

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Old settlers.

all have a good un............

Attachments

• jolars1 (Small).jpg
    jolars1 (Small).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 781
  • jolars2 (Small).jpg
    jolars2 (Small).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 799

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
yup sherm, thats pretty damn creepy. i would be a little uneasy hanging out around there after dark!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is morbid. Are we trying to scare someone or what? I would avoid graves out of respect for the deceased. But that's just me. Monty

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty,Monty,Monty.....do you put flowers on anyones grave? Do you pay your respects?Come on Monty,these guys know they can't dig nobody up...don't worry...they won't mind having a picture taken! OR WILL THEY.....WOOOOOO...JUST FUNNIN

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Entry #1

This site has a total of 13 graves, head and foot stones only. No markings on the headstones. The sunken depressions aren't obvious in the photos but there is a "drop" of approximately two feet.

The last photo shows a very small grave, about three feet from stone to stone. No doubt an infant or young child. I was chilled to see the Daffodil growing right smack dab in the middle of this one.....no doubt God's hand touched this child.

I have worked with the local Historian for several years in an attempt to ID what seems to be a family grave. Still no leads. This area was settled by loggers from Scranton, PA in the very early 1700's. Could be a safe assumption that this might be one of those early families.

The photos in no way depict the creepyness of this place!

Attachments

• DSCF0287.JPG
    DSCF0287.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 699
  • DSCF0281.JPG
    DSCF0281.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 698
  • DSCF0266.JPG
    DSCF0266.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 704

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Additional photo of Entry #1

I stumbled upon this site 6 years ago and questioned everyone that I knew about this area/site. No one that I spoke with knew about it. I was referred to the county Historian who published a small book several years ago in which she included every known cemetery, including the smaller family plots. She had never heard of this one. Bless her heart and she wanted to see it first hand. She was 79 at the time and hiked the five mile hike, in July. She took several photos and took lots of notes. She conducted her own research and came up with one possible clue. She tracked down a local who was 99 years old at the time and he told her that he thought it was the Barker family plot. Both he and the Historian have passed away so it's doubtful that much more will ever be revealed.

If anyone knows of any Barker heritage in the Scranton PA vicinity, this mystery might be solved.....

Attachments

• DSCF0272.JPG
    DSCF0272.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 681

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Entry #2...I love this graveyard stuff!

Native American burial sites! Both of these graves were excavated by the University of Kentucky in 1966. The documentation states that the remains and artifacts were "logged", "studied", "photographed" and "returned in as much possible in their original positions". Not sure I'm buying into that!

These two sites are but a stones throw from Entry #1, about a mile as a crow flies.

This part of Kentucky was inhibited by Mound Builder Native Americans. I regret that at the moment I cannot remember their formal name.

These two "mounds" are about 300 yards apart, on private land (which I rent). The land has been in private hands for over 150 years. The current land owner has seen the "rock piles" for many years but had no idea that they were Indian burial sites. I accidentally came across the archive while conducting Civil War research.

Attachments

• DSCF0295.JPG
    DSCF0295.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 704
  • DSCF0300.JPG
    DSCF0300.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 673

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread