Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Good job on a crazy old man defending himself.

Bad job media for trying to make him a Vietnam vet :cussing:

http://www.sfweekly.com/content/printVersion/1975437/

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2010/05/epic_beard_man_is_back_to_his.php

Good job with that first link SWR. Looks like he was the one tazed at the ball park after all. You read the link and he is a character off his meds for sure. I thought you could believe everything on the internet. :help:
I still think that guy on the bus had it coming though and I did watch the original video Gopher. Not sure which version you saw ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy on the bus had it coming........

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
I still think that guy on the bus had it coming though and I did watch the original video Gopher. Not sure which version you saw ?

The one where Bruso asked Lovette for a spit shine.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Wonder what he said to get the Guy
to confront him in the fiirst place.

Has to be more to it

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:

Has to be more to it

The old man started it with the spit shine remark. He was looking for trouble and found an easy mark.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calisdad said:
jeff of pa said:

Has to be more to it

The old man started it with the spit shine remark. He was looking for trouble and found an easy mark.

Thanks !

Because I Knew this wasn't a cut & Dry Case
of somone Picking on an Old Guy,
I Knew there was more to it
but didn't listen close or read the
reports.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
words are just that "words" --its not what they call you but what you answer to that matters *-- nasty remark for nasty remark big hairy deal -- fair nuff -- but the old dude did break off and leave to the front of the bus -- but once fist are thrown thats a whole differant level of ugly *-- hitting and whipping up on senior citizens by young healthy folks (even if the old dude was stupid and racist *) is still frowned upon by the law -- for good reason as many seniors can easily be killed by a blow that would not be a serious attack on a young healthy person -- for elderly womena fall can often break a hip easily -- killing a person for being insulting and rude is not a opition these days -- in the early 1800's a duel maybe could have been arranged . pistols at dawn 10 paces.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
ivan salis said:
words are just that "words" --its not what they call you but what you answer to that matters *-- nasty remark for nasty remark big hairy deal -- fair nuff -- but the old dude did break off and leave to the front of the bus -- but once fist are thrown thats a whole differant level of ugly *-- hitting and whipping up on senior citizens by young healthy folks (even if the old dude was stupid and racist *) is still frowned upon by the law -- for good reason as many seniors can easily be killed by a blow that would not be a serious attack on a young healthy person -- for elderly womena fall can often break a hip easily -- killing a person for being insulting and rude is not a opition these days -- in the early 1800's a duel maybe could have been arranged . pistols at dawn 10 paces.

I have to whole heartedly agree with you on this one Ivan.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the kid got what he deserved, words are words, the kid took a swing at the old guy first, the old guy defended himself.
the kid got his butt whipped and in the end the kid is a thief and a felon. he tried to harass a guy who is old enough, that he won't be pushed around by a punk and then proceded to light the kids a$$ on fire. I loved every second

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
the kid got what he deserved, words are words,
*****************************************************************************************************
I agree . Mouthing insults is one thing, but there is , IMO a personal zone that once broken alerts most of a possible
physical confrontation. Depending on tone of voice & body language, I don't like people closer than arms length under
these circumstances. The gray beard did walk away & sat down, the thug punk thought he had a sucker on the line &
decided to play gangsta tuff guy. He went over the line when he put his hands on the old fella & 'shazaam' , up jumped
a tiger. He deserved it. That guy threw some pretty hard, accurate punches & ended the threat. Good for him. :hello2:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calisdad said:
Don'tcha even wonder why this was all caught on a cell phone? Even a little? :icon_scratch:

Maybe it's just like a Seinfeld episode, where Kramer tossed an oil filled ball out the window to show it wouldn't burst. Jerry asked George if he had enough film for the experiment, arrest and trial.

Maybe they thought they were Seinfeld and company :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calisdad said:
Don'tcha even wonder why this was all caught on a cell phone? Even a little? :icon_scratch:

:thumbsup:

Already on my mind.

I also wonder when they are planning their next
Video. & the other Guy will be the Vet
who wins the fight against a bus load of
skin heads.

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Southern and Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre
Tubecity said:
*****************************************************************************************************
I agree . Mouthing insults is one thing, but there is , IMO a personal zone that once broken alerts most of a possible
physical confrontation. Depending on tone of voice & body language, I don't like people closer than arms length under
these circumstances. The gray beard did walk away & sat down, the thug punk thought he had a sucker on the line &
decided to play gangsta tuff guy. He went over the line when he put his hands on the old fella & 'shazaam' , up jumped
a tiger. He deserved it. That guy threw some pretty hard, accurate punches & ended the threat. Good for him. :hello2:

although i am 52 now kinda reminds me of challenging someone when i was 19 and the old man was 67 he kicked my ass and it was a lesson learned for me, i learned the hard way, ( repect your elders)

Attachments

• lolligans.gif
    lolligans.gif
    121.8 KB · Views: 140
  • lolligans.gif
    lolligans.gif
    121.8 KB · Views: 148

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe Hoo said:
Tubecity said:

although i am 52 now kinda reminds me of challenging someone when i was 19 and the old man was 67 he kicked my ass and it was a lesson learned for me, i learned the hard way, ( repect your elders)

I Don't know.

I'm 55

& I Feel IF I Couldn't give Respect to an 18 year old,
I Wouldn't deserve respect from him.

works both ways.

Violence isn't the answer either way,
But "Respect" Is earned.
& Not Forcefully with Violence.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
But "Respect" Is earned.
================================================================================
I most humbly agree. But it is not the rule of the street or those that infest the cities & sometimes the malls.
If you must travel thru or work in or near these places, to them 'our respect' is seen as weakness. They care
little for singing 'Kumbaya' or an invitation to share some herbal tea. They will kill you or beat you senseless for
a few dollars. sad as it may seem. They don't respect themselves & surely won't 'respect' you or me. If you think
a kind word will ease the situation, please, stay out of these areas.

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
Tubecity said:
But "Respect" Is earned.
================================================================================
I most humbly agree. But it is not the rule of the street or those that infest the cities & sometimes the malls.
If you must travel thru or work in or near these places, to them 'our respect' is seen as weakness. They care
little for singing 'Kumbaya' or an invitation to share some herbal tea. They will kill you or beat you senseless for
a few dollars. sad as it may seem. They don't respect themselves & surely won't 'respect' you or me. If you think
a kind word will ease the situation, please, stay out of these areas.

Well put and good advice. It's not just the cities and malls anymore it's spreading to quiet little neighborhoods also . Thugs are doing road trips looking to kill , rape and rob .Last week six kids were shot in a drive-by less than a mile from our house (3 died ), police say it may be gang related .Had a burglary a couple of blocks away a few weeks ago and
earlier this year there were several burglaries in the neighborhood where the crooks entered thru doggie doors .
Kind words aren't getting it folks better get a cannon for that castle .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread