Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• 2006_0622Image0014.JPG
    2006_0622Image0014.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 923
Re: Contest.................."PIC OF YOUR MOST UNUSUAL FIND"

Hi Everyone,
Well I'm lookin at all the goodies you guys are sending in for the contest. I gotta say that so far I'm liking what I'm seeing. Keep them
coming in. It's gonna be tough to pick the winners but I'm having a blast checking out all the cool finds.

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate

Was detecting an old home site (no one living there now) but house has been around sence town and town dates back to mid 1800's. I think it was the 3rd time back and i only had an hour left before dark. Started swingin my coil and got a nice sold hit at about 4 or 5 in down. cut my plug and nothing in the plug so started to dig a bit(with plastic spade) Wedged my spade in under something and pryed a bit and out comes this Egg. Its glass and very thin. It's got a small tiny hole at one end where the dirt has gotten in. Maybe a bit bigger then a normal egg not by much though and its got a slight blue tint to it.

Attachments

• Egggg.jpg
    Egggg.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 832

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana

I'm goin' with my Bulldog. It's about the size of a silver dollar and would have been about 9-inches down before they took off the top dirt for me. Looks like it had a pin on the back at one time.

Attachments

• P7010009.JPG
    P7010009.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 843
J

james 101

well here is mine a lion wearing crown found close to a war of 1812 site it was 9 inches deep it is 8 inches tall and 7 inches tall made of cast iron quite heavy never figured out what it may have been used for
DSC02025.jpg

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR

I think my most unusual find was a recent discovery in my back yard. I just moved into this place in December, so I am still hunting the yard. This past spring I got a signal that sounded like a deep half-dollar. I dug and dug with my screwdriver, and then I got a trowel and dug a bit, but I still couldn't find it. I got out the shovel. What showed up, at about a foot deep, was a large square piece of rusty metal. You can see this item propped on the dirtpile in pic 1. I scanned the hole, and there was still some kind of signal--and so I kept digging. I then found the pipe that you can see partially buried at the far-right and near the top of the hole in pic 2. At the same time, I found a flat layer of bricks. You can see the bricks in pic 1. When I found the flat brick layer, I thought I was on to treasure! It had just gotten dark when I found the brick layer, and I barely slept that night. I felt like Nancy Drew. Then, below the flat bricks I found, at about three-feet deep, something round and metal. (bottom of the hole, pic 2) Treasure? Nope, it was the metal lid you see in pic 3. Was the lid covering treasure? Nope, I dug clear down to four-feet-deep, and found the open end of a 2" pipe that is apparently quite large, since it won't budge. You can see the pipe way down there if you look closely at pic 4. A very unusual dig indeed. I was just trying to find a dang coin!

Attachments

• digsite.jpg
    digsite.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 787
  • hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 781
  • lid.jpg
    lid.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 769
  • pit.jpg
    pit.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 773

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT

Would hate to be the judge on this one.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mwl67...looks like an old septic tank...

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

I guess this is my most unusual find, it's a mini dagger/sword(approximately 3 inches long). I found it last year about two inches down in a park. Not sure what it's from,but cool looking anyways.

Attachments

• Dagger11.jpg
    Dagger11.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 760
  • Dagger22.jpg
    Dagger22.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 755

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

WWII Japanese coin with bullet hole through it. Found at a battle site on Okinawa.

Attachments

• index2.jpg
    index2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 754
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 769
  • index2.jpg
    index2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 744
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 760

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hi dave thats on awsome find and i remember the first time i saw it.the old eyeball popped right out. :o :o :o and some of the other posts made me laugh.

tinpan

randall61

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2004
Guntersville,Alabama
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x2,viper trident

I found this next to an old oak.....all i know is its silver

Attachments

• civilwar.5.JPG
    civilwar.5.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 746

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have to give my chickens credit for finding these teeth . They dig holes all around my yard to take dirt baths in . I've found alot of plastic army men , smurfs , a New hampshire public works token , and these creepy teeth !
mojjax

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 731
  • Picture 002 (2).jpg
    Picture 002 (2).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 726
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 734

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mlw67 said:
I think my most unusual find was a recent discovery in my back yard. I just moved into this place in December, so I am still hunting the yard. This past spring I got a signal that sounded like a deep half-dollar. I dug and dug with my screwdriver, and then I got a trowel and dug a bit, but I still couldn't find it. I got out the shovel. What showed up, at about a foot deep, was a large square piece of rusty metal. You can see this item propped on the dirtpile in pic 1. I scanned the hole, and there was still some kind of signal--and so I kept digging. I then found the pipe that you can see partially buried at the far-right and near the top of the hole in pic 2. At the same time, I found a flat layer of bricks. You can see the bricks in pic 1. When I found the flat brick layer, I thought I was on to treasure! It had just gotten dark when I found the brick layer, and I barely slept that night. I felt like Nancy Drew. Then, below the flat bricks I found, at about three-feet deep, something round and metal. (bottom of the hole, pic 2) Treasure? Nope, it was the metal lid you see in pic 3. Was the lid covering treasure? Nope, I dug clear down to four-feet-deep, and found the open end of a 2" pipe that is apparently quite large, since it won't budge. You can see the pipe way down there if you look closely at pic 4. A very unusual dig indeed. I was just trying to find a dang coin!
Keep digging WLW67 The 55 gallon Drum is still down there with a cache of coins at the bottom ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

With all these great prizes I have to enter something. ;D
This aluminum " Magicians Thumb ", used to conceal objects for magic tricks is probably my most unusual find...
Had to do a "What's it" to get a positive ID on it...
Good luck all, there are some very interesting finds on here so-far...

Attachments

• Thumb.jpg
    Thumb.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 724
OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

Hey Leon, when I was a kid I had a plastic version of that thumb, made little pieces of paper & cigarrete butts disapear before my freinds eyes! lol Very cool find Leon! ;D

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky

Mighty AP said:
That'd be a winner fer sure if you got a pic! Beeps from its intestines huh? Only possible explaination is if it consumed some sort of appliance or electronics................my guess would be a cell phone or toaster. lol ;D
or may be a bunch of buck shot :-\

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

Cool coin Paul, Jon43 read "Free to Good Home" in Everything Else & you'll understand Cyns joke, her avatar will make sense as well. lol ;D

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky

i found this years back. never found out what it came off :'( i had it post in what is it

Attachments

• what_is_it_141.jpg
    what_is_it_141.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 713
  • what_is_it_141.jpg
    what_is_it_141.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 702

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Contest....."PIC OF YOUR MOST UNUSUAL FIND"

Here is what I think could be the backing to a woman's hairbrush or mirror. English looking, dug at a 1872 homestead. It was mixed in with a lot of fireplace ashes and junk.

I'm visioning that it LQ's Great Grandma, think I see a resemblance, of course her avatar isn't dressed in the same mannor. :D

Attachments

• Backing to old hair brush or mirror I think. Nov.11, 2005 Wolcott, NY.jpg
    Backing to old hair brush or mirror I think. Nov.11, 2005 Wolcott, NY.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 664

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread